Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
SWINDON TOWN: Young striker Storey is offered new deal
SWINDON Town have offered Miles Storey a new, two-year contract at the County Ground, the Advertiser can exclusively reveal.
The striker, a graduate of the Robins’ youth system, may have a tough job on his hands breaking into the first team following the signings of Nile Ranger, Dany N’Guessan, Nicky Ajose and Mohamed El Gabas over the summer, but the club has shown faith in the teenager by tabling a deal which if signed will keep Storey in Wiltshire until the summer of 2015.
Storey had previously agreed terms to stay with Swindon until 2014, but chairman Jed McCrory told the Swindon Advertiser that he thought the 19-year-old was well worth another 12 months.
He said: “We think Miles has done exceptionally since we took over.
“We told him right at the beginning of the year that we’d review his contract.
“Now we’re getting things settled, a two-year deal has been offered to him.”
Meanwhile, Town have failed in their appeal against Nathan Byrne’s red card at MK Dons on Saturday.
Referee Stuart Attwell dismissed the winger for a clumsy challenge on Shaun Williams in the 51st minute at stadium:mk, but neither Town boss Mark Cooper nor his opposite number Karl Robinson thought the punishment was justified.
Swindon submitted an appeal to the Football Association on Monday but it was turned down yesterday, meaning Byrne will serve a three-match ban.
He will not be available for the league games against Wolves and Bristol City and the Capital One Cup third-round tie against Chelsea.
Finally, Swindon played a behind-closed-doors friendly at Reading yesterday.
Comments are closed on this article.