Pritchard praises Town after double nomination

Alex Pritchard

Alex Pritchard

First published in Sport Swindon Advertiser: Photograph of the Author by , Deputy sports editor, awarren@swindonadvertiser.co.uk, @AndyWarren_

ALEX Pritchard has insisted his two award nominations are not just for him, but also for everyone associated with Swindon Town after he was given his big break by the Robins.

The pint-sized winger was named on the three-man shortlist for the Football League’s Young Player of the Year award on Monday and followed that up yesterday with a nomination for the League One Player of the Year gong.

Pritchard, who has scored seven goals for Town in what his first full season in professional football following his season-long loan from Spurs, is proud to have been nominated but was also quick to praise the role of the County Ground club following his double recognition.

“I just played my football, that’s all I do, I work for the team and luckily enough I’m in there,” he said.

“Whatever happens I won’t change anything and will just keep playing. This is good for me and hopefully something else good comes from it now.

“This club has been really good for me and I’ve played a load of games, working hard for the team and for the fans and hopefully something comes from it.

“This has been my first year of regular football, men’s football, and I knew what it would be like with people trying to get into me and rough me up. I’ve just got on with it because I knew myself I had to be strong because I would probably take a fair few hits, which I have. I like it, if they give it to me I give it back to them and that’s the best way.”

Pritchard is up against Derby’s Will Hughes and Leicester’s Liam Moore for the prestigious Football League Young Player award and the Town winger, playing a division below his two rivals, is honoured to be in mentioned in the same breath as the duo.

“I was at the England camp with Liam and he’s doing really well playing week in, week out for them and there are clubs sniffing for him,” he said. They are looking good to go up to the Prem.

“I don’t know Will Hughes but I think he’s only 18 or 19 and that says it all. He’s played loads of games and for a young guy that’s unbelievable.

“There are good players who have won it before but it is what it is, you either win or you don’t.”

Wolves midfielder Kevin McDonald and Brentford’s Adam Forshaw are the other two players competing for the League One prize.

Comments (39)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:04am Thu 13 Mar 14

U REDS says...

Good luck Alex. Decent player and guy and I hope he gets the right move in the summer to forward his career.
Good luck Alex. Decent player and guy and I hope he gets the right move in the summer to forward his career. U REDS
  • Score: 4

8:15am Thu 13 Mar 14

old town robin says...

Congrats Alex, pleased you've made so much progress with STFC especially as there has been little experienced players to help you. the other nominees have had it easy playing for top teams i hope that is taken into account.

You. need to improve on the yellow cards though and not back chat these refs, you cannot win with them, most of them are on a mission and they don't take football into account when they want to be the centre of attention.
Congrats Alex, pleased you've made so much progress with STFC especially as there has been little experienced players to help you. the other nominees have had it easy playing for top teams i hope that is taken into account. You. need to improve on the yellow cards though and not back chat these refs, you cannot win with them, most of them are on a mission and they don't take football into account when they want to be the centre of attention. old town robin
  • Score: 4

8:16am Thu 13 Mar 14

oz ashes says...

U REDS wrote:
Good luck Alex. Decent player and guy and I hope he gets the right move in the summer to forward his career.
yep with us get your cheque book out mr power lol
[quote][p][bold]U REDS[/bold] wrote: Good luck Alex. Decent player and guy and I hope he gets the right move in the summer to forward his career.[/p][/quote]yep with us get your cheque book out mr power lol oz ashes
  • Score: 1

8:34am Thu 13 Mar 14

LeGod says...

Congratulations Alex the stand out player for us with your silky skills next stop a championship club wouldnt be surprised if that was Bournemouth as he would fit in with their style of play unless we can pull something out the bag and keep him for another year i think alot could also depend on whether Tim Sherwood stays as Spurs as all the talk of Van Gaal going there to take over seems to be hotting up.
Congratulations Alex the stand out player for us with your silky skills next stop a championship club wouldnt be surprised if that was Bournemouth as he would fit in with their style of play unless we can pull something out the bag and keep him for another year i think alot could also depend on whether Tim Sherwood stays as Spurs as all the talk of Van Gaal going there to take over seems to be hotting up. LeGod
  • Score: 3

8:44am Thu 13 Mar 14

GiulianoGrazioli says...

class act! will be gutted when he leaves us...such a key player! will go far I am sure!
class act! will be gutted when he leaves us...such a key player! will go far I am sure! GiulianoGrazioli
  • Score: 4

8:48am Thu 13 Mar 14

Wilesy says...

I think Pritch has come on leaps and bounds and is now playing with real consistency. At the start he was getting frustrated and picking up yellows and not involved in some games but now he bites his lip and is close to man of the match every game.

Clearly better things lie ahead but he's done really well.

Surprised that there were only 2 good young players in the Championship? He's done well but League 1 is much tougher would have thought there would be quite a few ahead of him, even though he has done so well.
I think Pritch has come on leaps and bounds and is now playing with real consistency. At the start he was getting frustrated and picking up yellows and not involved in some games but now he bites his lip and is close to man of the match every game. Clearly better things lie ahead but he's done really well. Surprised that there were only 2 good young players in the Championship? He's done well but League 1 is much tougher would have thought there would be quite a few ahead of him, even though he has done so well. Wilesy
  • Score: 2

9:01am Thu 13 Mar 14

old town robin says...

Apologies for copying this news article taken from the South Wales Evening Post, but I haven't found anything on the Adver site to update us that Nile goes back to court in May. Not sure 50 ml's could be considered a significant amount, but one thing for sure you don't mess with the traffic police in Wales, probably one of the hottest in the country for driving crimes.

Nile was in the legends with his mate on Tuesday and watched the game in the Arkles stand.

Anyway here's what they reported if you haven't seen it.

Nile Ranger, former Newcastle United star, appears in court to deny drink driving.

NILE Ranger, who plays for Swindon Town and used to play for Newcastle United, has appeared in court accused of drink-driving at 7am on a busy motorway in South Wales.

The 22-year-old pleaded not guilty to drink-driving.

A court heard striker Ranger was arrested on the busy M4 the morning after playing for his new club Swindon Town.

He appeared in court accused of having 50 microgrammes of alcohol in his breath. The legal limit is 35.

Ranger was wearing a black studded top, jeans and trainers when he appeared at Newport magistratates’ court in South Wales.

He was arrested at 7.15am on February 2 at junction 23 on the M4 near the Magor Services as he drove east towards the Severn Bridge.

A letter from his Newcastle-based solicitors said Ranger was pleading not guilty because he "wouldn't have driven the car over the limit or in the manner stated by police."

The firm said an expert would be called to give evidence about the breath test taken by Gwent Police at the roadside.

Ranger was told he would stand trial in May.

District Judge Richard Williams told him: "You will stand trial in this court and, if found guilty, you could receive a jail sentence and disqualification from driving."

Ranger was released on bail and pulled on a baseball cap as he left the court with a friend.

The court heard Ranger had failed to turn up at Cwmbran magistrates for the first hearing on February 19 because he believed he had to go to Cardiff.

The Crown Prosecution Service confirmed a warrant was issued after Ranger failed to show for the court appearance on February 19.

But the CPS dropped the charge of failing to appear in court yesterday.
Apologies for copying this news article taken from the South Wales Evening Post, but I haven't found anything on the Adver site to update us that Nile goes back to court in May. Not sure 50 ml's could be considered a significant amount, but one thing for sure you don't mess with the traffic police in Wales, probably one of the hottest in the country for driving crimes. Nile was in the legends with his mate on Tuesday and watched the game in the Arkles stand. Anyway here's what they reported if you haven't seen it. Nile Ranger, former Newcastle United star, appears in court to deny drink driving. NILE Ranger, who plays for Swindon Town and used to play for Newcastle United, has appeared in court accused of drink-driving at 7am on a busy motorway in South Wales. The 22-year-old pleaded not guilty to drink-driving. A court heard striker Ranger was arrested on the busy M4 the morning after playing for his new club Swindon Town. He appeared in court accused of having 50 microgrammes of alcohol in his breath. The legal limit is 35. Ranger was wearing a black studded top, jeans and trainers when he appeared at Newport magistratates’ court in South Wales. He was arrested at 7.15am on February 2 at junction 23 on the M4 near the Magor Services as he drove east towards the Severn Bridge. A letter from his Newcastle-based solicitors said Ranger was pleading not guilty because he "wouldn't have driven the car over the limit or in the manner stated by police." The firm said an expert would be called to give evidence about the breath test taken by Gwent Police at the roadside. Ranger was told he would stand trial in May. District Judge Richard Williams told him: "You will stand trial in this court and, if found guilty, you could receive a jail sentence and disqualification from driving." Ranger was released on bail and pulled on a baseball cap as he left the court with a friend. The court heard Ranger had failed to turn up at Cwmbran magistrates for the first hearing on February 19 because he believed he had to go to Cardiff. The Crown Prosecution Service confirmed a warrant was issued after Ranger failed to show for the court appearance on February 19. But the CPS dropped the charge of failing to appear in court yesterday. old town robin
  • Score: 1

9:16am Thu 13 Mar 14

Is that you Lovesey says...

Alex is a quality player who has improved greatly, what I like most about him this season is his desire and passion to get the ball and get stuck in, more of the Town players should lake a look at Pritch and emulate his passion and committment to the club.
Alex is a quality player who has improved greatly, what I like most about him this season is his desire and passion to get the ball and get stuck in, more of the Town players should lake a look at Pritch and emulate his passion and committment to the club. Is that you Lovesey
  • Score: 3

9:52am Thu 13 Mar 14

WirralRed says...

old town robin wrote:
Congrats Alex, pleased you've made so much progress with STFC especially as there has been little experienced players to help you. the other nominees have had it easy playing for top teams i hope that is taken into account.

You. need to improve on the yellow cards though and not back chat these refs, you cannot win with them, most of them are on a mission and they don't take football into account when they want to be the centre of attention.
Spot on Oldtime. Wish you a great future Ladd . certainly a player we will all remember for all the right reasons apart from the yellow cards. you won't do any good arguing with the refs nowadays so save your energies and just let it go. this for the memories...
[quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: Congrats Alex, pleased you've made so much progress with STFC especially as there has been little experienced players to help you. the other nominees have had it easy playing for top teams i hope that is taken into account. You. need to improve on the yellow cards though and not back chat these refs, you cannot win with them, most of them are on a mission and they don't take football into account when they want to be the centre of attention.[/p][/quote]Spot on Oldtime. Wish you a great future Ladd . certainly a player we will all remember for all the right reasons apart from the yellow cards. you won't do any good arguing with the refs nowadays so save your energies and just let it go. this for the memories... WirralRed
  • Score: 0

9:55am Thu 13 Mar 14

WirralRed says...

WirralRed wrote:
old town robin wrote:
Congrats Alex, pleased you've made so much progress with STFC especially as there has been little experienced players to help you. the other nominees have had it easy playing for top teams i hope that is taken into account.

You. need to improve on the yellow cards though and not back chat these refs, you cannot win with them, most of them are on a mission and they don't take football into account when they want to be the centre of attention.
Spot on Oldtime. Wish you a great future Ladd . certainly a player we will all remember for all the right reasons apart from the yellow cards. you won't do any good arguing with the refs nowadays so save your energies and just let it go. this for the memories...
Sorry Old Town... Was thinking of my dad!
[quote][p][bold]WirralRed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: Congrats Alex, pleased you've made so much progress with STFC especially as there has been little experienced players to help you. the other nominees have had it easy playing for top teams i hope that is taken into account. You. need to improve on the yellow cards though and not back chat these refs, you cannot win with them, most of them are on a mission and they don't take football into account when they want to be the centre of attention.[/p][/quote]Spot on Oldtime. Wish you a great future Ladd . certainly a player we will all remember for all the right reasons apart from the yellow cards. you won't do any good arguing with the refs nowadays so save your energies and just let it go. this for the memories...[/p][/quote]Sorry Old Town... Was thinking of my dad! WirralRed
  • Score: 1

11:58am Thu 13 Mar 14

old town robin says...

LeGod wrote:
Congratulations Alex the stand out player for us with your silky skills next stop a championship club wouldnt be surprised if that was Bournemouth as he would fit in with their style of play unless we can pull something out the bag and keep him for another year i think alot could also depend on whether Tim Sherwood stays as Spurs as all the talk of Van Gaal going there to take over seems to be hotting up.
And whispers in the legends Tuesday were if Tim leaves Spurs he could come here
[quote][p][bold]LeGod[/bold] wrote: Congratulations Alex the stand out player for us with your silky skills next stop a championship club wouldnt be surprised if that was Bournemouth as he would fit in with their style of play unless we can pull something out the bag and keep him for another year i think alot could also depend on whether Tim Sherwood stays as Spurs as all the talk of Van Gaal going there to take over seems to be hotting up.[/p][/quote]And whispers in the legends Tuesday were if Tim leaves Spurs he could come here old town robin
  • Score: 0

12:05pm Thu 13 Mar 14

old town robin says...

WirralRed wrote:
WirralRed wrote:
old town robin wrote:
Congrats Alex, pleased you've made so much progress with STFC especially as there has been little experienced players to help you. the other nominees have had it easy playing for top teams i hope that is taken into account.

You. need to improve on the yellow cards though and not back chat these refs, you cannot win with them, most of them are on a mission and they don't take football into account when they want to be the centre of attention.
Spot on Oldtime. Wish you a great future Ladd . certainly a player we will all remember for all the right reasons apart from the yellow cards. you won't do any good arguing with the refs nowadays so save your energies and just let it go. this for the memories...
Sorry Old Town... Was thinking of my dad!
No worries Wirral, I'm probably his age anyways so old timer isn't so much out of place. Been called worse that's for sure..
[quote][p][bold]WirralRed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WirralRed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: Congrats Alex, pleased you've made so much progress with STFC especially as there has been little experienced players to help you. the other nominees have had it easy playing for top teams i hope that is taken into account. You. need to improve on the yellow cards though and not back chat these refs, you cannot win with them, most of them are on a mission and they don't take football into account when they want to be the centre of attention.[/p][/quote]Spot on Oldtime. Wish you a great future Ladd . certainly a player we will all remember for all the right reasons apart from the yellow cards. you won't do any good arguing with the refs nowadays so save your energies and just let it go. this for the memories...[/p][/quote]Sorry Old Town... Was thinking of my dad![/p][/quote]No worries Wirral, I'm probably his age anyways so old timer isn't so much out of place. Been called worse that's for sure.. old town robin
  • Score: 0

12:07pm Thu 13 Mar 14

bolton80 says...

Might well stay .. stop being negative you lot
Might well stay .. stop being negative you lot bolton80
  • Score: -2

12:12pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Red Since 62 says...

old town robin wrote:
Apologies for copying this news article taken from the South Wales Evening Post, but I haven't found anything on the Adver site to update us that Nile goes back to court in May. Not sure 50 ml's could be considered a significant amount, but one thing for sure you don't mess with the traffic police in Wales, probably one of the hottest in the country for driving crimes.

Nile was in the legends with his mate on Tuesday and watched the game in the Arkles stand.

Anyway here's what they reported if you haven't seen it.

Nile Ranger, former Newcastle United star, appears in court to deny drink driving.

NILE Ranger, who plays for Swindon Town and used to play for Newcastle United, has appeared in court accused of drink-driving at 7am on a busy motorway in South Wales.

The 22-year-old pleaded not guilty to drink-driving.

A court heard striker Ranger was arrested on the busy M4 the morning after playing for his new club Swindon Town.

He appeared in court accused of having 50 microgrammes of alcohol in his breath. The legal limit is 35.

Ranger was wearing a black studded top, jeans and trainers when he appeared at Newport magistratates’ court in South Wales.

He was arrested at 7.15am on February 2 at junction 23 on the M4 near the Magor Services as he drove east towards the Severn Bridge.

A letter from his Newcastle-based solicitors said Ranger was pleading not guilty because he "wouldn't have driven the car over the limit or in the manner stated by police."

The firm said an expert would be called to give evidence about the breath test taken by Gwent Police at the roadside.

Ranger was told he would stand trial in May.

District Judge Richard Williams told him: "You will stand trial in this court and, if found guilty, you could receive a jail sentence and disqualification from driving."

Ranger was released on bail and pulled on a baseball cap as he left the court with a friend.

The court heard Ranger had failed to turn up at Cwmbran magistrates for the first hearing on February 19 because he believed he had to go to Cardiff.

The Crown Prosecution Service confirmed a warrant was issued after Ranger failed to show for the court appearance on February 19.

But the CPS dropped the charge of failing to appear in court yesterday.
Either the paper is exaggerating or south wales police are because the M4 is not busy there at 7am on a Sunday morning. As Nile would say it's a joke!
[quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: Apologies for copying this news article taken from the South Wales Evening Post, but I haven't found anything on the Adver site to update us that Nile goes back to court in May. Not sure 50 ml's could be considered a significant amount, but one thing for sure you don't mess with the traffic police in Wales, probably one of the hottest in the country for driving crimes. Nile was in the legends with his mate on Tuesday and watched the game in the Arkles stand. Anyway here's what they reported if you haven't seen it. Nile Ranger, former Newcastle United star, appears in court to deny drink driving. NILE Ranger, who plays for Swindon Town and used to play for Newcastle United, has appeared in court accused of drink-driving at 7am on a busy motorway in South Wales. The 22-year-old pleaded not guilty to drink-driving. A court heard striker Ranger was arrested on the busy M4 the morning after playing for his new club Swindon Town. He appeared in court accused of having 50 microgrammes of alcohol in his breath. The legal limit is 35. Ranger was wearing a black studded top, jeans and trainers when he appeared at Newport magistratates’ court in South Wales. He was arrested at 7.15am on February 2 at junction 23 on the M4 near the Magor Services as he drove east towards the Severn Bridge. A letter from his Newcastle-based solicitors said Ranger was pleading not guilty because he "wouldn't have driven the car over the limit or in the manner stated by police." The firm said an expert would be called to give evidence about the breath test taken by Gwent Police at the roadside. Ranger was told he would stand trial in May. District Judge Richard Williams told him: "You will stand trial in this court and, if found guilty, you could receive a jail sentence and disqualification from driving." Ranger was released on bail and pulled on a baseball cap as he left the court with a friend. The court heard Ranger had failed to turn up at Cwmbran magistrates for the first hearing on February 19 because he believed he had to go to Cardiff. The Crown Prosecution Service confirmed a warrant was issued after Ranger failed to show for the court appearance on February 19. But the CPS dropped the charge of failing to appear in court yesterday.[/p][/quote]Either the paper is exaggerating or south wales police are because the M4 is not busy there at 7am on a Sunday morning. As Nile would say it's a joke! Red Since 62
  • Score: 2

12:47pm Thu 13 Mar 14

LeGod says...

Comparing the gifted goals we seem to give teams every game and the number of headers the opposing teams score against us compared to last season is hard to take when you can see from the stands that whoever we are playing are going to score because of our poor defending.
Last season we had the best defence in L1 conceding only 39 goals all season why i cant understand is why Cooper hasnt studied how we defended and the team worked as unit compared to what we are seeing now.
Virtually every game i can think of whoever we play score a goal from a header in our box from poor marking. With 10 games to go the problem has never been resolved and i m not sure now it ever will.
At the other end of the pitch we are lacking a goal scorer so putting the both things together poor defending and lack of goals you can see our problem.
Having said that the manager should be making this team work to stop leaking the goals and get the team working as a unit to defend better than we currently are because at the moment by saturday we could be in negative goal difference.
I also listended to Dave Hockaday after the game Tuesday night and what he said made alot of sense that we are at the start of a project but even so we should be making it more difficult for teams to score against us.
Bristol City have the leading goal scorer in L1 with 18 goals so im dreading the result saturday. The quicker we can get to 53 points the better but im scratching my head at the moment to see where we are going to get two wins.
The early season promise went up in smoke a few weeks ago and im not sure we used the loan window or january window to strengthen properly as we should have got a couple of experienced players one in midfield and either a striker or centre back to boost the squad.
Im all for developing young english players but you have to have a realisitic mix and when the times are tough its the experienced players that normally rally the troops and keep the youngsters at ease.
I feel we have shot ourselves in the foot big time and the problem is so many fans now are so hacked off with Cooper and the way we are playing i think because of not getting the loan players in and at least trying to get a ply off place i think alot of those fans are now going to wait to see what happen in the summer before renewing season tickets or even coming back.
The only way season tickets will increase is if there is a change of manager and if the whispers that there is a small chance Sherwood could be that person would definetly raise expectations.
I think Cooper has run his course now, i 've said before i was against him from the start but held my hands up when we were playing well and admitted he was doing a good job but teams sussed us out and how to play against us but he hasnt changed his way of playing and we are now easy opposition.
You always need to have a few game plans and he doesnt seem to have that in his locker plus i now think the morale is low as it will effect younger players more than experienced and again if we had brought a couple in we might we talking differently.
Its going to be an interesting summer thats for sure but if Power goes younger next season i feel we will be a Crewe version 2 and a tough season ahead but lets wait and see.
Comparing the gifted goals we seem to give teams every game and the number of headers the opposing teams score against us compared to last season is hard to take when you can see from the stands that whoever we are playing are going to score because of our poor defending. Last season we had the best defence in L1 conceding only 39 goals all season why i cant understand is why Cooper hasnt studied how we defended and the team worked as unit compared to what we are seeing now. Virtually every game i can think of whoever we play score a goal from a header in our box from poor marking. With 10 games to go the problem has never been resolved and i m not sure now it ever will. At the other end of the pitch we are lacking a goal scorer so putting the both things together poor defending and lack of goals you can see our problem. Having said that the manager should be making this team work to stop leaking the goals and get the team working as a unit to defend better than we currently are because at the moment by saturday we could be in negative goal difference. I also listended to Dave Hockaday after the game Tuesday night and what he said made alot of sense that we are at the start of a project but even so we should be making it more difficult for teams to score against us. Bristol City have the leading goal scorer in L1 with 18 goals so im dreading the result saturday. The quicker we can get to 53 points the better but im scratching my head at the moment to see where we are going to get two wins. The early season promise went up in smoke a few weeks ago and im not sure we used the loan window or january window to strengthen properly as we should have got a couple of experienced players one in midfield and either a striker or centre back to boost the squad. Im all for developing young english players but you have to have a realisitic mix and when the times are tough its the experienced players that normally rally the troops and keep the youngsters at ease. I feel we have shot ourselves in the foot big time and the problem is so many fans now are so hacked off with Cooper and the way we are playing i think because of not getting the loan players in and at least trying to get a ply off place i think alot of those fans are now going to wait to see what happen in the summer before renewing season tickets or even coming back. The only way season tickets will increase is if there is a change of manager and if the whispers that there is a small chance Sherwood could be that person would definetly raise expectations. I think Cooper has run his course now, i 've said before i was against him from the start but held my hands up when we were playing well and admitted he was doing a good job but teams sussed us out and how to play against us but he hasnt changed his way of playing and we are now easy opposition. You always need to have a few game plans and he doesnt seem to have that in his locker plus i now think the morale is low as it will effect younger players more than experienced and again if we had brought a couple in we might we talking differently. Its going to be an interesting summer thats for sure but if Power goes younger next season i feel we will be a Crewe version 2 and a tough season ahead but lets wait and see. LeGod
  • Score: 3

1:40pm Thu 13 Mar 14

stanharlands6shirt says...

I agree with most everything said above by Legod particularly the Sherwood link to the managers position if it were available.

The Sherwood/ Ramsey combo was something I hoped for during the last pre-season,but we decided to take a less expensive option, crossed our fingers and sat on our hands.

Well firstly I think Spurs would be mad to get shot of Sherwood/Ramsey, although speculation is that they might. In my opinion it would be unjust if they did part company, but if they did and even if there is a good relationship between Mr Power and Sherwood/Ramsey, I am not convinced that Mr Power would want to afford their salary.....however good their cv.s and potential may be..
Also, currently being in charge of a Premiership outfit, and a good one at that, would they wish, or more importantly even consider dropping down the leagues to undertake a project that has little money to spend on any potential recruitment which they may want and need to bring on board.

I would be excited and love to have them both at SN1, but I feel at this point and indeed for the foreseeable future, it's little more than wishful thinking as we are probably going to be stuck with what we have got for next season as well.

As for being a Crewe mark 2 model...that leaves me totally uninspired.
I agree with most everything said above by Legod particularly the Sherwood link to the managers position if it were available. The Sherwood/ Ramsey combo was something I hoped for during the last pre-season,but we decided to take a less expensive option, crossed our fingers and sat on our hands. Well firstly I think Spurs would be mad to get shot of Sherwood/Ramsey, although speculation is that they might. In my opinion it would be unjust if they did part company, but if they did and even if there is a good relationship between Mr Power and Sherwood/Ramsey, I am not convinced that Mr Power would want to afford their salary.....however good their cv.s and potential may be.. Also, currently being in charge of a Premiership outfit, and a good one at that, would they wish, or more importantly even consider dropping down the leagues to undertake a project that has little money to spend on any potential recruitment which they may want and need to bring on board. I would be excited and love to have them both at SN1, but I feel at this point and indeed for the foreseeable future, it's little more than wishful thinking as we are probably going to be stuck with what we have got for next season as well. As for being a Crewe mark 2 model...that leaves me totally uninspired. stanharlands6shirt
  • Score: 2

1:46pm Thu 13 Mar 14

lifelong red says...

On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me. lifelong red
  • Score: 2

3:18pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Oi Den! says...

lifelong red wrote:
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
And me.
[quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.[/p][/quote]And me. Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

3:30pm Thu 13 Mar 14

smirg kcab says...

Oi Den! wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
And me.
I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue.
The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true.
After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.[/p][/quote]And me.[/p][/quote]I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue. The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true. After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat smirg kcab
  • Score: 1

3:54pm Thu 13 Mar 14

stanharlands6shirt says...

smirg kcab wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
And me.
I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue.
The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true.
After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat
I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result.
If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about.
What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend.
[quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.[/p][/quote]And me.[/p][/quote]I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue. The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true. After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat[/p][/quote]I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result. If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about. What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend. stanharlands6shirt
  • Score: 2

3:58pm Thu 13 Mar 14

lifelong red says...

Smirg I know we have begged to differ before on the subject of mark cooper - but however our opinions may differ , it should always be remembered, that whatever decision he makes whether it be right or wrong , he's doing it for the good of our beloved football team . personally I think he should be given another season at the least to give him a chance to prove what he can do to be fair.
Smirg I know we have begged to differ before on the subject of mark cooper - but however our opinions may differ , it should always be remembered, that whatever decision he makes whether it be right or wrong , he's doing it for the good of our beloved football team . personally I think he should be given another season at the least to give him a chance to prove what he can do to be fair. lifelong red
  • Score: -3

4:38pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Bassett Hound says...

lifelong red wrote:
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
How do you know this is fact lifelong red ? Many posters on here have decided that it is fact but that does not make it true.

Power has said he wants the team to play a curtain way and why shouldn't he it's his club and he finances it. The problem I see is MC has no history of playing this way and is out of his depth.

I agree with most of the other managers in this league. If you listen to their interviews they acknowledge we have a strong squad.the problem is MC cannot get the best out of them.

MC was appointed before Lee Power took control so possibly did not have a big say in McDonalds replacement.

Power must have a manager who believes in the system and can get the best out of the players both technically and just as importantly mentally. I do not think MC can cope with this now that the opposition know how we play.
[quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.[/p][/quote]How do you know this is fact lifelong red ? Many posters on here have decided that it is fact but that does not make it true. Power has said he wants the team to play a curtain way and why shouldn't he it's his club and he finances it. The problem I see is MC has no history of playing this way and is out of his depth. I agree with most of the other managers in this league. If you listen to their interviews they acknowledge we have a strong squad.the problem is MC cannot get the best out of them. MC was appointed before Lee Power took control so possibly did not have a big say in McDonalds replacement. Power must have a manager who believes in the system and can get the best out of the players both technically and just as importantly mentally. I do not think MC can cope with this now that the opposition know how we play. Bassett Hound
  • Score: 2

5:31pm Thu 13 Mar 14

lifelong red says...

Bassett Hound wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
How do you know this is fact lifelong red ? Many posters on here have decided that it is fact but that does not make it true.

Power has said he wants the team to play a curtain way and why shouldn't he it's his club and he finances it. The problem I see is MC has no history of playing this way and is out of his depth.

I agree with most of the other managers in this league. If you listen to their interviews they acknowledge we have a strong squad.the problem is MC cannot get the best out of them.

MC was appointed before Lee Power took control so possibly did not have a big say in McDonalds replacement.

Power must have a manager who believes in the system and can get the best out of the players both technically and just as importantly mentally. I do not think MC can cope with this now that the opposition know how we play.
so if M.C. was appointed before power took control ,why did he not replace then or why has he not sacked him since if he thinks he's not the right man for the job.- he obviously must have some faith in him - otherwise he would have been gone by now surely . On the subject of who picks the players and how the team plays- I have it from people I know who have contacts with sources close to the club that power does in fact choose what players come in and on the type of football they play. I thought it was common knowledge anyway - if its not I will hold my hands up.
[quote][p][bold]Bassett Hound[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.[/p][/quote]How do you know this is fact lifelong red ? Many posters on here have decided that it is fact but that does not make it true. Power has said he wants the team to play a curtain way and why shouldn't he it's his club and he finances it. The problem I see is MC has no history of playing this way and is out of his depth. I agree with most of the other managers in this league. If you listen to their interviews they acknowledge we have a strong squad.the problem is MC cannot get the best out of them. MC was appointed before Lee Power took control so possibly did not have a big say in McDonalds replacement. Power must have a manager who believes in the system and can get the best out of the players both technically and just as importantly mentally. I do not think MC can cope with this now that the opposition know how we play.[/p][/quote]so if M.C. was appointed before power took control ,why did he not replace then or why has he not sacked him since if he thinks he's not the right man for the job.- he obviously must have some faith in him - otherwise he would have been gone by now surely . On the subject of who picks the players and how the team plays- I have it from people I know who have contacts with sources close to the club that power does in fact choose what players come in and on the type of football they play. I thought it was common knowledge anyway - if its not I will hold my hands up. lifelong red
  • Score: 0

5:52pm Thu 13 Mar 14

smirg kcab says...

stanharlands6shirt wrote:
smirg kcab wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
And me.
I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue.
The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true.
After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat
I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result.
If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about.
What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend.
Agree hope it's not a hammering( but you know me lol)
I'm struggling to find a game to find a win.
Still looking forward to Saturday and hope I'm wrong.
Shame all our good work finished the Minuit ranger went off against posh,
[quote][p][bold]stanharlands6shirt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.[/p][/quote]And me.[/p][/quote]I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue. The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true. After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat[/p][/quote]I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result. If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about. What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend.[/p][/quote]Agree hope it's not a hammering( but you know me lol) I'm struggling to find a game to find a win. Still looking forward to Saturday and hope I'm wrong. Shame all our good work finished the Minuit ranger went off against posh, smirg kcab
  • Score: 0

5:58pm Thu 13 Mar 14

MARK TITCOMBE says...

Well done Alex. You thoroughly deserve it. At least we have been treated to your skills this year.
Well done Alex. You thoroughly deserve it. At least we have been treated to your skills this year. MARK TITCOMBE
  • Score: 0

5:59pm Thu 13 Mar 14

NEWBURYREDS says...

just had a text saying Jack Stevens from Southampton will sign on loan, not sure how true
just had a text saying Jack Stevens from Southampton will sign on loan, not sure how true NEWBURYREDS
  • Score: 0

6:23pm Thu 13 Mar 14

oncearedalwaysared says...

Anyone thinking Tim Sherwood will end up here as Manager is as deluded as Cooper who seems to think we were outstanding in the second half on Tuesday night!

STFC does not have the budget for a Tim Sherwood type appointment so whether we like it or not our options are always going to be the cheap ones. I'm not saying it is necessarily a bad thing, I actually agree wholeheartedly with the 'sustainable' model, but we will either still have Cooper or we'll be looking at a rookie Manager to replace him.

It's worked many times before, so I for one would be prepared to give it my support.
Anyone thinking Tim Sherwood will end up here as Manager is as deluded as Cooper who seems to think we were outstanding in the second half on Tuesday night! STFC does not have the budget for a Tim Sherwood type appointment so whether we like it or not our options are always going to be the cheap ones. I'm not saying it is necessarily a bad thing, I actually agree wholeheartedly with the 'sustainable' model, but we will either still have Cooper or we'll be looking at a rookie Manager to replace him. It's worked many times before, so I for one would be prepared to give it my support. oncearedalwaysared
  • Score: 0

6:28pm Thu 13 Mar 14

lifelong red says...

Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.
Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words. lifelong red
  • Score: 0

6:31pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Oi Den! says...

smirg kcab wrote:
stanharlands6shirt wrote:
smirg kcab wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
And me.
I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue.
The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true.
After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat
I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result.
If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about.
What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend.
Agree hope it's not a hammering( but you know me lol)
I'm struggling to find a game to find a win.
Still looking forward to Saturday and hope I'm wrong.
Shame all our good work finished the Minuit ranger went off against posh,
Grim, the snag is Power and Spurs insist on a passing game regardless of the consequences. This gives Cooper a real problem because the players are not strong enough or fast enough to play an open attacking game without getting caught out. So every game becomes a damage limitation exercise. There's too much emphasis on the manager and not enough on his weak squad. Every team above us in the table has players better equipped for the job than we do. So we are hardly in a false position. With the pool Cooper has to choose from I just don't see how anyone could do better than he has, whatever tactics he chooses or whatever substitutions he makes.

Some of the defeats have been disgraceful but I think they are mostly down to the players simply being too weak or not caring enough - because they have only a short term interest here. I think we agreed it was men against boys on Tuesday. What is Cooper supposed to be able to do about that? Wave a magic wand and turn the boys into men?

I'm not saying Cooper's a good manager. I'm saying I don't think he's had the chance to prove it one way or the other. That's why I still support him.
[quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stanharlands6shirt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.[/p][/quote]And me.[/p][/quote]I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue. The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true. After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat[/p][/quote]I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result. If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about. What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend.[/p][/quote]Agree hope it's not a hammering( but you know me lol) I'm struggling to find a game to find a win. Still looking forward to Saturday and hope I'm wrong. Shame all our good work finished the Minuit ranger went off against posh,[/p][/quote]Grim, the snag is Power and Spurs insist on a passing game regardless of the consequences. This gives Cooper a real problem because the players are not strong enough or fast enough to play an open attacking game without getting caught out. So every game becomes a damage limitation exercise. There's too much emphasis on the manager and not enough on his weak squad. Every team above us in the table has players better equipped for the job than we do. So we are hardly in a false position. With the pool Cooper has to choose from I just don't see how anyone could do better than he has, whatever tactics he chooses or whatever substitutions he makes. Some of the defeats have been disgraceful but I think they are mostly down to the players simply being too weak or not caring enough - because they have only a short term interest here. I think we agreed it was men against boys on Tuesday. What is Cooper supposed to be able to do about that? Wave a magic wand and turn the boys into men? I'm not saying Cooper's a good manager. I'm saying I don't think he's had the chance to prove it one way or the other. That's why I still support him. Oi Den!
  • Score: -1

7:14pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Bassett Hound says...

lifelong red wrote:
Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.
What he said lifelong was that a list of targets are drawn up, he talks it through with MC and then attempts to acquire one or two,depending of course if a deal can be done,and he was happy with that arrangement.

I just cannot see how MC would have no say in things.

As regards to having MC responsible for recruiting. He has virtually no experience in the football leagues 1 & 2 I can't imagine he would have the knowledge or contacts to get decent players. Lee Powers knowledge and contacts on the other hand have got us some good players. The problem is he seems not to get the best out of them. He has got 10 games left this season,time will tell .i genuinely wish him well
[quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.[/p][/quote]What he said lifelong was that a list of targets are drawn up, he talks it through with MC and then attempts to acquire one or two,depending of course if a deal can be done,and he was happy with that arrangement. I just cannot see how MC would have no say in things. As regards to having MC responsible for recruiting. He has virtually no experience in the football leagues 1 & 2 I can't imagine he would have the knowledge or contacts to get decent players. Lee Powers knowledge and contacts on the other hand have got us some good players. The problem is he seems not to get the best out of them. He has got 10 games left this season,time will tell .i genuinely wish him well Bassett Hound
  • Score: 0

7:17pm Thu 13 Mar 14

smirg kcab says...

Oi Den! wrote:
smirg kcab wrote:
stanharlands6shirt wrote:
smirg kcab wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
And me.
I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue.
The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true.
After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat
I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result.
If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about.
What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend.
Agree hope it's not a hammering( but you know me lol)
I'm struggling to find a game to find a win.
Still looking forward to Saturday and hope I'm wrong.
Shame all our good work finished the Minuit ranger went off against posh,
Grim, the snag is Power and Spurs insist on a passing game regardless of the consequences. This gives Cooper a real problem because the players are not strong enough or fast enough to play an open attacking game without getting caught out. So every game becomes a damage limitation exercise. There's too much emphasis on the manager and not enough on his weak squad. Every team above us in the table has players better equipped for the job than we do. So we are hardly in a false position. With the pool Cooper has to choose from I just don't see how anyone could do better than he has, whatever tactics he chooses or whatever substitutions he makes.

Some of the defeats have been disgraceful but I think they are mostly down to the players simply being too weak or not caring enough - because they have only a short term interest here. I think we agreed it was men against boys on Tuesday. What is Cooper supposed to be able to do about that? Wave a magic wand and turn the boys into men?

I'm not saying Cooper's a good manager. I'm saying I don't think he's had the chance to prove it one way or the other. That's why I still support him.
Points valid den if that's your opinion, agree his hands are tied, but I don't believe power tells him which tactics to use. I seen a different manager at the away game at Sheffield, when the town fans turned on him then playing 4-6-0 and took the piiss out of him, only a lucky comeback against vale prolonged his stay, ranger saved his job IMO. As I said power is furious chucking the game away losing £thousands.
I have had a text stating someone from the club is meeting a certain manager on the Severn bridge Sunday in the name of Paul buckle,
Don't know why the Severn bridge services perhaps they are going to jump off. Buckle next manager to be axed
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stanharlands6shirt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.[/p][/quote]And me.[/p][/quote]I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue. The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true. After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat[/p][/quote]I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result. If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about. What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend.[/p][/quote]Agree hope it's not a hammering( but you know me lol) I'm struggling to find a game to find a win. Still looking forward to Saturday and hope I'm wrong. Shame all our good work finished the Minuit ranger went off against posh,[/p][/quote]Grim, the snag is Power and Spurs insist on a passing game regardless of the consequences. This gives Cooper a real problem because the players are not strong enough or fast enough to play an open attacking game without getting caught out. So every game becomes a damage limitation exercise. There's too much emphasis on the manager and not enough on his weak squad. Every team above us in the table has players better equipped for the job than we do. So we are hardly in a false position. With the pool Cooper has to choose from I just don't see how anyone could do better than he has, whatever tactics he chooses or whatever substitutions he makes. Some of the defeats have been disgraceful but I think they are mostly down to the players simply being too weak or not caring enough - because they have only a short term interest here. I think we agreed it was men against boys on Tuesday. What is Cooper supposed to be able to do about that? Wave a magic wand and turn the boys into men? I'm not saying Cooper's a good manager. I'm saying I don't think he's had the chance to prove it one way or the other. That's why I still support him.[/p][/quote]Points valid den if that's your opinion, agree his hands are tied, but I don't believe power tells him which tactics to use. I seen a different manager at the away game at Sheffield, when the town fans turned on him then playing 4-6-0 and took the piiss out of him, only a lucky comeback against vale prolonged his stay, ranger saved his job IMO. As I said power is furious chucking the game away losing £thousands. I have had a text stating someone from the club is meeting a certain manager on the Severn bridge Sunday in the name of Paul buckle, Don't know why the Severn bridge services perhaps they are going to jump off. Buckle next manager to be axed smirg kcab
  • Score: 0

7:19pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Oi Den! says...

lifelong red wrote:
Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.
I believe he did say that. He also said we have to play a certain way and that Spurs wouldn't have lent us their players if we didn't play that way. Cooper all but admitted he has no choice but to play those players, otherwise Spurs will call them back. It's all arse about face. We should be building a team of our own and making decisions of our own.
[quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.[/p][/quote]I believe he did say that. He also said we have to play a certain way and that Spurs wouldn't have lent us their players if we didn't play that way. Cooper all but admitted he has no choice but to play those players, otherwise Spurs will call them back. It's all arse about face. We should be building a team of our own and making decisions of our own. Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

7:25pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Oi Den! says...

Bassett Hound wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.
What he said lifelong was that a list of targets are drawn up, he talks it through with MC and then attempts to acquire one or two,depending of course if a deal can be done,and he was happy with that arrangement.

I just cannot see how MC would have no say in things.

As regards to having MC responsible for recruiting. He has virtually no experience in the football leagues 1 & 2 I can't imagine he would have the knowledge or contacts to get decent players. Lee Powers knowledge and contacts on the other hand have got us some good players. The problem is he seems not to get the best out of them. He has got 10 games left this season,time will tell .i genuinely wish him well
Bassett, I'd say Power's contacts and knowledge have brought us too many players of the same type. You can get away with one or two luxury players at this level but not 5 or 6 of them.
[quote][p][bold]Bassett Hound[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.[/p][/quote]What he said lifelong was that a list of targets are drawn up, he talks it through with MC and then attempts to acquire one or two,depending of course if a deal can be done,and he was happy with that arrangement. I just cannot see how MC would have no say in things. As regards to having MC responsible for recruiting. He has virtually no experience in the football leagues 1 & 2 I can't imagine he would have the knowledge or contacts to get decent players. Lee Powers knowledge and contacts on the other hand have got us some good players. The problem is he seems not to get the best out of them. He has got 10 games left this season,time will tell .i genuinely wish him well[/p][/quote]Bassett, I'd say Power's contacts and knowledge have brought us too many players of the same type. You can get away with one or two luxury players at this level but not 5 or 6 of them. Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

7:29pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Bassett Hound says...

Oi Den! wrote:
smirg kcab wrote:
stanharlands6shirt wrote:
smirg kcab wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.
And me.
I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue.
The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true.
After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat
I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result.
If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about.
What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend.
Agree hope it's not a hammering( but you know me lol)
I'm struggling to find a game to find a win.
Still looking forward to Saturday and hope I'm wrong.
Shame all our good work finished the Minuit ranger went off against posh,
Grim, the snag is Power and Spurs insist on a passing game regardless of the consequences. This gives Cooper a real problem because the players are not strong enough or fast enough to play an open attacking game without getting caught out. So every game becomes a damage limitation exercise. There's too much emphasis on the manager and not enough on his weak squad. Every team above us in the table has players better equipped for the job than we do. So we are hardly in a false position. With the pool Cooper has to choose from I just don't see how anyone could do better than he has, whatever tactics he chooses or whatever substitutions he makes.

Some of the defeats have been disgraceful but I think they are mostly down to the players simply being too weak or not caring enough - because they have only a short term interest here. I think we agreed it was men against boys on Tuesday. What is Cooper supposed to be able to do about that? Wave a magic wand and turn the boys into men?

I'm not saying Cooper's a good manager. I'm saying I don't think he's had the chance to prove it one way or the other. That's why I still support him.
Who are you referring to when you say the players are not trying because they only have short term interest ?

We have 1 loan player in our starting line up at the moment and he is our best player.

I would imagine that 80% of Wolves games this year are men against boys.
I really hope MC comes through but I think in the skill of getting the best out of players he is struggling.
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stanharlands6shirt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: On the subject of whether cooper is the right man for the job or not - the problem I have is how can power sack him when things aren't going well , when its him who picks the players and the way the team plays- this has always been a major issue for me.[/p][/quote]And me.[/p][/quote]I'm sure power didn't tell them to play so negative after h/t in the jpt, and told him to make the subs he did. I hear power is fuming we was dumped out in the manner we did costing the club £thousands in lost revenue. The buck lies with one person, a manager who's out of his depth, shame but true. After Saturday I think he will be history after another heavy defeat[/p][/quote]I understand where your coming from Grim, but I hope your wrong re-Saturdays result. If ever there was a game in our season to play-up, then after recent results and disappointments, this is it. A good away following and supporters everywhere needing something to feel good about. What comes after we have to wait and see, but god lets hope they put up a good fight this weekend.[/p][/quote]Agree hope it's not a hammering( but you know me lol) I'm struggling to find a game to find a win. Still looking forward to Saturday and hope I'm wrong. Shame all our good work finished the Minuit ranger went off against posh,[/p][/quote]Grim, the snag is Power and Spurs insist on a passing game regardless of the consequences. This gives Cooper a real problem because the players are not strong enough or fast enough to play an open attacking game without getting caught out. So every game becomes a damage limitation exercise. There's too much emphasis on the manager and not enough on his weak squad. Every team above us in the table has players better equipped for the job than we do. So we are hardly in a false position. With the pool Cooper has to choose from I just don't see how anyone could do better than he has, whatever tactics he chooses or whatever substitutions he makes. Some of the defeats have been disgraceful but I think they are mostly down to the players simply being too weak or not caring enough - because they have only a short term interest here. I think we agreed it was men against boys on Tuesday. What is Cooper supposed to be able to do about that? Wave a magic wand and turn the boys into men? I'm not saying Cooper's a good manager. I'm saying I don't think he's had the chance to prove it one way or the other. That's why I still support him.[/p][/quote]Who are you referring to when you say the players are not trying because they only have short term interest ? We have 1 loan player in our starting line up at the moment and he is our best player. I would imagine that 80% of Wolves games this year are men against boys. I really hope MC comes through but I think in the skill of getting the best out of players he is struggling. Bassett Hound
  • Score: 0

7:58pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Oi Den! says...

I didn't go as far as to say "not trying". But they are often not competing. Surely that has to be because they are either not up to it or, for one reason or another, they don't care enough? We may have only one loan player in the line-up but IMO we have others who will not be sticking around much longer. On Tuesday only McEveley looked like he was 100% up for the battle.
I didn't go as far as to say "not trying". But they are often not competing. Surely that has to be because they are either not up to it or, for one reason or another, they don't care enough? We may have only one loan player in the line-up but IMO we have others who will not be sticking around much longer. On Tuesday only McEveley looked like he was 100% up for the battle. Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

8:42pm Thu 13 Mar 14

smirg kcab says...

Oi Den! wrote:
I didn't go as far as to say "not trying". But they are often not competing. Surely that has to be because they are either not up to it or, for one reason or another, they don't care enough? We may have only one loan player in the line-up but IMO we have others who will not be sticking around much longer. On Tuesday only McEveley looked like he was 100% up for the battle.
I think your find den they were all for it but as you stated they are not good enough for the way power/cooper or who ever wants them to play. I wasn't a great lover of ajose but we certainly miss him for his movement and goals.
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: I didn't go as far as to say "not trying". But they are often not competing. Surely that has to be because they are either not up to it or, for one reason or another, they don't care enough? We may have only one loan player in the line-up but IMO we have others who will not be sticking around much longer. On Tuesday only McEveley looked like he was 100% up for the battle.[/p][/quote]I think your find den they were all for it but as you stated they are not good enough for the way power/cooper or who ever wants them to play. I wasn't a great lover of ajose but we certainly miss him for his movement and goals. smirg kcab
  • Score: 0

8:43pm Thu 13 Mar 14

lifelong red says...

Bassett Hound wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.
What he said lifelong was that a list of targets are drawn up, he talks it through with MC and then attempts to acquire one or two,depending of course if a deal can be done,and he was happy with that arrangement.

I just cannot see how MC would have no say in things.

As regards to having MC responsible for recruiting. He has virtually no experience in the football leagues 1 & 2 I can't imagine he would have the knowledge or contacts to get decent players. Lee Powers knowledge and contacts on the other hand have got us some good players. The problem is he seems not to get the best out of them. He has got 10 games left this season,time will tell .i genuinely wish him well
Basset hound , you say cooper struggles to get the best out of the players - could this not also be attributed to fact that we have absolutely no guidance or leadership on the pitch whatsoever - a vital ingredient when bringing young players through and one i'm hoping is addressed in the close season .
[quote][p][bold]Bassett Hound[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.[/p][/quote]What he said lifelong was that a list of targets are drawn up, he talks it through with MC and then attempts to acquire one or two,depending of course if a deal can be done,and he was happy with that arrangement. I just cannot see how MC would have no say in things. As regards to having MC responsible for recruiting. He has virtually no experience in the football leagues 1 & 2 I can't imagine he would have the knowledge or contacts to get decent players. Lee Powers knowledge and contacts on the other hand have got us some good players. The problem is he seems not to get the best out of them. He has got 10 games left this season,time will tell .i genuinely wish him well[/p][/quote]Basset hound , you say cooper struggles to get the best out of the players - could this not also be attributed to fact that we have absolutely no guidance or leadership on the pitch whatsoever - a vital ingredient when bringing young players through and one i'm hoping is addressed in the close season . lifelong red
  • Score: 0

9:27pm Thu 13 Mar 14

Bassett Hound says...

lifelong red wrote:
Bassett Hound wrote:
lifelong red wrote:
Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.
What he said lifelong was that a list of targets are drawn up, he talks it through with MC and then attempts to acquire one or two,depending of course if a deal can be done,and he was happy with that arrangement.

I just cannot see how MC would have no say in things.

As regards to having MC responsible for recruiting. He has virtually no experience in the football leagues 1 & 2 I can't imagine he would have the knowledge or contacts to get decent players. Lee Powers knowledge and contacts on the other hand have got us some good players. The problem is he seems not to get the best out of them. He has got 10 games left this season,time will tell .i genuinely wish him well
Basset hound , you say cooper struggles to get the best out of the players - could this not also be attributed to fact that we have absolutely no guidance or leadership on the pitch whatsoever - a vital ingredient when bringing young players through and one i'm hoping is addressed in the close season .
Yes lifelong I agree we don't have any leaders on the pitch. Ward is not captain material,he is a loner,also we have been unlucky with injuries. I also think we will have some interesting player changes in the summer.
[quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bassett Hound[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: Basset hound back to the subject of who picks the players etc - did power not state this as fact on a fans phone in on local radio some time back , and that cooper was happy with this arrangement as it took weight off his shoulders - this in powers own words.[/p][/quote]What he said lifelong was that a list of targets are drawn up, he talks it through with MC and then attempts to acquire one or two,depending of course if a deal can be done,and he was happy with that arrangement. I just cannot see how MC would have no say in things. As regards to having MC responsible for recruiting. He has virtually no experience in the football leagues 1 & 2 I can't imagine he would have the knowledge or contacts to get decent players. Lee Powers knowledge and contacts on the other hand have got us some good players. The problem is he seems not to get the best out of them. He has got 10 games left this season,time will tell .i genuinely wish him well[/p][/quote]Basset hound , you say cooper struggles to get the best out of the players - could this not also be attributed to fact that we have absolutely no guidance or leadership on the pitch whatsoever - a vital ingredient when bringing young players through and one i'm hoping is addressed in the close season .[/p][/quote]Yes lifelong I agree we don't have any leaders on the pitch. Ward is not captain material,he is a loner,also we have been unlucky with injuries. I also think we will have some interesting player changes in the summer. Bassett Hound
  • Score: 0

10:17pm Thu 13 Mar 14

dazzastfc says...

lifelong red wrote:
Smirg I know we have begged to differ before on the subject of mark cooper - but however our opinions may differ , it should always be remembered, that whatever decision he makes whether it be right or wrong , he's doing it for the good of our beloved football team . personally I think he should be given another season at the least to give him a chance to prove what he can do to be fair.
Everywhere he has been he has proven 1 thing...
HE IS NOT FOOTBALL LEAGUE MANAGER...
The players have proven how they can play and what they can do time and time again...
WHAT THE PLUCK HAS HAPPENED IN THE LAST 14 GAMES...

IF cooper is still here next season that will prove to me that Power has no interest in STFC and no ambition..

Next seasons season tickets are going up and the budget is going to be smaller..
I no what thats saying to me..???
[quote][p][bold]lifelong red[/bold] wrote: Smirg I know we have begged to differ before on the subject of mark cooper - but however our opinions may differ , it should always be remembered, that whatever decision he makes whether it be right or wrong , he's doing it for the good of our beloved football team . personally I think he should be given another season at the least to give him a chance to prove what he can do to be fair.[/p][/quote]Everywhere he has been he has proven 1 thing... HE IS NOT FOOTBALL LEAGUE MANAGER... The players have proven how they can play and what they can do time and time again... WHAT THE PLUCK HAS HAPPENED IN THE LAST 14 GAMES... IF cooper is still here next season that will prove to me that Power has no interest in STFC and no ambition.. Next seasons season tickets are going up and the budget is going to be smaller.. I no what thats saying to me..??? dazzastfc
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree