- School GCSE results tables are published today.
- Find out more here with updates to follow
- It's bright at the moment but watch out for sleet later...
- Keep up to date with the weather here
- A stark warning has been issued over the £70m of cuts faced by Swindon Council.
- Find out more here
Welcome to the Adver’s live news panel for January 29
Trending across the UK
RE: ‘Rural life clouded by solar farm’ (Adver, January 10), I should like to record the work of our two Highworth and Blunsdon councillors, Alan Biship and Maureen Penny, who worked hard with Inglesham residents in opposing the proposed solar farm and who, along with local residents, voiced their objections during the planning committee meeting on December 9.
ON a crisp autumnal day just over 20 years ago a group of smartly turned-out pensioners – blazers, suits, ties, shoes so shiny that you could virtually make out your reflection in them, etcetera – converged from all corners of the country onto a village near Swindon.