Swindon AdvertiserTeenager’s bike is taken and torched (From Swindon Advertiser)

Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us

Teenager’s bike is taken and torched

Swindon Advertiser: The torched £1,000 bike The torched £1,000 bike

TEENAGER Kyle Parmenter, who saved for months to buy a motorbike for his 16th birthday, has been left devastated after it was stolen and burnt out just weeks later.

Kyle, who has a statement of special educational needs, gathered change by doing chores for friends and neighbours in order to buy his £850 Yamaha.

He turned 16 in December, and was thrilled when he got his CBT licence and bought the bike.

But last Saturday, it was stolen from his front garden, driven to a nearby field and set on fire.

Kyle’s mum, Kathleen Wright, said: “He saved really hard to get this new bike. He suffers from a lot of anxiety, and he was really looking forward to getting on the road and having his freedom. Because he knew his 16th birthday was coming up he put all his Christmas money and birthday money towards it.

“He was desperate, and has been saving throughout last year. He has got a statement of education for behavioural, emotional and social difficulties, and suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder, which he is getting help for.”

The bike was taken sometime during the night while it was chained up outside the house in Willows Avenue, Penhill.

“He parked it up outside the house on Saturday night and locked it up,” said Kathleen, 34. “During the night it got stolen from the front garden and driven to a park around the corner, where it got burnt out. It’s completely destroyed, and is just a shell of a bike.

“The bike itself cost around £850, and he spent another £150 or so on getting his CBT licence. The bike is a red and white Yamaha CF50-RR.

“During the night my partner came home about 3am. He was driving his mates back home after a night out and they noticed Kyle’s helmet was there but could not see the bike.”

Kyle was woken in the early hours with the news.

“I loved that bike because I was free and could get to where I needed to go,” he said.

“My grandad died recently and ny nan lives in Chiseldon, so I used to have to get the bus to go and see her.

“I felt safer on the bike as well because I wasn’t with a lot of people. I don’t feel comfortable with a lot of people.

“I had locked it up properly, so they must have cut through the lock. It was really emotional, and I just want to find who did this.”

Contact Wiltshire Police on 101 if you have any information regarding this incident.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:37am Wed 19 Feb 14

pastor_of_muppets says...

Poor lad. We have some utter scum in this country. Something needs to be done about anti-social behaviour in this country, and urgently. It's our societie's bane
Poor lad. We have some utter scum in this country. Something needs to be done about anti-social behaviour in this country, and urgently. It's our societie's bane pastor_of_muppets
  • Score: 22

10:27am Wed 19 Feb 14

Itssomewheretowork says...

A sad story of our times.
I guess the only consolation is that as his mum said he was going on the road with it the insurance should pay up
A sad story of our times. I guess the only consolation is that as his mum said he was going on the road with it the insurance should pay up Itssomewheretowork
  • Score: 10

11:59am Wed 19 Feb 14

Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move! says...

We he'll be able to claim off his insurance surely ? I'm sure it was insured wasn't it ?
We he'll be able to claim off his insurance surely ? I'm sure it was insured wasn't it ? Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move!
  • Score: 2

12:19pm Wed 19 Feb 14

speaker2 says...

These sick people need to be found
Have you got this up on Facebook Kyle, because us Bikers don't stand for this
These sick people need to be found Have you got this up on Facebook Kyle, because us Bikers don't stand for this speaker2
  • Score: 6

1:28pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move! says...

I just looked on fb interesting pic of Kyle. Hope his bike was insured, illegal not to insure it - same as drinking the alcohol in his pic is illegal at 16years old, not to mention what the cartoon baby is smoking. Nice.
I just looked on fb interesting pic of Kyle. Hope his bike was insured, illegal not to insure it - same as drinking the alcohol in his pic is illegal at 16years old, not to mention what the cartoon baby is smoking. Nice. Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move!
  • Score: 5

1:41pm Wed 19 Feb 14

house on the hill says...

pastor_of_muppets wrote:
Poor lad. We have some utter scum in this country. Something needs to be done about anti-social behaviour in this country, and urgently. It's our societie's bane
I am sure many agree but what is the answer. Our prisons are overflowing, part of the reason the judiciary are under pressure not to send so many there, but the impact is has on the individual can last for life. I guess it will be a mixture of better education and a tougher judiciary working together, but sending them all to prison may just make it worse with the people they will come into contact with. Agree a very difficult problem to solve.
[quote][p][bold]pastor_of_muppets[/bold] wrote: Poor lad. We have some utter scum in this country. Something needs to be done about anti-social behaviour in this country, and urgently. It's our societie's bane[/p][/quote]I am sure many agree but what is the answer. Our prisons are overflowing, part of the reason the judiciary are under pressure not to send so many there, but the impact is has on the individual can last for life. I guess it will be a mixture of better education and a tougher judiciary working together, but sending them all to prison may just make it worse with the people they will come into contact with. Agree a very difficult problem to solve. house on the hill
  • Score: 1

3:05pm Wed 19 Feb 14

knittynora says...

Ifyoudontlikeswindon
-move!
wrote:
I just looked on fb interesting pic of Kyle. Hope his bike was insured, illegal not to insure it - same as drinking the alcohol in his pic is illegal at 16years old, not to mention what the cartoon baby is smoking. Nice.
So does any of this detract from the point that his bike was stolen and burnt out? Surely he is the victim here?
[quote][p][bold]Ifyoudontlikeswindon -move![/bold] wrote: I just looked on fb interesting pic of Kyle. Hope his bike was insured, illegal not to insure it - same as drinking the alcohol in his pic is illegal at 16years old, not to mention what the cartoon baby is smoking. Nice.[/p][/quote]So does any of this detract from the point that his bike was stolen and burnt out? Surely he is the victim here? knittynora
  • Score: 0

3:25pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Ringer says...

This can't be true because Phantom Poster told us that crime doesn't happen in Penhill and Pinehurst.
This can't be true because Phantom Poster told us that crime doesn't happen in Penhill and Pinehurst. Ringer
  • Score: 2

3:51pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Ladyharvey says...

He appears to be a ganja farmer as well.... according to his facebook!
He appears to be a ganja farmer as well.... according to his facebook! Ladyharvey
  • Score: 2

3:54pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move! says...

I understand that he's the victim. What happened to his bike is horrible, however if, as his mum says in the article he's been using it, then it'll be insured.
I understand that he's the victim. What happened to his bike is horrible, however if, as his mum says in the article he's been using it, then it'll be insured. Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move!
  • Score: 4

4:14pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Phantom Poster says...

Ringer wrote:
This can't be true because Phantom Poster told us that crime doesn't happen in Penhill and Pinehurst.
No I didn't say that, and you know I didn't. However, if you lose an argument your only recourse seems to be to resort to lies.

It's patently ovious that crime happens in those areas. What you know I said is that I have friends in both those places who have not been directly affected by crime. You say that this is not possible. However, however unlike you I am not a liar.

You a seriously deluded if in your paranoid world you think any area has 100% of people directly experiencing crime.
[quote][p][bold]Ringer[/bold] wrote: This can't be true because Phantom Poster told us that crime doesn't happen in Penhill and Pinehurst.[/p][/quote]No I didn't say that, and you know I didn't. However, if you lose an argument your only recourse seems to be to resort to lies. It's patently ovious that crime happens in those areas. What you know I said is that I have friends in both those places who have not been directly affected by crime. You say that this is not possible. However, however unlike you I am not a liar. You a seriously deluded if in your paranoid world you think any area has 100% of people directly experiencing crime. Phantom Poster
  • Score: -1

4:58pm Wed 19 Feb 14

trustnopolitician says...

Despicable !

by the bye editor Willows Avenue is in Pinehurst
Despicable ! by the bye editor Willows Avenue is in Pinehurst trustnopolitician
  • Score: 2

5:09pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Krazy Kammy says...

I find it very sad that a few of the above found it necessary to check who he was on facebook. That is proper creepy, you really do need to get out more as you mustn't have a lot going on in your lives.
I find it very sad that a few of the above found it necessary to check who he was on facebook. That is proper creepy, you really do need to get out more as you mustn't have a lot going on in your lives. Krazy Kammy
  • Score: 5

5:32pm Wed 19 Feb 14

leafy1 says...

The bike was taken sometime during the night while it was chained up outside the house in Willows Avenue.
The bike was taken sometime during the night while it was chained up outside the house in Willows Avenue. leafy1
  • Score: 0

5:35pm Wed 19 Feb 14

leafy1 says...

The bike was taken sometime during the night while it was chained up outside the house in Willows Avenue.

You are asking for trouble doing that.......if he gets another scooter then put it out of sight of would be thieves.
The bike was taken sometime during the night while it was chained up outside the house in Willows Avenue. You are asking for trouble doing that.......if he gets another scooter then put it out of sight of would be thieves. leafy1
  • Score: 1

5:46pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move! says...

For your information I checked to see if it had been put on fb as mentioned by the biker earlier on !!
Creepy in my opinion is a cartoon of a baby smoking what looks to be an illegal substance, or indeed smoking full stop. We're all entitled to our opinions of everything, including what we think is creepy.

This said I hope the perpetrators are suitably brought to justice - the lad is clearly upset and rightly so. Pinehurst is a close knit community someone will know something. Hope he gets his insurance money soon and is able to buy another.
For your information I checked to see if it had been put on fb as mentioned by the biker earlier on !! Creepy in my opinion is a cartoon of a baby smoking what looks to be an illegal substance, or indeed smoking full stop. We're all entitled to our opinions of everything, including what we think is creepy. This said I hope the perpetrators are suitably brought to justice - the lad is clearly upset and rightly so. Pinehurst is a close knit community someone will know something. Hope he gets his insurance money soon and is able to buy another. Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move!
  • Score: 3

6:23pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Krazy Kammy says...

Ifyoudontlikeswindon
-move!
wrote:
For your information I checked to see if it had been put on fb as mentioned by the biker earlier on !!
Creepy in my opinion is a cartoon of a baby smoking what looks to be an illegal substance, or indeed smoking full stop. We're all entitled to our opinions of everything, including what we think is creepy.

This said I hope the perpetrators are suitably brought to justice - the lad is clearly upset and rightly so. Pinehurst is a close knit community someone will know something. Hope he gets his insurance money soon and is able to buy another.
Firstly it was taken from Penhill not pinehurst.

Secondly, Still doesn't justify you spying on the guys profile. Proper weird in my opinion and in a way it is stalking.
[quote][p][bold]Ifyoudontlikeswindon -move![/bold] wrote: For your information I checked to see if it had been put on fb as mentioned by the biker earlier on !! Creepy in my opinion is a cartoon of a baby smoking what looks to be an illegal substance, or indeed smoking full stop. We're all entitled to our opinions of everything, including what we think is creepy. This said I hope the perpetrators are suitably brought to justice - the lad is clearly upset and rightly so. Pinehurst is a close knit community someone will know something. Hope he gets his insurance money soon and is able to buy another.[/p][/quote]Firstly it was taken from Penhill not pinehurst. Secondly, Still doesn't justify you spying on the guys profile. Proper weird in my opinion and in a way it is stalking. Krazy Kammy
  • Score: 3

6:31pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move! says...

trustnopolitician wrote:
Despicable !

by the bye editor Willows Avenue is in Pinehurst
Not familiar with either area was merely quoting above.

Again opinions differ. I've explained myself. Sometimes the lady doth protest too much I think.
[quote][p][bold]trustnopolitician[/bold] wrote: Despicable ! by the bye editor Willows Avenue is in Pinehurst[/p][/quote]Not familiar with either area was merely quoting above. Again opinions differ. I've explained myself. Sometimes the lady doth protest too much I think. Ifyoudontlikeswindon-move!
  • Score: 2

7:16pm Wed 19 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

This website really does attract some odd mudda f*ckers
This website really does attract some odd mudda f*ckers Davey Gravey
  • Score: 1

9:23pm Wed 19 Feb 14

house on the hill says...

Krazy Kammy wrote:
I find it very sad that a few of the above found it necessary to check who he was on facebook. That is proper creepy, you really do need to get out more as you mustn't have a lot going on in your lives.
anyone who has tw4tbook or twatter needs to get out more! Like anyone really has 300 friends! or anyone cares you are going for a dump!
[quote][p][bold]Krazy Kammy[/bold] wrote: I find it very sad that a few of the above found it necessary to check who he was on facebook. That is proper creepy, you really do need to get out more as you mustn't have a lot going on in your lives.[/p][/quote]anyone who has tw4tbook or twatter needs to get out more! Like anyone really has 300 friends! or anyone cares you are going for a dump! house on the hill
  • Score: 2

11:39pm Wed 19 Feb 14

ChаnnelX says...

Krazy Kammy wrote:
I find it very sad that a few of the above found it necessary to check who he was on facebook. That is proper creepy, you really do need to get out more as you mustn't have a lot going on in your lives.
What's even creepier is that he appears to be a wannabee gangster, posing for snaps with his fingers in suggestive positions or holding bottles of strong alcohol while 'friends' post comments such as; "Na jokin not EnJ dats dank but Otha tong bun dat!!".

Is *anyone* able to translate this into something I might understand?
[quote][p][bold]Krazy Kammy[/bold] wrote: I find it very sad that a few of the above found it necessary to check who he was on facebook. That is proper creepy, you really do need to get out more as you mustn't have a lot going on in your lives.[/p][/quote]What's even creepier is that he appears to be a wannabee gangster, posing for snaps with his fingers in suggestive positions or holding bottles of strong alcohol while 'friends' post comments such as; "Na jokin not EnJ dats dank but Otha tong bun dat!!". Is *anyone* able to translate this into something I might understand? ChаnnelX
  • Score: -1

6:18am Thu 20 Feb 14

Krazy Kammy says...

house on the hill wrote:
Krazy Kammy wrote:
I find it very sad that a few of the above found it necessary to check who he was on facebook. That is proper creepy, you really do need to get out more as you mustn't have a lot going on in your lives.
anyone who has tw4tbook or twatter needs to get out more! Like anyone really has 300 friends! or anyone cares you are going for a dump!
Very true and well said House on the hill.
[quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Krazy Kammy[/bold] wrote: I find it very sad that a few of the above found it necessary to check who he was on facebook. That is proper creepy, you really do need to get out more as you mustn't have a lot going on in your lives.[/p][/quote]anyone who has tw4tbook or twatter needs to get out more! Like anyone really has 300 friends! or anyone cares you are going for a dump![/p][/quote]Very true and well said House on the hill. Krazy Kammy
  • Score: 0

7:21am Thu 20 Feb 14

Phantom Poster says...

Krazy Kammy wrote:
Ifyoudontlikeswindon

-move!
wrote:
For your information I checked to see if it had been put on fb as mentioned by the biker earlier on !!
Creepy in my opinion is a cartoon of a baby smoking what looks to be an illegal substance, or indeed smoking full stop. We're all entitled to our opinions of everything, including what we think is creepy.

This said I hope the perpetrators are suitably brought to justice - the lad is clearly upset and rightly so. Pinehurst is a close knit community someone will know something. Hope he gets his insurance money soon and is able to buy another.
Firstly it was taken from Penhill not pinehurst.

Secondly, Still doesn't justify you spying on the guys profile. Proper weird in my opinion and in a way it is stalking.
How can looking at a web page which has been set up for anyone in the world to see be considered stalking? It is possible to lock down peoples access to your profile on Facebook, you know.

I think the more accurate conclusion might be that the guy is an exhibition.
[quote][p][bold]Krazy Kammy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ifyoudontlikeswindon -move![/bold] wrote: For your information I checked to see if it had been put on fb as mentioned by the biker earlier on !! Creepy in my opinion is a cartoon of a baby smoking what looks to be an illegal substance, or indeed smoking full stop. We're all entitled to our opinions of everything, including what we think is creepy. This said I hope the perpetrators are suitably brought to justice - the lad is clearly upset and rightly so. Pinehurst is a close knit community someone will know something. Hope he gets his insurance money soon and is able to buy another.[/p][/quote]Firstly it was taken from Penhill not pinehurst. Secondly, Still doesn't justify you spying on the guys profile. Proper weird in my opinion and in a way it is stalking.[/p][/quote]How can looking at a web page which has been set up for anyone in the world to see be considered stalking? It is possible to lock down peoples access to your profile on Facebook, you know. I think the more accurate conclusion might be that the guy is an exhibition. Phantom Poster
  • Score: -1

7:32am Thu 20 Feb 14

Phantom Poster says...

Sorry missed out the 'ist' at the end of that post - **** predictive texting.

I'm looking at the publicly available Adver web site at the moment - does that mean I'm stalking the Adver?
Sorry missed out the 'ist' at the end of that post - **** predictive texting. I'm looking at the publicly available Adver web site at the moment - does that mean I'm stalking the Adver? Phantom Poster
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree