‘Pharmacy issued the wrong dosage’

Swindon Advertiser: Davina Jayne Hill with the tablets she was prescribed Davina Jayne Hill with the tablets she was prescribed

A MOTHER-of-three with a history of depression claims she was left feeling despondent and exhausted after her pharmacist accidentally handed her medication five times above her prescribed dosage.

After a visit to her doctor at Hawthorn Medical Centre, Davina Jayne Hill, 43, of Pinehurst, avoided a trip to her regular pharmacy in Cricklade Road and picked up her prescription next door at Swindon Pharmacy on January 20.

She took her various pills, including the anti-depressant Amitriptyline, each day as usual but soon began feeling drowsy, constantly exhausted and unusually lethargic and depressed.

Upon examining the Amitriptyline packaging on Sunday, she realised that instead of her usual 10mg she had actually been taking 50mg tablets every night.

Although the package contained 50mg tablets, a label listing her full name and the dosage prescribed, 10mg, was stuck on it and partially concealing the real dosage, meaning she did not notice the error until much later.

She said: “I’m on five medications in the morning, some hormones which I’ve been taking since I had a hysterectomy last year, anti-depressants and medication for gastric problems. I’m on three at night so I have to be careful what dose I take because of all the side effects from each.

“They gave me my medicine and then called me in the afternoon to check if they had given me my Amitriptyline. They had. I took them for six days and felt drowsy and really down but I thought I was just having a bad time because I suffer from depression.

“I was really upset when I found out. I trusted them and I don’t know if, in the long-term, it could affect me. I was five times over my normal dose.”

She returned to the pharmacy on Monday. She said: “You can’t afford to mess around with people’s health and their medication. They’ve put me at risk.”

The pharmacy is still under enforcement notice from Swindon Council for opening without planning permission last year.

It launched at the front of the Hawthorn Medical Centre in October 2013 despite losing a lengthy battle with the council to gain planning permission.

An application was subsequently submitted to have the pharmacy recognised as a lawful development, but this was refused by the council and an enforcement notice was sent out.

Angela Brunning, practice manager at the Hawthorn Medical Centre said: “For confidentiality reasons we can’t comment on individual cases.

“My lead GP can confirm that the drug concerned is given at the following doses of 10mg-75mg for pain management, 10mg-150mg for migraine and 75mg-200mg for depression. A 10mg dose going up to 50mg dose of the drug prescribed will not have any persistent adverse health implications on the patient.

“Where a mistake is made every effort is made to contact the patient. If the patient chooses not to act on that we can’t be held responsible. The pharmacy takes all precautions to mitigate errors but mistakes do get made and there is a process for patients to go through for complaints.”

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:38am Wed 29 Jan 14

towney says...

There is no way she takes 10mg for depression, she may take them for other reasons but at 10mg they would not even begin to touch depression. I think she has misunderstood the reasoning for taking them!
There is no way she takes 10mg for depression, she may take them for other reasons but at 10mg they would not even begin to touch depression. I think she has misunderstood the reasoning for taking them! towney

12:24pm Wed 29 Jan 14

SwindonRover says...

Amitriptyline is very rarely prescribed for depression these days, and certainly not at that dosage. It is now commonly used to target nerve pain and as towney has stated I think perhaps she has misunderstood why she has been given this by her GP - at this dosage it certainly won't be for depression.
Amitriptyline is very rarely prescribed for depression these days, and certainly not at that dosage. It is now commonly used to target nerve pain and as towney has stated I think perhaps she has misunderstood why she has been given this by her GP - at this dosage it certainly won't be for depression. SwindonRover

12:25pm Wed 29 Jan 14

SomeoneWhoIsntMe says...

Amitriptyline is used in treating arthritis at lower doses!
Amitriptyline is used in treating arthritis at lower doses! SomeoneWhoIsntMe

12:36pm Wed 29 Jan 14

FlowerPower says...

Kind of irrelevant why she was prescribed it, the pharmacy is in the wrong for not checking the prescription against what they issued.
I take regular medication, I check everything myself soon as I get them from the pharmacy. If the packaging has changed, or the brand has changed, I check and double check and if I am not sure I go back to the pharmacy and ask them to confirm/explain. I am assuming a 50mg tablet is a bit bigger than a 10mg tablet, perhaps that would of been a clue??

Saying that, the ultimate responsibility is with the pharmacy, not the patient, the meds should not of been issued. Simple as. Blaming the patient for not noticing/knowing is not on at all.
Kind of irrelevant why she was prescribed it, the pharmacy is in the wrong for not checking the prescription against what they issued. I take regular medication, I check everything myself soon as I get them from the pharmacy. If the packaging has changed, or the brand has changed, I check and double check and if I am not sure I go back to the pharmacy and ask them to confirm/explain. I am assuming a 50mg tablet is a bit bigger than a 10mg tablet, perhaps that would of been a clue?? Saying that, the ultimate responsibility is with the pharmacy, not the patient, the meds should not of been issued. Simple as. Blaming the patient for not noticing/knowing is not on at all. FlowerPower

12:57pm Wed 29 Jan 14

toyota777 says...

I am also on a large variety of pills and often have different brands which I check carefully . Some people may well become confused when packaged differently as the pills are often different shapes or colours and even sizes sometimes. If I had just visited my GP and picked up my prescription with a different strength dosage I would assume the GP had changed it. If the Pharmicist is not going to be fully responsible for the strength of medicines he hands out they may as allow any Tom,Dick or Harry dish them out and stop paying their ridiculous high wages.
I am also on a large variety of pills and often have different brands which I check carefully . Some people may well become confused when packaged differently as the pills are often different shapes or colours and even sizes sometimes. If I had just visited my GP and picked up my prescription with a different strength dosage I would assume the GP had changed it. If the Pharmicist is not going to be fully responsible for the strength of medicines he hands out they may as allow any Tom,Dick or Harry dish them out and stop paying their ridiculous high wages. toyota777

1:57pm Wed 29 Jan 14

house on the hill says...

I think this is a little harsh, i defy anyone to say they have never made a mistake at work! We all know whose responsibility it is but they are just human like the rest of us. Fortunately it has been resolved without too much damage.
I think this is a little harsh, i defy anyone to say they have never made a mistake at work! We all know whose responsibility it is but they are just human like the rest of us. Fortunately it has been resolved without too much damage. house on the hill

5:43pm Wed 29 Jan 14

BigBarry says...

house on the hill wrote:
I think this is a little harsh, i defy anyone to say they have never made a mistake at work! We all know whose responsibility it is but they are just human like the rest of us. Fortunately it has been resolved without too much damage.
Quite the opposite as this is a serious matter, What if a pharmacist prescribed the incorrect does of pain killers to a child by mistake and it killed them, would that be a 'mistake at work' also? the fact that the consequences were not more serious on this occasion does not excuse the actions of an incompetent pharmacist, and action should be taken to ensure this malpractice is not repeated in the future with more serious consequences.
[quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: I think this is a little harsh, i defy anyone to say they have never made a mistake at work! We all know whose responsibility it is but they are just human like the rest of us. Fortunately it has been resolved without too much damage.[/p][/quote]Quite the opposite as this is a serious matter, What if a pharmacist prescribed the incorrect does of pain killers to a child by mistake and it killed them, would that be a 'mistake at work' also? the fact that the consequences were not more serious on this occasion does not excuse the actions of an incompetent pharmacist, and action should be taken to ensure this malpractice is not repeated in the future with more serious consequences. BigBarry

6:51pm Wed 29 Jan 14

shanaxo says...

towney wrote:
There is no way she takes 10mg for depression, she may take them for other reasons but at 10mg they would not even begin to touch depression. I think she has misunderstood the reasoning for taking them!
It was prescribed for pain and sleeping.
[quote][p][bold]towney[/bold] wrote: There is no way she takes 10mg for depression, she may take them for other reasons but at 10mg they would not even begin to touch depression. I think she has misunderstood the reasoning for taking them![/p][/quote]It was prescribed for pain and sleeping. shanaxo

6:52pm Wed 29 Jan 14

shanaxo says...

SwindonRover wrote:
Amitriptyline is very rarely prescribed for depression these days, and certainly not at that dosage. It is now commonly used to target nerve pain and as towney has stated I think perhaps she has misunderstood why she has been given this by her GP - at this dosage it certainly won't be for depression.
She was prescribed it for pain and sleeping!!!
[quote][p][bold]SwindonRover[/bold] wrote: Amitriptyline is very rarely prescribed for depression these days, and certainly not at that dosage. It is now commonly used to target nerve pain and as towney has stated I think perhaps she has misunderstood why she has been given this by her GP - at this dosage it certainly won't be for depression.[/p][/quote]She was prescribed it for pain and sleeping!!! shanaxo

6:54pm Wed 29 Jan 14

shanaxo says...

FlowerPower wrote:
Kind of irrelevant why she was prescribed it, the pharmacy is in the wrong for not checking the prescription against what they issued.
I take regular medication, I check everything myself soon as I get them from the pharmacy. If the packaging has changed, or the brand has changed, I check and double check and if I am not sure I go back to the pharmacy and ask them to confirm/explain. I am assuming a 50mg tablet is a bit bigger than a 10mg tablet, perhaps that would of been a clue??

Saying that, the ultimate responsibility is with the pharmacy, not the patient, the meds should not of been issued. Simple as. Blaming the patient for not noticing/knowing is not on at all.
She always checks her dosages and meds. The tablet sticker was stuck over the original 50mg sign. Im her daughter, she is very careful with her meds due to having many health complications.
[quote][p][bold]FlowerPower[/bold] wrote: Kind of irrelevant why she was prescribed it, the pharmacy is in the wrong for not checking the prescription against what they issued. I take regular medication, I check everything myself soon as I get them from the pharmacy. If the packaging has changed, or the brand has changed, I check and double check and if I am not sure I go back to the pharmacy and ask them to confirm/explain. I am assuming a 50mg tablet is a bit bigger than a 10mg tablet, perhaps that would of been a clue?? Saying that, the ultimate responsibility is with the pharmacy, not the patient, the meds should not of been issued. Simple as. Blaming the patient for not noticing/knowing is not on at all.[/p][/quote]She always checks her dosages and meds. The tablet sticker was stuck over the original 50mg sign. Im her daughter, she is very careful with her meds due to having many health complications. shanaxo

6:56pm Wed 29 Jan 14

shanaxo says...

house on the hill wrote:
I think this is a little harsh, i defy anyone to say they have never made a mistake at work! We all know whose responsibility it is but they are just human like the rest of us. Fortunately it has been resolved without too much damage.
Mistake at work? What, like messing up an order or calling the wrong number?Had this been a child or an elderly person the pharmacist would be in deep teouble due to them possibly being killed.
[quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: I think this is a little harsh, i defy anyone to say they have never made a mistake at work! We all know whose responsibility it is but they are just human like the rest of us. Fortunately it has been resolved without too much damage.[/p][/quote]Mistake at work? What, like messing up an order or calling the wrong number?Had this been a child or an elderly person the pharmacist would be in deep teouble due to them possibly being killed. shanaxo

7:06pm Wed 29 Jan 14

umpcah says...

shanaxo wrote:
house on the hill wrote:
I think this is a little harsh, i defy anyone to say they have never made a mistake at work! We all know whose responsibility it is but they are just human like the rest of us. Fortunately it has been resolved without too much damage.
Mistake at work? What, like messing up an order or calling the wrong number?Had this been a child or an elderly person the pharmacist would be in deep teouble due to them possibly being killed.
Even doctors can make a mistake on a prescription . My wife proved it today - not that it would`ve made a colossal difference for her. Vets are lucky in that their mistakes can soon be cremated without investigation !
[quote][p][bold]shanaxo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: I think this is a little harsh, i defy anyone to say they have never made a mistake at work! We all know whose responsibility it is but they are just human like the rest of us. Fortunately it has been resolved without too much damage.[/p][/quote]Mistake at work? What, like messing up an order or calling the wrong number?Had this been a child or an elderly person the pharmacist would be in deep teouble due to them possibly being killed.[/p][/quote]Even doctors can make a mistake on a prescription . My wife proved it today - not that it would`ve made a colossal difference for her. Vets are lucky in that their mistakes can soon be cremated without investigation ! umpcah

7:40pm Wed 29 Jan 14

SwindonRover says...

shanaxo wrote:
SwindonRover wrote: Amitriptyline is very rarely prescribed for depression these days, and certainly not at that dosage. It is now commonly used to target nerve pain and as towney has stated I think perhaps she has misunderstood why she has been given this by her GP - at this dosage it certainly won't be for depression.
She was prescribed it for pain and sleeping!!!
Just as I said, no? Yet the adver attempt to dramatise this story by focussing on the fact that a women who suffers from depression was issued the wrong doseage of a drug medically licensed as an anti depressant, yet this was most definitely not the reason she is taking it. I quote "the anti-depressant Amitriptyline." The story is nonsense and a waste of time.

Additionally, why is she complaining of drowsiness if the reason she had been given the drug is to help with sleep? Slightly contradictory I feel?!!

She is just trying to highlight an incompetent pharmacist and help others stay away you say? Goodness me give them a break. If the Royal Mail mis-delivers a letter should we all boycott the postal service? The GWH has made mistakes in the past, should we never go to hospital again when our health requires it? We are all human, get a grip!
[quote][p][bold]shanaxo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SwindonRover[/bold] wrote: Amitriptyline is very rarely prescribed for depression these days, and certainly not at that dosage. It is now commonly used to target nerve pain and as towney has stated I think perhaps she has misunderstood why she has been given this by her GP - at this dosage it certainly won't be for depression.[/p][/quote]She was prescribed it for pain and sleeping!!![/p][/quote]Just as I said, no? Yet the adver attempt to dramatise this story by focussing on the fact that a women who suffers from depression was issued the wrong doseage of a drug medically licensed as an anti depressant, yet this was most definitely not the reason she is taking it. I quote "the anti-depressant Amitriptyline." The story is nonsense and a waste of time. Additionally, why is she complaining of drowsiness if the reason she had been given the drug is to help with sleep? Slightly contradictory I feel?!! She is just trying to highlight an incompetent pharmacist and help others stay away you say? Goodness me give them a break. If the Royal Mail mis-delivers a letter should we all boycott the postal service? The GWH has made mistakes in the past, should we never go to hospital again when our health requires it? We are all human, get a grip! SwindonRover

8:17pm Wed 29 Jan 14

shanaxo says...

SwindonRover wrote:
shanaxo wrote:
SwindonRover wrote: Amitriptyline is very rarely prescribed for depression these days, and certainly not at that dosage. It is now commonly used to target nerve pain and as towney has stated I think perhaps she has misunderstood why she has been given this by her GP - at this dosage it certainly won't be for depression.
She was prescribed it for pain and sleeping!!!
Just as I said, no? Yet the adver attempt to dramatise this story by focussing on the fact that a women who suffers from depression was issued the wrong doseage of a drug medically licensed as an anti depressant, yet this was most definitely not the reason she is taking it. I quote "the anti-depressant Amitriptyline." The story is nonsense and a waste of time.

Additionally, why is she complaining of drowsiness if the reason she had been given the drug is to help with sleep? Slightly contradictory I feel?!!

She is just trying to highlight an incompetent pharmacist and help others stay away you say? Goodness me give them a break. If the Royal Mail mis-delivers a letter should we all boycott the postal service? The GWH has made mistakes in the past, should we never go to hospital again when our health requires it? We are all human, get a grip!
If a letter is mis-delivered a life is not in jeopardy, but of a stupid comment to ake. Nothing like the situation, at all. Yes, drowsiness during night if acceptable considering she was taking then, after a 12hour sleep surely the drowsiness shouldve gone? Jesus Christ, Swindon really has some stupid, uneducated people.
[quote][p][bold]SwindonRover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shanaxo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SwindonRover[/bold] wrote: Amitriptyline is very rarely prescribed for depression these days, and certainly not at that dosage. It is now commonly used to target nerve pain and as towney has stated I think perhaps she has misunderstood why she has been given this by her GP - at this dosage it certainly won't be for depression.[/p][/quote]She was prescribed it for pain and sleeping!!![/p][/quote]Just as I said, no? Yet the adver attempt to dramatise this story by focussing on the fact that a women who suffers from depression was issued the wrong doseage of a drug medically licensed as an anti depressant, yet this was most definitely not the reason she is taking it. I quote "the anti-depressant Amitriptyline." The story is nonsense and a waste of time. Additionally, why is she complaining of drowsiness if the reason she had been given the drug is to help with sleep? Slightly contradictory I feel?!! She is just trying to highlight an incompetent pharmacist and help others stay away you say? Goodness me give them a break. If the Royal Mail mis-delivers a letter should we all boycott the postal service? The GWH has made mistakes in the past, should we never go to hospital again when our health requires it? We are all human, get a grip![/p][/quote]If a letter is mis-delivered a life is not in jeopardy, but of a stupid comment to ake. Nothing like the situation, at all. Yes, drowsiness during night if acceptable considering she was taking then, after a 12hour sleep surely the drowsiness shouldve gone? Jesus Christ, Swindon really has some stupid, uneducated people. shanaxo

10:10pm Wed 29 Jan 14

Swindonian1990 says...

This is brilliant.
Not only is the pharmacy open without legally having permission and it now gives out incorrect prescriptions too. Great work!
This is brilliant. Not only is the pharmacy open without legally having permission and it now gives out incorrect prescriptions too. Great work! Swindonian1990

12:03am Thu 30 Jan 14

mgs@swindon says...

I find it amazing that some people can be so quick to blame, but that is I suppose the compensation culture we live in,
1) If the pharmacy was ILLEGAL would they be allowed to administer drugs?
2)A lot of mis-information has been printed in the adver about this pharmacy
3) Checks are made when dispensing medication and on very rare occasions errors occur , and an investigation will have to take place because of this.
4) I,m sure as soon as this error was noticed and the patient informed by the pharmacist the first thing to do would have been to ask advice from the doctors at the Hawthorn centre about the wrong dosage not go to the press.
I find it amazing that some people can be so quick to blame, but that is I suppose the compensation culture we live in, 1) If the pharmacy was ILLEGAL would they be allowed to administer drugs? 2)A lot of mis-information has been printed in the adver about this pharmacy 3) Checks are made when dispensing medication and on very rare occasions errors occur , and an investigation will have to take place because of this. 4) I,m sure as soon as this error was noticed and the patient informed by the pharmacist the first thing to do would have been to ask advice from the doctors at the Hawthorn centre about the wrong dosage not go to the press. mgs@swindon

5:26pm Thu 30 Jan 14

rencol says...

you say they not illegal but why have they been served a enforcement notice by the council , they have not got the relevant planning permission. it sounds to me like you work there.
you say they not illegal but why have they been served a enforcement notice by the council , they have not got the relevant planning permission. it sounds to me like you work there. rencol

7:01pm Thu 30 Jan 14

Worked Hard says...

Good to see someone moaning about the free prescription they get at my expense for " depression " which is just another term for a way to get more benefit..... must be so hard sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle all day !
Good to see someone moaning about the free prescription they get at my expense for " depression " which is just another term for a way to get more benefit..... must be so hard sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle all day ! Worked Hard

11:24pm Thu 30 Jan 14

mgs@swindon says...

rencol wrote:
you say they not illegal but why have they been served a enforcement notice by the council , they have not got the relevant planning permission. it sounds to me like you work there.
Why have PLANNING permission for something that wasn't built ? now a change of use now that's a different matter,! But that hasn't been mentioned in the Adver articles that keep on quoting 'planning permission'. Apparently the Government have 'said' this is the way they want things to work, having pharmacy's and docs together, the local authority have said they don't and the business is kinda stick in the middle, the internal pharmacy was offered to the near one (on the corner of May close) by the Doctors surgery, but they didn't want it, And no I don't work there but I do work in care and have had to dispense medication and my Doc's is at Hawthorn centre, not that it should matter.
[quote][p][bold]rencol[/bold] wrote: you say they not illegal but why have they been served a enforcement notice by the council , they have not got the relevant planning permission. it sounds to me like you work there.[/p][/quote]Why have PLANNING permission for something that wasn't built ? now a change of use now that's a different matter,! But that hasn't been mentioned in the Adver articles that keep on quoting 'planning permission'. Apparently the Government have 'said' this is the way they want things to work, having pharmacy's and docs together, the local authority have said they don't and the business is kinda stick in the middle, the internal pharmacy was offered to the near one (on the corner of May close) by the Doctors surgery, but they didn't want it, And no I don't work there but I do work in care and have had to dispense medication and my Doc's is at Hawthorn centre, not that it should matter. mgs@swindon

11:28pm Thu 30 Jan 14

mgs@swindon says...

Worked Hard wrote:
Good to see someone moaning about the free prescription they get at my expense for " depression " which is just another term for a way to get more benefit..... must be so hard sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle all day !
Why have PLANNING permission for something that wasn't built ? now a change of use now that's a different matter,! But that hasn't been mentioned in the Adver articles that keep on quoting 'planning permission'. Apparently the Government have 'said' this is the way they want things to work, having pharmacy's and docs together, the local authority have said they don't and the business is kinda stick in the middle, the internal pharmacy was offered to the near one (on the corner of May close) by the Doctors surgery, but they didn't want it, And no I don't work there but I do work in care and have had to dispense medication and my Doc's is at Hawthorn centre, not that it should matter.
[quote][p][bold]Worked Hard[/bold] wrote: Good to see someone moaning about the free prescription they get at my expense for " depression " which is just another term for a way to get more benefit..... must be so hard sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle all day ![/p][/quote]Why have PLANNING permission for something that wasn't built ? now a change of use now that's a different matter,! But that hasn't been mentioned in the Adver articles that keep on quoting 'planning permission'. Apparently the Government have 'said' this is the way they want things to work, having pharmacy's and docs together, the local authority have said they don't and the business is kinda stick in the middle, the internal pharmacy was offered to the near one (on the corner of May close) by the Doctors surgery, but they didn't want it, And no I don't work there but I do work in care and have had to dispense medication and my Doc's is at Hawthorn centre, not that it should matter. mgs@swindon

11:44pm Thu 30 Jan 14

mgs@swindon says...

mgs@swindon wrote:
Worked Hard wrote:
Good to see someone moaning about the free prescription they get at my expense for " depression " which is just another term for a way to get more benefit..... must be so hard sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle all day !
Why have PLANNING permission for something that wasn't built ? now a change of use now that's a different matter,! But that hasn't been mentioned in the Adver articles that keep on quoting 'planning permission'. Apparently the Government have 'said' this is the way they want things to work, having pharmacy's and docs together, the local authority have said they don't and the business is kinda stick in the middle, the internal pharmacy was offered to the near one (on the corner of May close) by the Doctors surgery, but they didn't want it, And no I don't work there but I do work in care and have had to dispense medication and my Doc's is at Hawthorn centre, not that it should matter.
Furthermore, where does it infer in the article that this lady is on benefits??? I don't believe it mentions it either way and it is irrelevant whether she is or not. Anyone of us could be on medication for a vast number of reasons and it doesn't automatically mean that you are in receipt of benefits. I suppose All the people who are over 60 and don't pay regardless of earnings, are Jeremy Kyle watchers as well !!! (awful programme btw) It was an error on the part of the pharmacist and shouldn't have happened, it did. Procedures will be put in place because of this, as will happen whenever a drugs error is made, and thankfully it wasn't any worse than it was.
[quote][p][bold]mgs@swindon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Worked Hard[/bold] wrote: Good to see someone moaning about the free prescription they get at my expense for " depression " which is just another term for a way to get more benefit..... must be so hard sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle all day ![/p][/quote]Why have PLANNING permission for something that wasn't built ? now a change of use now that's a different matter,! But that hasn't been mentioned in the Adver articles that keep on quoting 'planning permission'. Apparently the Government have 'said' this is the way they want things to work, having pharmacy's and docs together, the local authority have said they don't and the business is kinda stick in the middle, the internal pharmacy was offered to the near one (on the corner of May close) by the Doctors surgery, but they didn't want it, And no I don't work there but I do work in care and have had to dispense medication and my Doc's is at Hawthorn centre, not that it should matter.[/p][/quote]Furthermore, where does it infer in the article that this lady is on benefits??? I don't believe it mentions it either way and it is irrelevant whether she is or not. Anyone of us could be on medication for a vast number of reasons and it doesn't automatically mean that you are in receipt of benefits. I suppose All the people who are over 60 and don't pay regardless of earnings, are Jeremy Kyle watchers as well !!! (awful programme btw) It was an error on the part of the pharmacist and shouldn't have happened, it did. Procedures will be put in place because of this, as will happen whenever a drugs error is made, and thankfully it wasn't any worse than it was. mgs@swindon

7:14am Fri 31 Jan 14

Worked Hard says...

Apologies, your right it doesn't infer that...... just assumed that it was the usual Adver content/subject mater!! Should probably read things properly first
Apologies, your right it doesn't infer that...... just assumed that it was the usual Adver content/subject mater!! Should probably read things properly first Worked Hard

7:30pm Fri 31 Jan 14

saintkota says...

The pharmacist did call the patient according to the story.
The pharmacist did call the patient according to the story. saintkota

7:41pm Fri 31 Jan 14

saintkota says...

... he/she should have done more than just calling. He probably did care enough.
... he/she should have done more than just calling. He probably did care enough. saintkota

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree