Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Big Swindon Quiz 2012
1. What song did Jahmene Douglas sing at his X Factor audition?
2. What anniversary did the Great Western Hospital celebrate earlier this month?
3. Who did Coun Mick Bray take over from as Mayor of Swindon in May?
4. The Magic Roundabout celebrated its 40th birthday this year, but who designed it?
5. Which public building in Swindon brought in hawks to scare off nuisance gulls and pigeons?
6. In January it was revealed that experts believed the town had an ‘image problem’ and they were going to spend taxpayers money fixing it. But how much?
7. Which team did Swindon play in the Johnstone Paint Trophy final at Wembley, and what was the final score?
8. Who composed the music for Swindon: The Opera, which was performed at Steam in July?
9. Which band has announced they are kicking off their 2013 tour at the Oasis? It will be the third time the male foursome have performed at the venue.
10. Keith Chegwin is to star in next year’s Wyvern Theatre pantomime once again, but what will it be?
11. Which union instigated an number of strikes at the Great Western Hospital this year?
12. Which Swindon-based choir performed as part of the pre-match entertainment at the Six Nations rugby match between England and Wales?
13. Which Wiltshire music festival nearly didn’t go ahead because of a dispute over policing levels?
14. The daughter of which Swindon-born adventurer was an Olympic torch bearer, carrying the flame on the top of the London Eye?
15. Which Westlea-based company is to be the main sponsors for the Swindon Robins Speedway Team in 2013?