THE Duchess of Cornwall has given her full support to the Adver’s 160 appeal to raise £160,000 for Prospect Hospice.
Camilla, who was named president of the hospice back in September last year, has written a letter to Adver editor Gary Lawrence, wishing the paper well in reaching the fundraising target during the paper’s 160th year.
The letter from Clarence House reads: “Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall sends her very best wishes to you and your staff in celebrating 160 years of the Swindon Advertiser and The Duchess is delighted to hear that your newspaper is supporting Prospect Hospice with a special appeal.”
The Duchess also sent a special hamper to help with fundraising efforts to be auctioned at a later date.
Prospect Hospice chief executive Angela Jordan said: “We were delighted that HRH the Duchess of Cornwall accepted our invitation to become our president last year and we are even more delighted that she has backed the 160 appeal.
“When she came to Prospect Hospice we were impressed by her natural empathy for the work we do and she created an immediate rapport with the patients that she spoke with, chatting with them first and foremost as people, rather than as patients.”
There’s lots of ways you can get involved and raise money for Prospect Hospice through our 160 appeal.
The annual Walk of Memories, which takes place this Sunday, is still open for registration by phone this week, to enable anyone who will be tempted by the delights of an early Spring walk in the glorious grounds of Buscot Park to make the most of this rare opportunity.
Registration is £8 per person (£3 for under-16s) and participants are asked to try to raise what they can in sponsorship. For more information visit www.prospect-hospice.net
- Parachute for Prospect, March 2, Redlands Airfield. Registration £50, minimum sponsorship £355
- Walk of Memories, March 9, Buscot Park. Registration £8 adults, £3 under 16s, suggested sponsorship £80
- Prospect’s Big Bike, April 27, Nationwide Pavilion. Registration £15, suggested sponsorship £100
- Sunday Walkies, May 18, Marlborough Cricket Club. Registration £8, suggested sponsorship £80
- Dartmoor Weekend Trek, May 30-June 1. Registration £50, suggested sponsorship £350
- Starlight Walk, June 28. Registration from £12, suggested sponsorship £100
- The Big Swim, July 12, Bowmoor Sailing Club, Lechlade. Registration £20, suggested sponsorship £100.
- Avebury Rocks, July 13. Tickets £25, 14s and under £12, suggested sponsorship for walkers £50.
- Garden Fete, September 6, Prospect grounds.
- Full length and fabulous ball, September 27, Steam Museum.
- Fire and Glass Walk, November 2, Alexandra House. Registration £30, suggested sponsorship £150.
- Let’s Dance, November 28. Registration £35, suggested sponsorship £250.