Swindon AdvertiserBid to replace pub with 11 new homes (From Swindon Advertiser)

Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us

Bid to replace pub with 11 new homes

Swindon Advertiser: Toni Harper with her son William. Toni is concerned about the development of Wroughton’s Three Tuns pub Toni Harper with her son William. Toni is concerned about the development of Wroughton’s Three Tuns pub

A DERELICT eyesore in the centre of Wroughton could soon be demolished and replaced with houses.

A planning application has been submitted to Swindon Council for permission to knock down the Three Tuns, an Arkells Brewery-owned pub, which has been boarded up for two years. If given the go ahead, the site at the junction of Moormead Road and Devizes Road, could see 11 homes built, along with 22 car parking spaces.

In a design and access statement submitted alongside the application, it states that the applicant, Barry Russell, had considered the possibility of retaining the building and converting to residential use, but due to its internal configuration, the building was not deemed suitable. A spokesperson for the application said: “The existing building has not been in use as a public house for two years and there is no realistic current demand for an alternative commercial use of the building.

“The demolition and the re-use of the site will assist the council in achieving a five year supply of deliverable housing land.

“The application scheme is well designed and appropriate for the site. Its implementation will secure significant improvements to the appearance of the site in general and will enhance the vitality of the area.”

Several residents have expressed their concerns about planned access to the site, which they say will further contribute to congestion.

Resident Toni Harper said: “The plans look good in theory but it is going to cause chaos while building is done, plus I find it dangerous enough trying to cross the road without there being another turning.

“Also it will be a nightmare for people trying to turn in from the roundabout at rush hour.”

John Gregory, who lives in Moormead Road, said: “It’s 11 houses – 22 cars – so probably no more traffic than when The Three Tuns was in its heyday.

“I don’t think it looks too bad – certainly better than The Three Tuns does currently.”

To view the proposals visit www.swindon.gov.uk.

Comments (50)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:08pm Fri 9 Nov 12

RichardR1 says...

Think themselves lucky, the other usage was aTesco, with thousands of cars a day.
Think themselves lucky, the other usage was aTesco, with thousands of cars a day. RichardR1
  • Score: 0

7:44pm Fri 9 Nov 12

1 2 Could B says...

RichardR1 wrote:
Think themselves lucky, the other usage was aTesco, with thousands of cars a day.
Why do you constantly pretend to know about everything?

Typical lack of logic from BnobFm.

An area the size of 11 homes and 22 parking spaces would not see a permanent use of thousands of cars per day.

Makes you look nearly as daft as the time you pretended to be an aviation expert and lost customers as a direct result
[quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: Think themselves lucky, the other usage was aTesco, with thousands of cars a day.[/p][/quote]Why do you constantly pretend to know about everything? Typical lack of logic from BnobFm. An area the size of 11 homes and 22 parking spaces would not see a permanent use of thousands of cars per day. Makes you look nearly as daft as the time you pretended to be an aviation expert and lost customers as a direct result 1 2 Could B
  • Score: 0

7:48pm Fri 9 Nov 12

Mushymushy says...

1 2 Could B wrote:
RichardR1 wrote:
Think themselves lucky, the other usage was aTesco, with thousands of cars a day.
Why do you constantly pretend to know about everything?

Typical lack of logic from BnobFm.

An area the size of 11 homes and 22 parking spaces would not see a permanent use of thousands of cars per day.

Makes you look nearly as daft as the time you pretended to be an aviation expert and lost customers as a direct result
You need to read the previous quote,your quote actually makes you the daft one.
[quote][p][bold]1 2 Could B[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: Think themselves lucky, the other usage was aTesco, with thousands of cars a day.[/p][/quote]Why do you constantly pretend to know about everything? Typical lack of logic from BnobFm. An area the size of 11 homes and 22 parking spaces would not see a permanent use of thousands of cars per day. Makes you look nearly as daft as the time you pretended to be an aviation expert and lost customers as a direct result[/p][/quote]You need to read the previous quote,your quote actually makes you the daft one. Mushymushy
  • Score: 0

8:39am Sat 10 Nov 12

villageoldman says...

SBC will not be happy till all this area is completely gridlocked.
SBC will not be happy till all this area is completely gridlocked. villageoldman
  • Score: 0

8:48am Sat 10 Nov 12

I 2 Could B says...

Mushymushy wrote:
1 2 Could B wrote:
RichardR1 wrote: Think themselves lucky, the other usage was aTesco, with thousands of cars a day.
Why do you constantly pretend to know about everything? Typical lack of logic from BnobFm. An area the size of 11 homes and 22 parking spaces would not see a permanent use of thousands of cars per day. Makes you look nearly as daft as the time you pretended to be an aviation expert and lost customers as a direct result
You need to read the previous quote,your quote actually makes you the daft one.
Well said.
[quote][p][bold]Mushymushy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]1 2 Could B[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: Think themselves lucky, the other usage was aTesco, with thousands of cars a day.[/p][/quote]Why do you constantly pretend to know about everything? Typical lack of logic from BnobFm. An area the size of 11 homes and 22 parking spaces would not see a permanent use of thousands of cars per day. Makes you look nearly as daft as the time you pretended to be an aviation expert and lost customers as a direct result[/p][/quote]You need to read the previous quote,your quote actually makes you the daft one.[/p][/quote]Well said. I 2 Could B
  • Score: 0

9:18am Sat 10 Nov 12

Billy Jo says...

When this Arkells pub closed all that time ago I stated on these pages that the owners would hold off for a while,wait for a more profitable time,then either sell the land or develop more housing.
A certain "Bobfm" ridiculed my prediction and told me,in his usual rude and arrogant tone, that I was talking rubbish and that the closure of this profitable pub was temporary. This was followed by his usual brand of abuse. Inside knowledge wasn't it ?
Whilst on topic.... Didn't Tesco's recently open a branch in the Ellendune Centre ? So why would they want another so local?
I'm not sure if "buffoonary" is a word but maybe it should be.
When this Arkells pub closed all that time ago I stated on these pages that the owners would hold off for a while,wait for a more profitable time,then either sell the land or develop more housing. A certain "Bobfm" ridiculed my prediction and told me,in his usual rude and arrogant tone, that I was talking rubbish and that the closure of this profitable pub was temporary. This was followed by his usual brand of abuse. Inside knowledge wasn't it ? Whilst on topic.... Didn't Tesco's recently open a branch in the Ellendune Centre ? So why would they want another so local? I'm not sure if "buffoonary" is a word but maybe it should be. Billy Jo
  • Score: 0

9:20am Sat 10 Nov 12

Empty Car Park says...

I agree with I 2 Could B
There is nothing about Tescos in the article and Robbo does pretend to know everything about everything
I agree with I 2 Could B There is nothing about Tescos in the article and Robbo does pretend to know everything about everything Empty Car Park
  • Score: 0

11:41am Sat 10 Nov 12

I 2 Could B says...

Empty Car Park wrote:
I agree with I 2 Could B There is nothing about Tescos in the article and Robbo does pretend to know everything about everything
Hardly surprising that you agree, given that you're the same person using two of your numerous different logins.
[quote][p][bold]Empty Car Park[/bold] wrote: I agree with I 2 Could B There is nothing about Tescos in the article and Robbo does pretend to know everything about everything[/p][/quote]Hardly surprising that you agree, given that you're the same person using two of your numerous different logins. I 2 Could B
  • Score: 0

3:35pm Sat 10 Nov 12

RichardR1 says...

Tesco wanted to buy the land as they had already bought the Suzuki site. How do I know this, a friend is the Architect for this project.

As always the trolls know nothing.
Tesco wanted to buy the land as they had already bought the Suzuki site. How do I know this, a friend is the Architect for this project. As always the trolls know nothing. RichardR1
  • Score: 0

6:46pm Sat 10 Nov 12

daws says...

Yep ya right Tesco did wan it, fAct! Arkells still own the land and will soon own 11 houses, fair play!
Yep ya right Tesco did wan it, fAct! Arkells still own the land and will soon own 11 houses, fair play! daws
  • Score: 0

7:02pm Sat 10 Nov 12

Blackmalkin says...

Arkells seem to be selling a fair few pubs here and there. Mind you, who can afford to go to the pub nowadays? At £4 a pint, not me.
Arkells seem to be selling a fair few pubs here and there. Mind you, who can afford to go to the pub nowadays? At £4 a pint, not me. Blackmalkin
  • Score: 0

10:39pm Sat 10 Nov 12

Billy Jo says...

RichardR1 wrote:
Tesco wanted to buy the land as they had already bought the Suzuki site. How do I know this, a friend is the Architect for this project.

As always the trolls know nothing.
And neither do the so called "well informed" by the looks of things.
If only Bob FM was around to apologise for his total arrogance and semi-abusive rantings when this subject was initially raised?
[quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: Tesco wanted to buy the land as they had already bought the Suzuki site. How do I know this, a friend is the Architect for this project. As always the trolls know nothing.[/p][/quote]And neither do the so called "well informed" by the looks of things. If only Bob FM was around to apologise for his total arrogance and semi-abusive rantings when this subject was initially raised? Billy Jo
  • Score: 0

10:49pm Sat 10 Nov 12

Empty Car Park says...

I met about 20 contractors yesterday and bizzarely Robfm was mentioned.

Small world isn't it?
I met about 20 contractors yesterday and bizzarely Robfm was mentioned. Small world isn't it? Empty Car Park
  • Score: 0

10:58am Sun 11 Nov 12

RichardR1 says...

And mention of the man who has now left the town is relevant because?

Such obsession.
And mention of the man who has now left the town is relevant because? Such obsession. RichardR1
  • Score: 0

3:24pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Davey Gravey says...

RichardR1 wrote:
And mention of the man who has now left the town is relevant because?

Such obsession.
Who you trying to kid? Your identity is clear to all. Now spread your warped views on the Pompey local rags pages.Leave this site
[quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: And mention of the man who has now left the town is relevant because? Such obsession.[/p][/quote]Who you trying to kid? Your identity is clear to all. Now spread your warped views on the Pompey local rags pages.Leave this site Davey Gravey
  • Score: 0

4:00pm Sun 11 Nov 12

semitonic says...

RichardR1 wrote:
And mention of the man who has now left the town is relevant because?

Such obsession.
Robbo.. sorry.. Richard.. are you still seriously trying to keep up the pretence that you are not Bobfm, the infamous mentoroso?

That's even more ridiculous than messy pretending not to be Gordon Chalmers or you masquerading as daniel10 to back yourself up when losing arguments.

Fun times.
[quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: And mention of the man who has now left the town is relevant because? Such obsession.[/p][/quote]Robbo.. sorry.. Richard.. are you still seriously trying to keep up the pretence that you are not Bobfm, the infamous mentoroso? That's even more ridiculous than messy pretending not to be Gordon Chalmers or you masquerading as daniel10 to back yourself up when losing arguments. Fun times. semitonic
  • Score: 0

6:10pm Sun 11 Nov 12

itsamess3 says...

RichardR1 wrote:
Tesco wanted to buy the land as they had already bought the Suzuki site. How do I know this, a friend is the Architect for this project.

As always the trolls know nothing.
You know the architect of this project--how strange when he has no idea of who you are--he does know bobby though from e-mails almost demanding information from him.
As for the suzuki land--sorry to disappoint you but they were never in a position to sell the land to anyone.
[quote][p][bold]RichardR1[/bold] wrote: Tesco wanted to buy the land as they had already bought the Suzuki site. How do I know this, a friend is the Architect for this project. As always the trolls know nothing.[/p][/quote]You know the architect of this project--how strange when he has no idea of who you are--he does know bobby though from e-mails almost demanding information from him. As for the suzuki land--sorry to disappoint you but they were never in a position to sell the land to anyone. itsamess3
  • Score: 0

6:47pm Sun 11 Nov 12

RichardR1 says...

Mr Itsamess3 so once again you claim superior knowledge so do tell who you believe the architect is. Don't be shy.

As for robfm he indeed also knows the Architect who was a regular diner with his wife and three children. They live in the village just walking distance from the pub.

Tesco bought the Susiki land, you are talking rubbish as usual.

So as this all revolves around the Architect why not name him, I'll even make it easy for you his initials are IS
Mr Itsamess3 so once again you claim superior knowledge so do tell who you believe the architect is. Don't be shy. As for robfm he indeed also knows the Architect who was a regular diner with his wife and three children. They live in the village just walking distance from the pub. Tesco bought the Susiki land, you are talking rubbish as usual. So as this all revolves around the Architect why not name him, I'll even make it easy for you his initials are IS RichardR1
  • Score: 0

7:26pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Davey Gravey says...

A fair challenge there I think. Maybe you should come clean and admit you are bobfm too Richard cough cough
A fair challenge there I think. Maybe you should come clean and admit you are bobfm too Richard cough cough Davey Gravey
  • Score: 0

9:17pm Sun 11 Nov 12

itsamess3 says...

Bob
You expose yourself everytime you post. All the information as to architects etc is freely available at the the council offices and online.
As a member of a family who has had a presence continually in SM for centuries--i do know what goes on there.
As for what goes on in wroughton--i also have family there. Again the history of Pebley Beach Garage is very well known--as is the 3 TUNS.
Tesco would never be allowed to build-either on the 2Tuns site or the former garage and coach depot-despite there being a clear route in from the Ellundune shopping area as there are already 2 successful supermarkets in wroughton in a very small area.
A little research would have benefitted you before you made a complete fool of yourself.
Perhaps you should confine yourself to the subject of the article--rather than useless information.
Bob You expose yourself everytime you post. All the information as to architects etc is freely available at the the council offices and online. As a member of a family who has had a presence continually in SM for centuries--i do know what goes on there. As for what goes on in wroughton--i also have family there. Again the history of Pebley Beach Garage is very well known--as is the 3 TUNS. Tesco would never be allowed to build-either on the 2Tuns site or the former garage and coach depot-despite there being a clear route in from the Ellundune shopping area as there are already 2 successful supermarkets in wroughton in a very small area. A little research would have benefitted you before you made a complete fool of yourself. Perhaps you should confine yourself to the subject of the article--rather than useless information. itsamess3
  • Score: 0

9:30pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Empty Car Park says...

Do stop being such a pest RobFm.

When/if you have really left South Marston there is a pub that could use a few customers :):):)
Do stop being such a pest RobFm. When/if you have really left South Marston there is a pub that could use a few customers :):):) Empty Car Park
  • Score: 0

9:37pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Davey Gravey says...

How to swerve a question by itsamess aka Gordon Chalmers. 1-0 to bobfm
How to swerve a question by itsamess aka Gordon Chalmers. 1-0 to bobfm Davey Gravey
  • Score: 0

10:11pm Sun 11 Nov 12

itsamess3 says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
How to swerve a question by itsamess aka Gordon Chalmers. 1-0 to bobfm
All in your mind--never been anything but me--maybe you should have read all the posts--rather than what suits you-you just might learn something.
Bob was talking of 2 different projects--one of which is an active police investigation--had you read those stories you would have known a little more
.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: How to swerve a question by itsamess aka Gordon Chalmers. 1-0 to bobfm[/p][/quote]All in your mind--never been anything but me--maybe you should have read all the posts--rather than what suits you-you just might learn something. Bob was talking of 2 different projects--one of which is an active police investigation--had you read those stories you would have known a little more . itsamess3
  • Score: 0

10:21pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Davey Gravey says...

Lol. Just name the architect Bob asked you to
Lol. Just name the architect Bob asked you to Davey Gravey
  • Score: 0

11:13pm Sun 11 Nov 12

itsamess3 says...

Why--its on the website--feel free to look.
Not into silly games.
Why--its on the website--feel free to look. Not into silly games. itsamess3
  • Score: 0

7:39am Mon 12 Nov 12

Empty Car Park says...

I've not seen the name Gordon Chalmers used on these threads, but I do see RichardR1/RobFm over nearly every thread like a rash
I've not seen the name Gordon Chalmers used on these threads, but I do see RichardR1/RobFm over nearly every thread like a rash Empty Car Park
  • Score: 0

9:05am Mon 12 Nov 12

RichardR1 says...

ECP Robfm hasn't posted for a long while.

Itsamess, if the Architects details are on the application why have you not simply named them. What on earth are you going on about now, yet another police investigation only you know about, it seems.
ECP Robfm hasn't posted for a long while. Itsamess, if the Architects details are on the application why have you not simply named them. What on earth are you going on about now, yet another police investigation only you know about, it seems. RichardR1
  • Score: 0

9:14am Mon 12 Nov 12

I 2 Could B says...

Please don't tell me we're back into all this nonsense again?

Surely everyone knows by now that itsamess ALWAYS posts in non-specific terms and then NEVER provides names, links, dates etc. when asked.

And for him to then claim he isn't into 'silly games' really does take the biscuit!

At this rate we'll all be rolling around laughing about non-existent court appearances again within a few days...
Please don't tell me we're back into all this nonsense again? [p] Surely everyone knows by now that itsamess ALWAYS posts in non-specific terms and then NEVER provides names, links, dates etc. when asked. [p] And for him to then claim he isn't into 'silly games' really does take the biscuit! [p] At this rate we'll all be rolling around laughing about non-existent court appearances again within a few days... I 2 Could B
  • Score: 0

9:34am Mon 12 Nov 12

Davey Gravey says...

Where have Gordon Chalmers and Daniel 10 got to? The lengths bobfm and itsamess will go to in an attempt to win arguements is hilarious. This time Bob has Itsamess in the ropes though. The know all rocket scientist cannot provide a simple name.
Where have Gordon Chalmers and Daniel 10 got to? The lengths bobfm and itsamess will go to in an attempt to win arguements is hilarious. This time Bob has Itsamess in the ropes though. The know all rocket scientist cannot provide a simple name. Davey Gravey
  • Score: 0

9:55am Mon 12 Nov 12

The Artist formally known as Grumpy Old Man says...

It's Ian Sullivan - took about 30 seconds on google to find the information. Of course you all knew that anyway.

These sniping comments are all getting a little tiresome. Now I've answered your question can you lot stop posting trolling comments at each other and actually comment on the articles please?
It's Ian Sullivan - took about 30 seconds on google to find the information. Of course you all knew that anyway. These sniping comments are all getting a little tiresome. Now I've answered your question can you lot stop posting trolling comments at each other and actually comment on the articles please? The Artist formally known as Grumpy Old Man
  • Score: 0

11:24am Mon 12 Nov 12

EmmBee says...

Does anyone know why the Three Tuns closed in the first place?
Does anyone know why the Three Tuns closed in the first place? EmmBee
  • Score: 0

12:20pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Davey Gravey says...

The Artist formally known as Grumpy Old Man wrote:
It's Ian Sullivan - took about 30 seconds on google to find the information. Of course you all knew that anyway.

These sniping comments are all getting a little tiresome. Now I've answered your question can you lot stop posting trolling comments at each other and actually comment on the articles please?
Well if the pair of them were not so hell bent on trying to outdo each other the rest of us wouldn't highlight how stupid they are. You cannot blame people for pointing out what they are and do. You've not posted on topic yourself so it's a bit hypocritical don't you think on your part?
[quote][p][bold]The Artist formally known as Grumpy Old Man[/bold] wrote: It's Ian Sullivan - took about 30 seconds on google to find the information. Of course you all knew that anyway. These sniping comments are all getting a little tiresome. Now I've answered your question can you lot stop posting trolling comments at each other and actually comment on the articles please?[/p][/quote]Well if the pair of them were not so hell bent on trying to outdo each other the rest of us wouldn't highlight how stupid they are. You cannot blame people for pointing out what they are and do. You've not posted on topic yourself so it's a bit hypocritical don't you think on your part? Davey Gravey
  • Score: 0

12:35pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Oldtownmum says...

Can you bunch of kids grow up! I thought there might be some interesting comments on an area near to me but instead there is a string of childish bickering. So fed up of articles being taken over by people who should get out more.
Can you bunch of kids grow up! I thought there might be some interesting comments on an area near to me but instead there is a string of childish bickering. So fed up of articles being taken over by people who should get out more. Oldtownmum
  • Score: 0

12:42pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Davey Gravey says...

Oldtownmum wrote:
Can you bunch of kids grow up! I thought there might be some interesting comments on an area near to me but instead there is a string of childish bickering. So fed up of articles being taken over by people who should get out more.
That's a bit insulting and off topic. Ironic eh?
[quote][p][bold]Oldtownmum[/bold] wrote: Can you bunch of kids grow up! I thought there might be some interesting comments on an area near to me but instead there is a string of childish bickering. So fed up of articles being taken over by people who should get out more.[/p][/quote]That's a bit insulting and off topic. Ironic eh? Davey Gravey
  • Score: 0

1:55pm Mon 12 Nov 12

house on the hill says...

And people makes jokes about Swindon because? Jesus what a bunch of tw4ts!
And people makes jokes about Swindon because? Jesus what a bunch of tw4ts! house on the hill
  • Score: 0

3:27pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Empty Car Park says...

I 2 Could B wrote:
Please don't tell me we're back into all this nonsense again?

Surely everyone knows by now that itsamess ALWAYS posts in non-specific terms and then NEVER provides names, links, dates etc. when asked.

And for him to then claim he isn't into 'silly games' really does take the biscuit!

At this rate we'll all be rolling around laughing about non-existent court appearances again within a few days...
No point in singling out Itsamess either.

Why do you always appear solely to defend RichardR1 (as you did when he logged in as RobFm)?
Are you related?

After the big fuss you made about people using their real name, how come you're no longer using yours?

Shameful hypocrisy.
Hardly surprising your wife uses her maiden name instead of yours.

The Adver only have to ban one individual to improve these threads tenfold.

That one individual is Robfm
[quote][p][bold]I 2 Could B[/bold] wrote: Please don't tell me we're back into all this nonsense again? [p] Surely everyone knows by now that itsamess ALWAYS posts in non-specific terms and then NEVER provides names, links, dates etc. when asked. [p] And for him to then claim he isn't into 'silly games' really does take the biscuit! [p] At this rate we'll all be rolling around laughing about non-existent court appearances again within a few days...[/p][/quote]No point in singling out Itsamess either. Why do you always appear solely to defend RichardR1 (as you did when he logged in as RobFm)? Are you related? After the big fuss you made about people using their real name, how come you're no longer using yours? Shameful hypocrisy. Hardly surprising your wife uses her maiden name instead of yours. The Adver only have to ban one individual to improve these threads tenfold. That one individual is Robfm Empty Car Park
  • Score: 0

4:16pm Mon 12 Nov 12

itsamess3 says...

I 2 Could B wrote:
Please don't tell me we're back into all this nonsense again?

Surely everyone knows by now that itsamess ALWAYS posts in non-specific terms and then NEVER provides names, links, dates etc. when asked.

And for him to then claim he isn't into 'silly games' really does take the biscuit!

At this rate we'll all be rolling around laughing about non-existent court appearances again within a few days...
My goodness I 2--you mean you missed the story in this very paper as to the cars that disappeared that had been paid for at that garage?Still--thats the danger of assumtions--folk do make a fool of themselves with irrelevant comments.
[quote][p][bold]I 2 Could B[/bold] wrote: Please don't tell me we're back into all this nonsense again? [p] Surely everyone knows by now that itsamess ALWAYS posts in non-specific terms and then NEVER provides names, links, dates etc. when asked. [p] And for him to then claim he isn't into 'silly games' really does take the biscuit! [p] At this rate we'll all be rolling around laughing about non-existent court appearances again within a few days...[/p][/quote]My goodness I 2--you mean you missed the story in this very paper as to the cars that disappeared that had been paid for at that garage?Still--thats the danger of assumtions--folk do make a fool of themselves with irrelevant comments. itsamess3
  • Score: 0

4:57pm Mon 12 Nov 12

itsamess3 says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
Where have Gordon Chalmers and Daniel 10 got to? The lengths bobfm and itsamess will go to in an attempt to win arguements is hilarious. This time Bob has Itsamess in the ropes though. The know all rocket scientist cannot provide a simple name.
Do tell what argument it is i have participated in? As i stated--you only had to follow the link the adver provided.
Now you revert to claims you know nothing about and simply following others like a sheep.
Rocket scientist--nope.
Also had you read the information given as to the garage site--which at this time is not up for development--if it was then a better access route would be available and ensure the 3 Tuns devrlopment could be approved.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Where have Gordon Chalmers and Daniel 10 got to? The lengths bobfm and itsamess will go to in an attempt to win arguements is hilarious. This time Bob has Itsamess in the ropes though. The know all rocket scientist cannot provide a simple name.[/p][/quote]Do tell what argument it is i have participated in? As i stated--you only had to follow the link the adver provided. Now you revert to claims you know nothing about and simply following others like a sheep. Rocket scientist--nope. Also had you read the information given as to the garage site--which at this time is not up for development--if it was then a better access route would be available and ensure the 3 Tuns devrlopment could be approved. itsamess3
  • Score: 0

5:13pm Mon 12 Nov 12

daws says...

EmmBee wrote:
Does anyone know why the Three Tuns closed in the first place?
just not viable, countless landlords tried to make a go of it but always struggled to meet the rent. just the way it is these days
[quote][p][bold]EmmBee[/bold] wrote: Does anyone know why the Three Tuns closed in the first place?[/p][/quote]just not viable, countless landlords tried to make a go of it but always struggled to meet the rent. just the way it is these days daws
  • Score: 0

6:27pm Mon 12 Nov 12

itsamess3 says...

True it is the sign of the times and wroughton is a relativey small community with a good mix of pubs.
Rising costs and drinks prices over a long period when many wages are almost static contribute to the decline.
Many pubs have raised their game and have survived--many more will fail.
One of the good things about the Tuns was the donation of a bar to STFC after it closed.
True it is the sign of the times and wroughton is a relativey small community with a good mix of pubs. Rising costs and drinks prices over a long period when many wages are almost static contribute to the decline. Many pubs have raised their game and have survived--many more will fail. One of the good things about the Tuns was the donation of a bar to STFC after it closed. itsamess3
  • Score: 0

8:00pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Davey Gravey says...

itsamess3 wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
Where have Gordon Chalmers and Daniel 10 got to? The lengths bobfm and itsamess will go to in an attempt to win arguements is hilarious. This time Bob has Itsamess in the ropes though. The know all rocket scientist cannot provide a simple name.
Do tell what argument it is i have participated in? As i stated--you only had to follow the link the adver provided.
Now you revert to claims you know nothing about and simply following others like a sheep.
Rocket scientist--nope.
Also had you read the information given as to the garage site--which at this time is not up for development--if it was then a better access route would be available and ensure the 3 Tuns devrlopment could be approved.
Many an argument.too many to list, but as you print out everything on here why not check out your pages of it? How is your court case against bobfm going, and your surveillance cameras outside his deserted Motel?
[quote][p][bold]itsamess3[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Where have Gordon Chalmers and Daniel 10 got to? The lengths bobfm and itsamess will go to in an attempt to win arguements is hilarious. This time Bob has Itsamess in the ropes though. The know all rocket scientist cannot provide a simple name.[/p][/quote]Do tell what argument it is i have participated in? As i stated--you only had to follow the link the adver provided. Now you revert to claims you know nothing about and simply following others like a sheep. Rocket scientist--nope. Also had you read the information given as to the garage site--which at this time is not up for development--if it was then a better access route would be available and ensure the 3 Tuns devrlopment could be approved.[/p][/quote]Many an argument.too many to list, but as you print out everything on here why not check out your pages of it? How is your court case against bobfm going, and your surveillance cameras outside his deserted Motel? Davey Gravey
  • Score: 0

8:20pm Mon 12 Nov 12

itsamess3 says...

Your sole intention of coming here is to raise issues that have no place in the article and disrupt the site.
Your posts show you have no idea what you are talking about.
Continue with these personal attacks and i will report the posts.
Your sole intention of coming here is to raise issues that have no place in the article and disrupt the site. Your posts show you have no idea what you are talking about. Continue with these personal attacks and i will report the posts. itsamess3
  • Score: 0

12:03am Tue 13 Nov 12

Davey Gravey says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
itsamess3 wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
Where have Gordon Chalmers and Daniel 10 got to? The lengths bobfm and itsamess will go to in an attempt to win arguements is hilarious. This time Bob has Itsamess in the ropes though. The know all rocket scientist cannot provide a simple name.
Do tell what argument it is i have participated in? As i stated--you only had to follow the link the adver provided.
Now you revert to claims you know nothing about and simply following others like a sheep.
Rocket scientist--nope.
Also had you read the information given as to the garage site--which at this time is not up for development--if it was then a better access route would be available and ensure the 3 Tuns devrlopment could be approved.
Many an argument.too many to list, but as you print out everything on here why not check out your pages of it? How is your court case against bobfm going, and your surveillance cameras outside his deserted Motel?
Dear site moderator. The nasty Davey gravey has been repeating things I have previously typed on this site and I don't like it. Its ok when I say things to others though and invent alter egos to try to sway a debate in my favour, so like me pretend it doesn't happen . Lots of love itsamessxxxx
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]itsamess3[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Where have Gordon Chalmers and Daniel 10 got to? The lengths bobfm and itsamess will go to in an attempt to win arguements is hilarious. This time Bob has Itsamess in the ropes though. The know all rocket scientist cannot provide a simple name.[/p][/quote]Do tell what argument it is i have participated in? As i stated--you only had to follow the link the adver provided. Now you revert to claims you know nothing about and simply following others like a sheep. Rocket scientist--nope. Also had you read the information given as to the garage site--which at this time is not up for development--if it was then a better access route would be available and ensure the 3 Tuns devrlopment could be approved.[/p][/quote]Many an argument.too many to list, but as you print out everything on here why not check out your pages of it? How is your court case against bobfm going, and your surveillance cameras outside his deserted Motel?[/p][/quote]Dear site moderator. The nasty Davey gravey has been repeating things I have previously typed on this site and I don't like it. Its ok when I say things to others though and invent alter egos to try to sway a debate in my favour, so like me pretend it doesn't happen . Lots of love itsamessxxxx Davey Gravey
  • Score: 0

5:43pm Tue 13 Nov 12

itsamess3 says...

itsamess3 wrote:
Your sole intention of coming here is to raise issues that have no place in the article and disrupt the site.
Your posts show you have no idea what you are talking about.
Continue with these personal attacks and i will report the posts.
Some again--do try checking exactly what i have said--rather than incorrect claims.
None of which has anything to do with the article.
If you have any argument as to any of my comments as to the proposed development of the 3 Tuns site--feel welcome.
[quote][p][bold]itsamess3[/bold] wrote: Your sole intention of coming here is to raise issues that have no place in the article and disrupt the site. Your posts show you have no idea what you are talking about. Continue with these personal attacks and i will report the posts.[/p][/quote]Some again--do try checking exactly what i have said--rather than incorrect claims. None of which has anything to do with the article. If you have any argument as to any of my comments as to the proposed development of the 3 Tuns site--feel welcome. itsamess3
  • Score: 0

1:52pm Wed 14 Nov 12

I 2 Could B says...

This made me laugh:

is.gd/2DFUQs

In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum.

Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc.

Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.
This made me laugh: [p] is.gd/2DFUQs [p] In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum. [p] Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc. [p] Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it. I 2 Could B
  • Score: 0

2:19pm Wed 14 Nov 12

Bobfm , says...

I 2 Could B wrote:
This made me laugh:

is.gd/2DFUQs

In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum.

Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc.

Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.
Hi 20Eyes. Do you think they miss us?
[quote][p][bold]I 2 Could B[/bold] wrote: This made me laugh: [p] is.gd/2DFUQs [p] In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum. [p] Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc. [p] Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.[/p][/quote]Hi 20Eyes. Do you think they miss us? Bobfm ,
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Wed 14 Nov 12

I 2 Could B says...

Bobfm , wrote:
I 2 Could B wrote: This made me laugh: is.gd/2DFUQs In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum. Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc. Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.
Hi 20Eyes. Do you think they miss us?
I doubt they miss you, given that you're no doubt one of the 15 or so people that still post there.
[quote][p][bold]Bobfm ,[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]I 2 Could B[/bold] wrote: This made me laugh: [p] is.gd/2DFUQs [p] In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum. [p] Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc. [p] Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.[/p][/quote]Hi 20Eyes. Do you think they miss us?[/p][/quote]I doubt they miss you, given that you're no doubt one of the 15 or so people that still post there. I 2 Could B
  • Score: 0

5:28pm Wed 14 Nov 12

Bobfm , says...

I 2 Could B wrote:
This made me laugh:

is.gd/2DFUQs

In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum.

Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc.

Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.
Nice to know you still visit the "little used forum" for a catch-up.
.
According to the analytics many thousand other people seem to do the same too.
.
I guess you could say the Adver site is a "little used forum" too if, by your definition, use is measured by number of users who post (you can't count the multiple log-ins I'm afraid).
.
But actually thousands of people read the inane witterings of the disturbed on here every day.

x
[quote][p][bold]I 2 Could B[/bold] wrote: This made me laugh: [p] is.gd/2DFUQs [p] In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum. [p] Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc. [p] Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.[/p][/quote]Nice to know you still visit the "little used forum" for a catch-up. . According to the analytics many thousand other people seem to do the same too. . I guess you could say the Adver site is a "little used forum" too if, by your definition, use is measured by number of users who post (you can't count the multiple log-ins I'm afraid). . But actually thousands of people read the inane witterings of the disturbed on here every day. x Bobfm ,
  • Score: 0

6:36am Thu 15 Nov 12

Still About says...

I 2 Could B wrote:
This made me laugh:

is.gd/2DFUQs

In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum.

Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc.

Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.
No prizes for guessing who you are then.
How sad that you criticise a forum yet so obviously still regularly read it.
[quote][p][bold]I 2 Could B[/bold] wrote: This made me laugh: [p] is.gd/2DFUQs [p] In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum. [p] Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc. [p] Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.[/p][/quote]No prizes for guessing who you are then. How sad that you criticise a forum yet so obviously still regularly read it. Still About
  • Score: 0

8:48am Thu 15 Nov 12

I 2 Could B says...

Still About wrote:
I 2 Could B wrote: This made me laugh: is.gd/2DFUQs In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum. Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc. Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.
No prizes for guessing who you are then. How sad that you criticise a forum yet so obviously still regularly read it.
Plenty of people watch Newsnight, yet they're right to criticise it when it gets things wrong.

Ah, bless you, though, trying to defend your little Labour party forum. I'm sure your thread about this thread will be glowing with self-righteous indignation that any has dared mention it's merely an online resource to allow 10 people who already know each other to have a natter about how naughty everybody else is (for not sharing your groupthink).
[quote][p][bold]Still About[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]I 2 Could B[/bold] wrote: This made me laugh: [p] is.gd/2DFUQs [p] In the haste to post all that smug, self-congratulatory drivel, they seem to have rather conveniently overlooked the fact that one of the main contributors to this thread (in several of his guises) is very much a main part of their little used forum. [p] Indeed, Talk Swindon is the spiritual home of I Too / Empty Car Park / 1 2 Could Be etc. etc. [p] Interesting to see that the owner of that forum still can't quite accept that he's not able to censor, regulate and otherwise control the entire internet... just his rather sad, impotent little corner of it.[/p][/quote]No prizes for guessing who you are then. How sad that you criticise a forum yet so obviously still regularly read it.[/p][/quote]Plenty of people watch Newsnight, yet they're right to criticise it when it gets things wrong. [p] Ah, bless you, though, trying to defend your little Labour party forum. I'm sure your thread about this thread will be glowing with self-righteous indignation that any has dared mention it's merely an online resource to allow 10 people who already know each other to have a natter about how naughty everybody else is (for not sharing your groupthink). I 2 Could B
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree