DURING the industrial action by members of the Fire Brigades’ Union between 6.30am and 8.30am this morning, Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service attended one minor incident.

A crew from Royal Wootton Bassett was called to the Miranda House Care Home in the High Street at 8.08am after reports of a smell of burning. This was identified as being caused by a faulty light fitting.

Crews at 10 of Wiltshire’s 24 fire stations were unavailable to respond to incidents during the strike, but the service had contingency plans in place to maintain cover across the county using on-call firefighters as appropriate.

As a result, there were 10 appliances available ‘on station’ and a further three ‘on call’.

As of 8.30am, all striking crews came back on duty.