Swindon AdvertiserPolice will not check wi-fi deal (From Swindon Advertiser)

Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us

Police will not check wi-fi deal

Swindon Advertiser: Businessman Rikki Hunt Businessman Rikki Hunt

A MEETING of Swindon Council’s cabinet resolved not to formally refer the issue of the town’s wi-fi scandal to the police.

Last month a report was published by the scrutiny committee saying the council had been the victim of the sales skills of businessman Rikki Hunt, leading to the loss of a £400,000 council loan.

The decision on whether to make an official complaint to the police was deferred to the cabinet meting on Wednes-day night.

It emerged that last month that council leader David Renard (Con, Haydon Wick) and the council’s chief executive, Gavin Jones, contacted the police over the issue but they said they would not be carrying out any more investigations.

A Wiltshire Police spokesman said: “The allegations have been reviewed by Wiltshire Police and with the information available to them they will not be investigating the matter further.”

The police have been contacted on a number of occasions previously to see if there has been any wrong-doing but as there is insufficient evidence it has not been taken further.

Following on from this information it was decided by the cabinet not to make any further complaints to the police.

The motion passed also said that no further council time will be spent on the issue.

However, Coun Des Moffatt (Lab, Rodbourne Cheney), who wrote the report, said he felt it was a mistake not referring it to the police as some people would continue to blame the council.

He said: “This will not go away unless we lance the boil properly.

“In my opinion you are wrong in not making a formal complaint to the police.

“I do believe that to protect the council from further accusations then it is important for everyone to see that the police have made the decision not to prosecute.

“If we do not then there are those who will not let this drop.”

The report, which was completed last month, said that mistakes were made at the time as too much information was withheld to prevent it from being scrutinised.

This led to the loan being given to Digital City UK, of which Rikki Hunt was the managing director.

It criticised the decision to authorise £250,000 of the loan, saying that if council officers were in possession of all the information they have reached a different conclusion.

Rikki Hunt has denied any wrong-doing at any point over the failure of the scheme.

Comments (40)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:17am Fri 7 Feb 14

Al Smith says...

Afraid of what the police might dig-up? Pass it onto the police and let them decide if there is anything worth investigating, as politicians like telling us "if you've nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear".
Afraid of what the police might dig-up? Pass it onto the police and let them decide if there is anything worth investigating, as politicians like telling us "if you've nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear". Al Smith
  • Score: -3

8:14am Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...


“I do believe that to protect the council from further accusations then it is important for everyone to see that the police have made the decision not to prosecute."



A Wiltshire Police spokesman said: “The allegations have been reviewed by Wiltshire Police and with the information available to them they will not be investigating the matter further.”


The police have had the issue referred to them and decided not to even bother investigating it.

Labour have got what they want - the he police (or, rather, the CPS) have made the decision not to prosecute.
[quote] “I do believe that to protect the council from further accusations then it is important for everyone to see that the police have made the decision not to prosecute." [/quote] [quote] A Wiltshire Police spokesman said: “The allegations have been reviewed by Wiltshire Police and with the information available to them they will not be investigating the matter further.” [/quote] The police have had the issue referred to them and decided not to even bother investigating it. Labour have got what they want - the he police (or, rather, the CPS) have made the decision not to prosecute. ChannelX
  • Score: 6

8:25am Fri 7 Feb 14

house on the hill says...

So the CPS never get it wrong then???? Sorry but no smoke without fire, got away with it again as expected.
So the CPS never get it wrong then???? Sorry but no smoke without fire, got away with it again as expected. house on the hill
  • Score: 3

9:39am Fri 7 Feb 14

A.Baron-Cohen says...

steal £400K from the council you are hero, forget to pay £60 council tax and you go to Jail, don't we love our Police :-)
steal £400K from the council you are hero, forget to pay £60 council tax and you go to Jail, don't we love our Police :-) A.Baron-Cohen
  • Score: 3

9:44am Fri 7 Feb 14

Browne75 says...

And he piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it."
And he piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it." Browne75
  • Score: -4

9:46am Fri 7 Feb 14

Browne75 says...

He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it.
He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it. Browne75
  • Score: -5

10:14am Fri 7 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

There should be a full public enquiry into where the tax payers money went. This council of ours needs a complete overhaul with most of them removing
There should be a full public enquiry into where the tax payers money went. This council of ours needs a complete overhaul with most of them removing Davey Gravey
  • Score: -2

10:49am Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

A.Baron-Cohen wrote:
steal £400K from the council you are hero, forget to pay £60 council tax and you go to Jail, don't we love our Police :-)
One you can prove, one you can't - it's quite simple.
[quote][p][bold]A.Baron-Cohen[/bold] wrote: steal £400K from the council you are hero, forget to pay £60 council tax and you go to Jail, don't we love our Police :-)[/p][/quote]One you can prove, one you can't - it's quite simple. ChannelX
  • Score: 2

10:52am Fri 7 Feb 14

Dead Ringer says...

Tories are afraid that their total ineptitude will be on show to everyone.
This has lost them my vote.
Tories are afraid that their total ineptitude will be on show to everyone. This has lost them my vote. Dead Ringer
  • Score: -4

10:53am Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

house on the hill wrote:
So the CPS never get it wrong then???? Sorry but no smoke without fire, got away with it again as expected.
I didn't say that.

The problem here is that some people have already decided what's happened in their own minds.

If anyone was to be prosecuted over this and found not guilty, those same people would still just scream, 'Whitewash, they're guilty'.

The problem here is that I would imagine nothing *criminal* has actually taken place. Naive, yes. Stupid, yes. Cunning, yes. None of those things mean a criminal act has taken place.

As far as I can see it, a business man kept asking the council to give him money and the council kept giving it to him.

A complete charade, no question, but it's not actually illegal. After all, the council continues to give millions upon millions to companies and individuals that I'd rather they didn't.
[quote][p][bold]house on the hill[/bold] wrote: So the CPS never get it wrong then???? Sorry but no smoke without fire, got away with it again as expected.[/p][/quote]I didn't say that. The problem here is that some people have already decided what's happened in their own minds. If anyone was to be prosecuted over this and found not guilty, those same people would still just scream, 'Whitewash, they're guilty'. The problem here is that I would imagine nothing *criminal* has actually taken place. Naive, yes. Stupid, yes. Cunning, yes. None of those things mean a criminal act has taken place. As far as I can see it, a business man kept asking the council to give him money and the council kept giving it to him. A complete charade, no question, but it's not actually illegal. After all, the council continues to give millions upon millions to companies and individuals that I'd rather they didn't. ChannelX
  • Score: 3

11:17am Fri 7 Feb 14

A.Baron-Cohen says...

ChannelX wrote:
A.Baron-Cohen wrote:
steal £400K from the council you are hero, forget to pay £60 council tax and you go to Jail, don't we love our Police :-)
One you can prove, one you can't - it's quite simple.
For the sake of the Tory party, it would be better to try to prosecute, or at least to be seen as trying to clear the air, rather than whitewashing this whole affair as this is going to be politically damaging.
[quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A.Baron-Cohen[/bold] wrote: steal £400K from the council you are hero, forget to pay £60 council tax and you go to Jail, don't we love our Police :-)[/p][/quote]One you can prove, one you can't - it's quite simple.[/p][/quote]For the sake of the Tory party, it would be better to try to prosecute, or at least to be seen as trying to clear the air, rather than whitewashing this whole affair as this is going to be politically damaging. A.Baron-Cohen
  • Score: 3

11:26am Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

A.Baron-Cohen wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
A.Baron-Cohen wrote:
steal £400K from the council you are hero, forget to pay £60 council tax and you go to Jail, don't we love our Police :-)
One you can prove, one you can't - it's quite simple.
For the sake of the Tory party, it would be better to try to prosecute, or at least to be seen as trying to clear the air, rather than whitewashing this whole affair as this is going to be politically damaging.
For crying out loud, have you not read the article?

The police have publically and very clearly stated:


“The allegations have been reviewed by Wiltshire Police and with the information available to them they will not be investigating the matter further.”


You can't simply endlessly continue to demand that the police investigate something they've already said they will not be investigating. The only way something might change is if new evidence was forthcoming... and given they only people who may be in a position to supply such evidence, that ain't very likely, is it?
[quote][p][bold]A.Baron-Cohen[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A.Baron-Cohen[/bold] wrote: steal £400K from the council you are hero, forget to pay £60 council tax and you go to Jail, don't we love our Police :-)[/p][/quote]One you can prove, one you can't - it's quite simple.[/p][/quote]For the sake of the Tory party, it would be better to try to prosecute, or at least to be seen as trying to clear the air, rather than whitewashing this whole affair as this is going to be politically damaging.[/p][/quote]For crying out loud, have you not read the article? The police have publically and very clearly stated: [quote] “The allegations have been reviewed by Wiltshire Police and with the information available to them they will not be investigating the matter further.” [/quote] You can't simply endlessly continue to demand that the police investigate something they've already said they will not be investigating. The only way something might change is if new evidence was forthcoming... and given they only people who may be in a position to supply such evidence, that ain't very likely, is it? ChannelX
  • Score: 1

11:37am Fri 7 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?
Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that? Davey Gravey
  • Score: -5

12:28pm Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?
You?

You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here.

You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?[/p][/quote]You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them? ChannelX
  • Score: 2

12:43pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Mella_T says...

ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?
You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?
Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand.
[quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?[/p][/quote]You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?[/p][/quote]Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand. Mella_T
  • Score: 10

1:08pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

Mella_T wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?
You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?
Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand.
If you were the target of this type of cyber bullying would you ignore it or take it on?
As long as the thumbs are abused by channelx I'm going to highlight it. He multiple down votes my comments and multiple up votes his.
[quote][p][bold]Mella_T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?[/p][/quote]You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?[/p][/quote]Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand.[/p][/quote]If you were the target of this type of cyber bullying would you ignore it or take it on? As long as the thumbs are abused by channelx I'm going to highlight it. He multiple down votes my comments and multiple up votes his. Davey Gravey
  • Score: -6

1:33pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Mella_T says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
Mella_T wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?
You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?
Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand.
If you were the target of this type of cyber bullying would you ignore it or take it on? As long as the thumbs are abused by channelx I'm going to highlight it. He multiple down votes my comments and multiple up votes his.
I think the word "bullying" is a little strong in this circumstance, IMHO, and I speak as someone who has been physically and emotionally bullied in the past. However, my point was, the thumbs voting really is of no interest to the vast majority of us who read the stoires and the subsequent comments. However, in answer to your question, I would ignore it. If you let it get to you, the only person being hurt or bothered by it, is yourself.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mella_T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?[/p][/quote]You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?[/p][/quote]Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand.[/p][/quote]If you were the target of this type of cyber bullying would you ignore it or take it on? As long as the thumbs are abused by channelx I'm going to highlight it. He multiple down votes my comments and multiple up votes his.[/p][/quote]I think the word "bullying" is a little strong in this circumstance, IMHO, and I speak as someone who has been physically and emotionally bullied in the past. However, my point was, the thumbs voting really is of no interest to the vast majority of us who read the stoires and the subsequent comments. However, in answer to your question, I would ignore it. If you let it get to you, the only person being hurt or bothered by it, is yourself. Mella_T
  • Score: 9

1:38pm Fri 7 Feb 14

house on the hill says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
There should be a full public enquiry into where the tax payers money went. This council of ours needs a complete overhaul with most of them removing
And replacing with what? Its the system that allows them to have no knowledge or experience or accountability that is at fault. You get rid of all of them and just replace them with another bunch of monkeys!
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: There should be a full public enquiry into where the tax payers money went. This council of ours needs a complete overhaul with most of them removing[/p][/quote]And replacing with what? Its the system that allows them to have no knowledge or experience or accountability that is at fault. You get rid of all of them and just replace them with another bunch of monkeys! house on the hill
  • Score: 6

1:58pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

Mella_T wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
Mella_T wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?
You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?
Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand.
If you were the target of this type of cyber bullying would you ignore it or take it on? As long as the thumbs are abused by channelx I'm going to highlight it. He multiple down votes my comments and multiple up votes his.
I think the word "bullying" is a little strong in this circumstance, IMHO, and I speak as someone who has been physically and emotionally bullied in the past. However, my point was, the thumbs voting really is of no interest to the vast majority of us who read the stoires and the subsequent comments. However, in answer to your question, I would ignore it. If you let it get to you, the only person being hurt or bothered by it, is yourself.
I agree with you and have ignored it previously. But I have still been followed around the site after I comment with misquotes, lies and goading aimed at me along with the thumb tampering. Rather than ignore it I now highlight it. If I leave the site or stay quiet, he wins. Bullying shouldnt be tolerated and I wont be a victim of it.
[quote][p][bold]Mella_T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mella_T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?[/p][/quote]You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?[/p][/quote]Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand.[/p][/quote]If you were the target of this type of cyber bullying would you ignore it or take it on? As long as the thumbs are abused by channelx I'm going to highlight it. He multiple down votes my comments and multiple up votes his.[/p][/quote]I think the word "bullying" is a little strong in this circumstance, IMHO, and I speak as someone who has been physically and emotionally bullied in the past. However, my point was, the thumbs voting really is of no interest to the vast majority of us who read the stoires and the subsequent comments. However, in answer to your question, I would ignore it. If you let it get to you, the only person being hurt or bothered by it, is yourself.[/p][/quote]I agree with you and have ignored it previously. But I have still been followed around the site after I comment with misquotes, lies and goading aimed at me along with the thumb tampering. Rather than ignore it I now highlight it. If I leave the site or stay quiet, he wins. Bullying shouldnt be tolerated and I wont be a victim of it. Davey Gravey
  • Score: -5

2:28pm Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
Mella_T wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
Mella_T wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?
You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?
Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand.
If you were the target of this type of cyber bullying would you ignore it or take it on? As long as the thumbs are abused by channelx I'm going to highlight it. He multiple down votes my comments and multiple up votes his.
I think the word "bullying" is a little strong in this circumstance, IMHO, and I speak as someone who has been physically and emotionally bullied in the past. However, my point was, the thumbs voting really is of no interest to the vast majority of us who read the stoires and the subsequent comments. However, in answer to your question, I would ignore it. If you let it get to you, the only person being hurt or bothered by it, is yourself.
I agree with you and have ignored it previously. But I have still been followed around the site after I comment with misquotes, lies and goading aimed at me along with the thumb tampering. Rather than ignore it I now highlight it. If I leave the site or stay quiet, he wins. Bullying shouldnt be tolerated and I wont be a victim of it.
The only person who lies and bullies on this site is YOU, with your constant and unfounded (and slightly ridiculous) accusations of, ahem, 'thumb fiddling'.

A few meaningless votes don't go your way and all of a sudden you claim to be a victim of 'Cyber bullying'? As has been mentioned above, that is deeply insulting to those who actually are bullied, whether online or off.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mella_T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mella_T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Multiple thumbs up for one, multiple thumbs down for those they troll. All very quickly. Wonder who would do that?[/p][/quote]You? You're the only person who seems obsessed by counting votes on here. You do realise nobody else pays any notice to them?[/p][/quote]Totally agree! It's the comments that matter, not how many votes someone has got. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone is saying that I don't care - I don't even look at the "thumbs" because it is absolutely irrelevant to the story in hand.[/p][/quote]If you were the target of this type of cyber bullying would you ignore it or take it on? As long as the thumbs are abused by channelx I'm going to highlight it. He multiple down votes my comments and multiple up votes his.[/p][/quote]I think the word "bullying" is a little strong in this circumstance, IMHO, and I speak as someone who has been physically and emotionally bullied in the past. However, my point was, the thumbs voting really is of no interest to the vast majority of us who read the stoires and the subsequent comments. However, in answer to your question, I would ignore it. If you let it get to you, the only person being hurt or bothered by it, is yourself.[/p][/quote]I agree with you and have ignored it previously. But I have still been followed around the site after I comment with misquotes, lies and goading aimed at me along with the thumb tampering. Rather than ignore it I now highlight it. If I leave the site or stay quiet, he wins. Bullying shouldnt be tolerated and I wont be a victim of it.[/p][/quote]The only person who lies and bullies on this site is YOU, with your constant and unfounded (and slightly ridiculous) accusations of, ahem, 'thumb fiddling'. A few meaningless votes don't go your way and all of a sudden you claim to be a victim of 'Cyber bullying'? As has been mentioned above, that is deeply insulting to those who actually are bullied, whether online or off. ChannelX
  • Score: 4

2:38pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.
Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on. Davey Gravey
  • Score: -5

3:00pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Richard Symonds says...

I was there at the Special Scrutiny Meeting at which the Working Party presented their report and at the Cabinet Meeting at which this decision was taken. I don't think you were there Channel 1X were you? Were any other posters actually present at either?

Some Facts

Fact 1. The Working Party could not account for all the money and how it was spent.

Fact 2 The only way to find out in which way the money was spent would entail a subpoena from the Police to obtain the full Bank Records which were not available to the Working Party.

Fact 3 By eight votes to five the Scrutiny Committee recommended that these questions be addressed by the Police.

So have the Police obtained the full Bank Records and ascertained what happened to all the money or not?

I believe it is politically expedient for the Conservative Administration to wish to sweep this whole unsavoury business under the carpet and meanwhile this lost £400,000 becomes part of the £119.1 million that this council owes in debt and which attracts interest payments of £10m a year!!!

I do not believe that the Labour Party actually has the political will to pursue this matter to a final conclusion.
I was there at the Special Scrutiny Meeting at which the Working Party presented their report and at the Cabinet Meeting at which this decision was taken. I don't think you were there Channel 1X were you? Were any other posters actually present at either? Some Facts Fact 1. The Working Party could not account for all the money and how it was spent. Fact 2 The only way to find out in which way the money was spent would entail a subpoena from the Police to obtain the full Bank Records which were not available to the Working Party. Fact 3 By eight votes to five the Scrutiny Committee recommended that these questions be addressed by the Police. So have the Police obtained the full Bank Records and ascertained what happened to all the money or not? I believe it is politically expedient for the Conservative Administration to wish to sweep this whole unsavoury business under the carpet and meanwhile this lost £400,000 becomes part of the £119.1 million that this council owes in debt and which attracts interest payments of £10m a year!!! I do not believe that the Labour Party actually has the political will to pursue this matter to a final conclusion. Richard Symonds
  • Score: -4

3:15pm Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.
How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough?

You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree?

You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes.

As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.[/p][/quote]How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough? You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree? You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes. As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant. ChannelX
  • Score: 4

3:17pm Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

@Richard Symonds


I do not believe that the Labour Party actually has the political will to pursue this matter to a final conclusion.


Why not? Surely they'd love nothing more than to bring down the Tories?

Presumably the police have been made well aware of the 'facts' you listed - and have decided it's not worth investigating further.
@Richard Symonds [quote] I do not believe that the Labour Party actually has the political will to pursue this matter to a final conclusion. [/quote] Why not? Surely they'd love nothing more than to bring down the Tories? Presumably the police have been made well aware of the 'facts' you listed - and have decided it's not worth investigating further. ChannelX
  • Score: 2

3:31pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.
How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough?

You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree?

You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes.

As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant.
The vote tampering is just part of it as you well know. I also accept that people give me comments thumbs down and they often give them thumbs up too. I've already told you this, I've told you how I know that the thumbs get tampered with, just like I've also told you I'm not pro Labour and the other insults you repeat over and over again towards me.

I could name 4 other posters on here who have picked you up on your behaviour but won't drag others into it. It is all on this website anyway. Your denial of any wrong doing and then turning it against me is not going to change the facts.
[quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.[/p][/quote]How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough? You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree? You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes. As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant.[/p][/quote]The vote tampering is just part of it as you well know. I also accept that people give me comments thumbs down and they often give them thumbs up too. I've already told you this, I've told you how I know that the thumbs get tampered with, just like I've also told you I'm not pro Labour and the other insults you repeat over and over again towards me. I could name 4 other posters on here who have picked you up on your behaviour but won't drag others into it. It is all on this website anyway. Your denial of any wrong doing and then turning it against me is not going to change the facts. Davey Gravey
  • Score: -6

3:37pm Fri 7 Feb 14

FLOGGITLAD says...

you dont have to be a genius to figure out that a return of 700K on the money that digital city was operating on was not viable, to say the least, but chartered accountants in the council couldn't even see that, let alone the police..... or want to for that matter..
you dont have to be a genius to figure out that a return of 700K on the money that digital city was operating on was not viable, to say the least, but chartered accountants in the council couldn't even see that, let alone the police..... or want to for that matter.. FLOGGITLAD
  • Score: 4

3:39pm Fri 7 Feb 14

FLOGGITLAD says...

Also, why hasn't the notion to get the council full of independent councillors, who are there to serve the town and its daily issues, and not political pass the ball games every time..
Also, why hasn't the notion to get the council full of independent councillors, who are there to serve the town and its daily issues, and not political pass the ball games every time.. FLOGGITLAD
  • Score: 4

3:50pm Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.
How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough?

You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree?

You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes.

As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant.
The vote tampering is just part of it as you well know. I also accept that people give me comments thumbs down and they often give them thumbs up too. I've already told you this, I've told you how I know that the thumbs get tampered with, just like I've also told you I'm not pro Labour and the other insults you repeat over and over again towards me.

I could name 4 other posters on here who have picked you up on your behaviour but won't drag others into it. It is all on this website anyway. Your denial of any wrong doing and then turning it against me is not going to change the facts.
I really thing you have way too much time on your hands.

It's true that I rarely agree with your posts, but I couldn't care less how many votes you do or don't get - why would I?

You have convinced yourself that any negative votes for you must be due to somebody, somewhere, 'fiddling the thumbs'.

Don't you realise how ridiculous that sounds?
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.[/p][/quote]How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough? You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree? You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes. As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant.[/p][/quote]The vote tampering is just part of it as you well know. I also accept that people give me comments thumbs down and they often give them thumbs up too. I've already told you this, I've told you how I know that the thumbs get tampered with, just like I've also told you I'm not pro Labour and the other insults you repeat over and over again towards me. I could name 4 other posters on here who have picked you up on your behaviour but won't drag others into it. It is all on this website anyway. Your denial of any wrong doing and then turning it against me is not going to change the facts.[/p][/quote]I really thing you have way too much time on your hands. It's true that I rarely agree with your posts, but I couldn't care less how many votes you do or don't get - why would I? You have convinced yourself that any negative votes for you must be due to somebody, somewhere, 'fiddling the thumbs'. Don't you realise how ridiculous that sounds? ChannelX
  • Score: 5

4:05pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.
How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough?

You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree?

You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes.

As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant.
The vote tampering is just part of it as you well know. I also accept that people give me comments thumbs down and they often give them thumbs up too. I've already told you this, I've told you how I know that the thumbs get tampered with, just like I've also told you I'm not pro Labour and the other insults you repeat over and over again towards me.

I could name 4 other posters on here who have picked you up on your behaviour but won't drag others into it. It is all on this website anyway. Your denial of any wrong doing and then turning it against me is not going to change the facts.
I really thing you have way too much time on your hands.

It's true that I rarely agree with your posts, but I couldn't care less how many votes you do or don't get - why would I?

You have convinced yourself that any negative votes for you must be due to somebody, somewhere, 'fiddling the thumbs'.

Don't you realise how ridiculous that sounds?
Ok then, leaving the thumbs aside, Why do you continually misquote me, goad me after i've made a comment, aim numerous Labour party insults at me despite me explaining to you over and over again that I am nothing to do with them.
[quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.[/p][/quote]How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough? You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree? You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes. As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant.[/p][/quote]The vote tampering is just part of it as you well know. I also accept that people give me comments thumbs down and they often give them thumbs up too. I've already told you this, I've told you how I know that the thumbs get tampered with, just like I've also told you I'm not pro Labour and the other insults you repeat over and over again towards me. I could name 4 other posters on here who have picked you up on your behaviour but won't drag others into it. It is all on this website anyway. Your denial of any wrong doing and then turning it against me is not going to change the facts.[/p][/quote]I really thing you have way too much time on your hands. It's true that I rarely agree with your posts, but I couldn't care less how many votes you do or don't get - why would I? You have convinced yourself that any negative votes for you must be due to somebody, somewhere, 'fiddling the thumbs'. Don't you realise how ridiculous that sounds?[/p][/quote]Ok then, leaving the thumbs aside, Why do you continually misquote me, goad me after i've made a comment, aim numerous Labour party insults at me despite me explaining to you over and over again that I am nothing to do with them. Davey Gravey
  • Score: -3

4:12pm Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Davey Gravey wrote:
Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.
How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough?

You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree?

You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes.

As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant.
The vote tampering is just part of it as you well know. I also accept that people give me comments thumbs down and they often give them thumbs up too. I've already told you this, I've told you how I know that the thumbs get tampered with, just like I've also told you I'm not pro Labour and the other insults you repeat over and over again towards me.

I could name 4 other posters on here who have picked you up on your behaviour but won't drag others into it. It is all on this website anyway. Your denial of any wrong doing and then turning it against me is not going to change the facts.
I really thing you have way too much time on your hands.

It's true that I rarely agree with your posts, but I couldn't care less how many votes you do or don't get - why would I?

You have convinced yourself that any negative votes for you must be due to somebody, somewhere, 'fiddling the thumbs'.

Don't you realise how ridiculous that sounds?
Ok then, leaving the thumbs aside, Why do you continually misquote me, goad me after i've made a comment, aim numerous Labour party insults at me despite me explaining to you over and over again that I am nothing to do with them.
Do you even read your own posts?

I'm sick to death of your 'thumbs' nonsense so won't even bother correcting you on that subject anymore - you just keep wittering away to yourself about 'fiddling, as if anyone cares (but you).

As I've clearly explained to you before, I have never misquoted you, I have merely repeated what you've said and you've then realised I'm right about what you've said.

You claim not to support the Labour party but routinely and consistently post views that are very obviously and undeniably left-wing. You often take the side of Labour councillors and others who support Labour and spend all of your time slagging off what you like to refer to as 'toffs', 'the rich', 'fat cats', 'Tories' and basically come across sounding like Millie Tant from Viz but in (I assume) male form.

It's hardly my fault that you are what you are, but what is interesting is why you continually deny you are what you are. It's not as if your posts don't make it abundantly clear to anyone who bothers to read them.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Couldn't care less of I got -100 thumbs to every comment I make if 100 people diagreed with my comment. That isn't what happens though. There is also countless examples on this website of the misquotes, lies, continual insults that have been corrected previously but continue, etc etc. Plenty have picked up on it and regular readers if this site know exactly what goes on.[/p][/quote]How on EARTH do you KNOW how many people do or don't agree with your comments enough? You always just assume that when you're voted down it must be somebody 'fiddling' with the voting. Have you ever not thought that it's because people reading your posts don't agree? You *claim* you 'couldn't care less' about minus votes but then post about 'fiddling' every time you receive minus votes. As for your views being down voted being 'cyber bullying', you should seriously consider apologising for such an insensitive statement. There are people who are genuinely bullied online and for you to trivialise that by comparing it to you receiving a couple of entirely meaningless votes on this website is fairly repugnant.[/p][/quote]The vote tampering is just part of it as you well know. I also accept that people give me comments thumbs down and they often give them thumbs up too. I've already told you this, I've told you how I know that the thumbs get tampered with, just like I've also told you I'm not pro Labour and the other insults you repeat over and over again towards me. I could name 4 other posters on here who have picked you up on your behaviour but won't drag others into it. It is all on this website anyway. Your denial of any wrong doing and then turning it against me is not going to change the facts.[/p][/quote]I really thing you have way too much time on your hands. It's true that I rarely agree with your posts, but I couldn't care less how many votes you do or don't get - why would I? You have convinced yourself that any negative votes for you must be due to somebody, somewhere, 'fiddling the thumbs'. Don't you realise how ridiculous that sounds?[/p][/quote]Ok then, leaving the thumbs aside, Why do you continually misquote me, goad me after i've made a comment, aim numerous Labour party insults at me despite me explaining to you over and over again that I am nothing to do with them.[/p][/quote]Do you even read your own posts? I'm sick to death of your 'thumbs' nonsense so won't even bother correcting you on that subject anymore - you just keep wittering away to yourself about 'fiddling, as if anyone cares (but you). As I've clearly explained to you before, I have never misquoted you, I have merely repeated what you've said and you've then realised I'm right about what you've said. You claim not to support the Labour party but routinely and consistently post views that are very obviously and undeniably left-wing. You often take the side of Labour councillors and others who support Labour and spend all of your time slagging off what you like to refer to as 'toffs', 'the rich', 'fat cats', 'Tories' and basically come across sounding like Millie Tant from Viz but in (I assume) male form. It's hardly my fault that you are what you are, but what is interesting is why you continually deny you are what you are. It's not as if your posts don't make it abundantly clear to anyone who bothers to read them. ChannelX
  • Score: 1

4:21pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Davey Gravey says...

Jeez, Why do I bother. A calculating nutter denying what is readily available to view on this website. Then trying to make out i'm the one with the problem. hahaha. Bonkers
The thumb manipulation has been noted by others. Are they all wrong too. Are their finding ridiculous aswell?
Jeez, Why do I bother. A calculating nutter denying what is readily available to view on this website. Then trying to make out i'm the one with the problem. hahaha. Bonkers The thumb manipulation has been noted by others. Are they all wrong too. Are their finding ridiculous aswell? Davey Gravey
  • Score: -2

4:39pm Fri 7 Feb 14

house on the hill says...

FLOGGITLAD wrote:
Also, why hasn't the notion to get the council full of independent councillors, who are there to serve the town and its daily issues, and not political pass the ball games every time..
I would vote for that....... take politics out of the council and run it for the benefit of the town rather than those who dont even live here. That is true localism.....
[quote][p][bold]FLOGGITLAD[/bold] wrote: Also, why hasn't the notion to get the council full of independent councillors, who are there to serve the town and its daily issues, and not political pass the ball games every time..[/p][/quote]I would vote for that....... take politics out of the council and run it for the benefit of the town rather than those who dont even live here. That is true localism..... house on the hill
  • Score: 2

4:50pm Fri 7 Feb 14

candid friend says...

Several leading members of the Tory Group are suspected of being in this
"up to their necks", little surprise then , that there is no attempt to have an outside inquiry into this sordid affair.
This scandal is what we know about. What else has been concealed during this disastrous period of Tory rule?
The" businesslike and efficient party" they must be joking!!
If only the local Labour Party offered an honest and efficient alternative.
Problem is they don;t!
Several leading members of the Tory Group are suspected of being in this "up to their necks", little surprise then , that there is no attempt to have an outside inquiry into this sordid affair. This scandal is what we know about. What else has been concealed during this disastrous period of Tory rule? The" businesslike and efficient party" they must be joking!! If only the local Labour Party offered an honest and efficient alternative. Problem is they don;t! candid friend
  • Score: -1

4:58pm Fri 7 Feb 14

ChannelX says...

Davey Gravey wrote:
Jeez, Why do I bother. A calculating nutter denying what is readily available to view on this website. Then trying to make out i'm the one with the problem. hahaha. Bonkers
The thumb manipulation has been noted by others. Are they all wrong too. Are their finding ridiculous aswell?
Nobody has mentioned 'thumb fiddling' other than you - and then a couple of others who thought it'd be a laugh to join in.

It's absolute insanity. Why would ANYONE bother? What do you think it would gain?

NOBODY CARES.

But what people are sick to death of is you ruining threads by clogging them up with this paranoid gibberish of yours.
[quote][p][bold]Davey Gravey[/bold] wrote: Jeez, Why do I bother. A calculating nutter denying what is readily available to view on this website. Then trying to make out i'm the one with the problem. hahaha. Bonkers The thumb manipulation has been noted by others. Are they all wrong too. Are their finding ridiculous aswell?[/p][/quote]Nobody has mentioned 'thumb fiddling' other than you - and then a couple of others who thought it'd be a laugh to join in. It's absolute insanity. Why would ANYONE bother? What do you think it would gain? NOBODY CARES. But what people are sick to death of is you ruining threads by clogging them up with this paranoid gibberish of yours. ChannelX
  • Score: 3

10:03pm Fri 7 Feb 14

faatmaan says...

why is their no official investigation by the Audit Office, we are talking misappropriation of public funds, or does this go on a regular basis ?
why is their no official investigation by the Audit Office, we are talking misappropriation of public funds, or does this go on a regular basis ? faatmaan
  • Score: -1

11:39am Sat 8 Feb 14

FLOGGITLAD says...

faatman,
its called the old boys act, and you scartch my back and Ill scratch yours......
faatman, its called the old boys act, and you scartch my back and Ill scratch yours...... FLOGGITLAD
  • Score: 1

11:12pm Sat 8 Feb 14

1 2 Could B says...

I've been regularly bothered by ChannelX also.
I even had to change my login because of it.

I suspect he fiddles the thumb system too.

I've also been accused of being pro-Labour by the troll, despite him knowing that I am not connected with any political persuasion
I've been regularly bothered by ChannelX also. I even had to change my login because of it. I suspect he fiddles the thumb system too. I've also been accused of being pro-Labour by the troll, despite him knowing that I am not connected with any political persuasion 1 2 Could B
  • Score: -2

5:30pm Sun 9 Feb 14

candid friend says...

No response yet from the council!
Are they hoping that this will be quickly forgotten about?
No response yet from the council! Are they hoping that this will be quickly forgotten about? candid friend
  • Score: 0

6:23pm Sun 9 Feb 14

FLOGGITLAD says...

all depends on how many tax payers think it is right that someone should be held to court to pay for this fiasco, and not in a confidential way either..
all depends on how many tax payers think it is right that someone should be held to court to pay for this fiasco, and not in a confidential way either.. FLOGGITLAD
  • Score: 0

3:55pm Fri 7 Mar 14

candid friend says...

There is the whiff of corruption around the Council since the Tories got control.
The way to dissipate it, is to have a proper independent inquiry into the Wi-Fi affair ,and the relationships of Councillors to actual, and potential developers in other parts of the Town.
If nothing is found, fine, but the blocking of further action on the Wi-Fi affair by Councillors,who might have something to hide, does not inspire confidence.
There is the whiff of corruption around the Council since the Tories got control. The way to dissipate it, is to have a proper independent inquiry into the Wi-Fi affair ,and the relationships of Councillors to actual, and potential developers in other parts of the Town. If nothing is found, fine, but the blocking of further action on the Wi-Fi affair by Councillors,who might have something to hide, does not inspire confidence. candid friend
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree