Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Chimney warning issued following fire
8:50am Wednesday 9th October 2013 in News
WILTSHIRE Fire and Rescue have issued a warning to residents who own a chimney fire following a call out on Friday evening.
The owner of a property in Mays Lane lit their fire for the first time and debris within the chimney caught fire. A stirrup pump and chimney rod was used to put out the fire.
A spokesperson said: “Over the summer months there may well be build up of soot or bird nest material which can catch fire.
“We ask people to make sure their chimney’s have been properly cleaned before they start the first fire of the winter.”