Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Change in town ban
6:20am Tuesday 17th September 2013 in News
A MAN accused of burgling a house in Royal Wootton Bassett has been banned from the town unless passing through in a car or bus.
Paul Christian is said to have stolen a computer and other items during an alleged raid on a house in Beaman’s Lane on Monday August 19.
No charge was put to the 40-year-old in the appearance at Swindon Crown Court and he did not enter a plea.
Christian, who lives with his mum in Goatacre, had been on bail with a condition banning him from Royal Wootton Bassett completely.
After hearing how that made it very difficult to get to and from the job centre, doctor’s surgery and other appointments in Swindon, a judge changed the conditions.
The court heard that most of the time he was ferried about by his mum and they had to avoid going through the town.
Judge Euan Ambrose said the defendant would only be allowed in the town if he was passing through in either a bus or a car. He also altered his 7pm to 7am curfew to allow him into the garden of his mother’s house in Iles Court.
He adjourned the case to November 22.