Dempsey steps down from council post in bid to unseat Tomlinson

Mark Dempsey

Mark Dempsey

First published in News

COUNCILLOR Mark Dempsey, Deputy Leader of the Labour group at Swindon Council, has announced his immediate resignation of the post and decision to not contest his council seat in Walcot and Park North next year.

Coun Dempsey hopes the decision will enable him to concentrate on his campaign to unseat Justin Tomlinson MP in next year’s general election.

Coun Dempsey said: “I am standing down as Deputy Leader of the Labour group and will not seek reselection as a Councillor to concentrate my focus and energy on my campaign to be the Labour MP for North Swindon in next year’s general election.”

Coun Dempsey has been a councillor since 2010 and Deputy Leader of the Labour Group since 2011.

“I would like to thank my fellow Councillors in Walcot and Park North; and the many members of the community that we have worked in partnership with,” he added.

“I am proud to have helped build a better future for my ward and fulfilled my promises to open a new youth club, make real progress with the regeneration of Cavendish Square and Sussex Square, and achieve major repairs to our local roads including Kingswood Avenue and Frobisher Drive. It proves that politics can make a difference. I will continue to work hard as an active councillor until my term expires in May next year.

“As Labour’s candidate I want to build a better future for North Swindon. My priorities are a new economic plan to tackle youth unemployment, rebuild our local economy and support the businesses of the future. I want action to kick start the regeneration of Swindon town centre; based on our railway heritage. And I will campaign for a University for Swindon and a new school for North Swindon to unlock the talents of local people. I believe that together we can build a better future for our town."

Comments (39)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:56pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Ollie Dognacky says...

Smashing.
He is the only councillor that I ever saw represent public opinion in the council chamber 👍👍👍👍
Smashing. He is the only councillor that I ever saw represent public opinion in the council chamber 👍👍👍👍 Ollie Dognacky
  • Score: -4

1:05pm Thu 12 Jun 14

The Real Librarian says...

Is old B'Anne'dwaggon Snellgrove still the candidate for Swindon South?

Nice easy choice coming up . . .
Is old B'Anne'dwaggon Snellgrove still the candidate for Swindon South? Nice easy choice coming up . . . The Real Librarian
  • Score: 7

1:18pm Thu 12 Jun 14

The Artist formally known as Grumpy Old Man says...

No pledge to stop the rampant building in North Swindon then, or to do something about the massive infrastructure issues in the area.
No pledge to stop the rampant building in North Swindon then, or to do something about the massive infrastructure issues in the area. The Artist formally known as Grumpy Old Man
  • Score: 3

1:26pm Thu 12 Jun 14

stfcdod says...

You've got as much chance as Snelgrove mate. Zilch. Do you people really believe that the British public have forgotten what your party did to this country, just a few short years ago.
You've got as much chance as Snelgrove mate. Zilch. Do you people really believe that the British public have forgotten what your party did to this country, just a few short years ago. stfcdod
  • Score: 22

2:14pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Davey Gravey says...

Should make things interesting. Should be a good battle next May. Tomlinson is certainly losing favour lately with his constant dressing things up and diversion tactics.
Should make things interesting. Should be a good battle next May. Tomlinson is certainly losing favour lately with his constant dressing things up and diversion tactics. Davey Gravey
  • Score: -2

3:29pm Thu 12 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

After four long years of real effort and proper, grown up government, the current government have finally got the economy back on track and are starting to undo some of the devastation left behind by the last Labour government.

It's going to take many more years to correct that 13 year period of disastrous economic policy, uncontrolled immigration, illegal wars and horrendous over-spending and debt stockpiling.

The good people of Swindon deserve better than to be plunged back into the socialist nightmare - that always has failed and always will fail - by the liked of Dempsey and Snelgrove.

Remember, Blair and Gordon Brown? Well, it's almost impossible to imagine, but Red Ed Miliband would be even worse as prime minister.

Labour? Never again.
After four long years of real effort and proper, grown up government, the current government have finally got the economy back on track and are starting to undo some of the devastation left behind by the last Labour government. It's going to take many more years to correct that 13 year period of disastrous economic policy, uncontrolled immigration, illegal wars and horrendous over-spending and debt stockpiling. The good people of Swindon deserve better than to be plunged back into the socialist nightmare - that always has failed and always will fail - by the liked of Dempsey and Snelgrove. Remember, Blair and Gordon Brown? Well, it's almost impossible to imagine, but Red Ed Miliband would be even worse as prime minister. Labour? Never again. ChannelX
  • Score: 9

3:40pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Richard Symonds says...

This is 'old' news as those of us who went to Mayor Making on Friday noticed it was Junab Ali who was sat next to Jim Grant, Mark Dempsey, who I seem to recall was not even present!!

It s good to see Channel 0.1 commenting from his side of the chamber on his unique perspective on events.!
This is 'old' news as those of us who went to Mayor Making on Friday noticed it was Junab Ali who was sat next to Jim Grant, Mark Dempsey, who I seem to recall was not even present!! It s good to see Channel 0.1 commenting from his side of the chamber on his unique perspective on events.! Richard Symonds
  • Score: -6

3:53pm Thu 12 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

Richard Symonds wrote:
This is 'old' news as those of us who went to Mayor Making on Friday noticed it was Junab Ali who was sat next to Jim Grant, Mark Dempsey, who I seem to recall was not even present!!

It s good to see Channel 0.1 commenting from his side of the chamber on his unique perspective on events.!
Employment up, unemployment down, larger than forecast growth in the manufacturing sector, the economy slowly gaining momentum... while I can see why the Left aren't at all happy about things finally getting better in Britain, the facts are documents, published and undeniable.

Meanwhile, Miliband can't even eat a sandwich without looking decidedly odd.

Labour have nothing to offer this country, they proved that quite conclusively during their last abysmal attempt at running things.

Locally, they've amounted to nothing. Despite the Tories virtually handing the council to them on a plate, they actually managed to go backwards and somehow LOST a seat!

Hopeless, both nationally and in Swindon.
[quote][p][bold]Richard Symonds[/bold] wrote: This is 'old' news as those of us who went to Mayor Making on Friday noticed it was Junab Ali who was sat next to Jim Grant, Mark Dempsey, who I seem to recall was not even present!! It s good to see Channel 0.1 commenting from his side of the chamber on his unique perspective on events.![/p][/quote]Employment up, unemployment down, larger than forecast growth in the manufacturing sector, the economy slowly gaining momentum... while I can see why the Left aren't at all happy about things finally getting better in Britain, the facts are documents, published and undeniable. Meanwhile, Miliband can't even eat a sandwich without looking decidedly odd. Labour have nothing to offer this country, they proved that quite conclusively during their last abysmal attempt at running things. Locally, they've amounted to nothing. Despite the Tories virtually handing the council to them on a plate, they actually managed to go backwards and somehow LOST a seat! Hopeless, both nationally and in Swindon. ChannelX
  • Score: 7

3:59pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Spurs Fan says...

ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional.
ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional. Spurs Fan
  • Score: -6

4:52pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Hmmmf says...

Spurs Fan wrote:
ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional.

Interesting post.
Immigration up because of the EU, and Labour's failure to apply limits on eastern Europe as finally admitted by Jack Straw.
Extremism rampant in schools now that militant immigrants are in positions of power thanks to Labour's positive discrimination and letting them all in in the first place. What did Labour think would happen years down the line?
Benefits system in meltdown because Labour encouraged the entitlement culture and enjoy giving other people's money away to anyone they think might vote for them.
At least you admit there's an economic recovery, which is nice considering there was economic failure when Labour were in power. Someone has to work to pay the taxes needed to fill in the holes Labour made.
Housing bubble? Better than the complete collapse of the market which happened under the Brown/Blair government. Remind us again who was Chancellor for 11 years and could've done something about financial regulation, but chose not to?
NHS? Desperately in need of reform, not Labour's usual answer of throwing other people's money at problems in the hope they'll go away.
Tony Blair. Gordon Brown. John Prescott.
Labour? Never again.
[quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional.[/quote] Interesting post. Immigration up because of the EU, and Labour's failure to apply limits on eastern Europe as finally admitted by Jack Straw. Extremism rampant in schools now that militant immigrants are in positions of power thanks to Labour's positive discrimination and letting them all in in the first place. What did Labour think would happen years down the line? Benefits system in meltdown because Labour encouraged the entitlement culture and enjoy giving other people's money away to anyone they think might vote for them. At least you admit there's an economic recovery, which is nice considering there was economic failure when Labour were in power. Someone has to work to pay the taxes needed to fill in the holes Labour made. Housing bubble? Better than the complete collapse of the market which happened under the Brown/Blair government. Remind us again who was Chancellor for 11 years and could've done something about financial regulation, but chose not to? NHS? Desperately in need of reform, not Labour's usual answer of throwing other people's money at problems in the hope they'll go away. Tony Blair. Gordon Brown. John Prescott. Labour? Never again. Hmmmf
  • Score: 19

5:35pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Ollie Dognacky says...

Since when did Ed Milliband or Dave Cameron have a seat on SWINDON council???
It's not Westminster. It's Euclid Street SWINDON.
About time Channel0 got a grip of reality.
Wouldn't do any harm if he also found a hobby and met some real people, instead of festering around these comment sections all day every day
Since when did Ed Milliband or Dave Cameron have a seat on SWINDON council??? It's not Westminster. It's Euclid Street SWINDON. About time Channel0 got a grip of reality. Wouldn't do any harm if he also found a hobby and met some real people, instead of festering around these comment sections all day every day Ollie Dognacky
  • Score: 3

5:51pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Spurs Fan says...

Hmmmf - Why do you say that Labour let "all of the immigrants in the first place"? This country has always admitted people from all over the world. One of the biggest influxes of immigrants into the UK was under Heath's government of the 70s. Gove knew four years ago what was happening in Birmingham - he chose do do nothing. Not Labour's fault, not Blair's or Brown's fault Gove's fault!

Benefits system in meltdown because IDS has rushed reform against the advice of senior civil servants. Used ATOS as the instrument of failed reform only to find they have no capacity or will to do has contracted to do. Again not Labour's fault it's IDS to blame.

The housing bubble being created by a skewed recovery mainly centered on London and a help to buy scheme that is available on houses only millionaires can afford (Why have help on mortgages up to £600K) again this is Osborne's policy not that of Labour.

You finally say that Labour left the banks under regulated. Google Osborne's Dublin speech of 2006. You'll find he was calling at that time for more deregulation of the banking sector modelled on Ireland's economy. It's only with hindsight that Osborne has called for tighter regulation.

In effect I am saying that the Tory's since 2010 have not governed as ChannelX said in his post in a "grown up way" They have been guilty of poor governance but with your rose tinted spectacles you don't see it either!
Hmmmf - Why do you say that Labour let "all of the immigrants in the first place"? This country has always admitted people from all over the world. One of the biggest influxes of immigrants into the UK was under Heath's government of the 70s. Gove knew four years ago what was happening in Birmingham - he chose do do nothing. Not Labour's fault, not Blair's or Brown's fault Gove's fault! Benefits system in meltdown because IDS has rushed reform against the advice of senior civil servants. Used ATOS as the instrument of failed reform only to find they have no capacity or will to do has contracted to do. Again not Labour's fault it's IDS to blame. The housing bubble being created by a skewed recovery mainly centered on London and a help to buy scheme that is available on houses only millionaires can afford (Why have help on mortgages up to £600K) again this is Osborne's policy not that of Labour. You finally say that Labour left the banks under regulated. Google Osborne's Dublin speech of 2006. You'll find he was calling at that time for more deregulation of the banking sector modelled on Ireland's economy. It's only with hindsight that Osborne has called for tighter regulation. In effect I am saying that the Tory's since 2010 have not governed as ChannelX said in his post in a "grown up way" They have been guilty of poor governance but with your rose tinted spectacles you don't see it either! Spurs Fan
  • Score: -7

8:22pm Thu 12 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

Spurs Fan wrote:
ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional.
Agreed... all those problems are something that cannot now be undone thanks to Labour.

Tell us, how can we restrict immigrants from the EU? Then tell us who signed us up to that.

Labour? Never again.
[quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional.[/p][/quote]Agreed... all those problems are something that cannot now be undone thanks to Labour. Tell us, how can we restrict immigrants from the EU? Then tell us who signed us up to that. Labour? Never again. ChannelX
  • Score: 8

8:25pm Thu 12 Jun 14

beach1e says...

How about pushing for money that was set aside for North Swindon being spent on North Swindon ie infrastructure? improved roads into the town centre?...and how about making the council make better efforts to get back the money it gave to its chum for the wifi con?
How about pushing for money that was set aside for North Swindon being spent on North Swindon ie infrastructure? improved roads into the town centre?...and how about making the council make better efforts to get back the money it gave to its chum for the wifi con? beach1e
  • Score: 10

10:38pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Morsey says...

That's something you need to ask the Tories, they distribute the funds!
That's something you need to ask the Tories, they distribute the funds! Morsey
  • Score: 0

11:26pm Thu 12 Jun 14

anotherimigrant says...

beach1e wrote:
How about pushing for money that was set aside for North Swindon being spent on North Swindon ie infrastructure? improved roads into the town centre?...and how about making the council make better efforts to get back the money it gave to its chum for the wifi con?
Infrastructure money, your havin a larf m8. that's gone, pension fund was done in again this year and all extra monies are going in the pension pot.

The clown skool doesn't want you to drive into town, even though it BORROWED 8+ million to build a car park for Chelsea tractors, that cant be accessed without driving all around the block with three sets of light set for the bus company, that loses money and cant pay it's way, but all the buses are new and the pay to drive one is fantastic.

They want you to use the bus, only it,s cheaper to use the car park and the park and ride is,.... sorry shut..... and that cost 1.5 million to install, but the pikeys made money from the pipework they ripped out. so atleast someone is happy, shame it,s a **** though.
[quote][p][bold]beach1e[/bold] wrote: How about pushing for money that was set aside for North Swindon being spent on North Swindon ie infrastructure? improved roads into the town centre?...and how about making the council make better efforts to get back the money it gave to its chum for the wifi con?[/p][/quote]Infrastructure money, your havin a larf m8. that's gone, pension fund was done in again this year and all extra monies are going in the pension pot. The clown skool doesn't want you to drive into town, even though it BORROWED 8+ million to build a car park for Chelsea tractors, that cant be accessed without driving all around the block with three sets of light set for the bus company, that loses money and cant pay it's way, but all the buses are new and the pay to drive one is fantastic. They want you to use the bus, only it,s cheaper to use the car park and the park and ride is,.... sorry shut..... and that cost 1.5 million to install, but the pikeys made money from the pipework they ripped out. so atleast someone is happy, shame it,s a **** though. anotherimigrant
  • Score: 10

4:29am Fri 13 Jun 14

REDROM says...

****
**** REDROM
  • Score: -1

8:19am Fri 13 Jun 14

Spurs Fan says...

Channelx I think you will find that Ted Heath's Conservative govt of 70-74 signed us into the EEC. So in answer to your question your lot are ultimately responsible for immigration from the European Union.
Channelx I think you will find that Ted Heath's Conservative govt of 70-74 signed us into the EEC. So in answer to your question your lot are ultimately responsible for immigration from the European Union. Spurs Fan
  • Score: -3

10:22am Fri 13 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

Spurs Fan wrote:
Channelx I think you will find that Ted Heath's Conservative govt of 70-74 signed us into the EEC. So in answer to your question your lot are ultimately responsible for immigration from the European Union.
Two completely different things, as you well know.

Or, maybe you don't, as you don't seem able to face the facts about what your beloved socialists have done to this country.

Labour pretty much destroyed the nation. It's going to take many decades to patch things up and get us back to where we were prior to Blair and Brown's disastrous efforts.
[quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: Channelx I think you will find that Ted Heath's Conservative govt of 70-74 signed us into the EEC. So in answer to your question your lot are ultimately responsible for immigration from the European Union.[/p][/quote]Two completely different things, as you well know. Or, maybe you don't, as you don't seem able to face the facts about what your beloved socialists have done to this country. Labour pretty much destroyed the nation. It's going to take many decades to patch things up and get us back to where we were prior to Blair and Brown's disastrous efforts. ChannelX
  • Score: 2

10:29am Fri 13 Jun 14

Spurs Fan says...

Channelx please explain your logic. You are very quick to dismiss or ask questions and very bad at answering them. Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact!

Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes.
Channelx please explain your logic. You are very quick to dismiss or ask questions and very bad at answering them. Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact! Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes. Spurs Fan
  • Score: 2

11:51am Fri 13 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

Spurs Fan wrote:
Channelx please explain your logic. You are very quick to dismiss or ask questions and very bad at answering them. Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact!

Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes.

Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the Treaty enshrined in Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and developed by EU secondary legislation and the Case law of the Court of Justice


Article 45 of the Lisbon Treaty only came into law on 1 December 2009.

Who was in government then, Spurs Fan?

Why is it that you, and your Left-wing cronies, always blather on in the most hyperbolic terms about anything non-Left-wing, and yet always describe anyone who posts anything you don't agree with as 'rants' and 'diatribes'?
[quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: Channelx please explain your logic. You are very quick to dismiss or ask questions and very bad at answering them. Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact! Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes.[/p][/quote][quote] Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the Treaty enshrined in Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and developed by EU secondary legislation and the Case law of the Court of Justice [/quote] Article 45 of the Lisbon Treaty only came into law on 1 December 2009. Who was in government then, Spurs Fan? Why is it that you, and your Left-wing cronies, always blather on in the most hyperbolic terms about anything non-Left-wing, and yet always describe anyone who posts anything you don't agree with as 'rants' and 'diatribes'? ChannelX
  • Score: 4

12:40pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Ollie Dognacky says...

ChannelX wrote:
Spurs Fan wrote:
Channelx please explain your logic. You are very quick to dismiss or ask questions and very bad at answering them. Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact!

Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes.

Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the Treaty enshrined in Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and developed by EU secondary legislation and the Case law of the Court of Justice


Article 45 of the Lisbon Treaty only came into law on 1 December 2009.

Who was in government then, Spurs Fan?

Why is it that you, and your Left-wing cronies, always blather on in the most hyperbolic terms about anything non-Left-wing, and yet always describe anyone who posts anything you don't agree with as 'rants' and 'diatribes'?
Again......
This is SWINDON not Westminster.
[quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: Channelx please explain your logic. You are very quick to dismiss or ask questions and very bad at answering them. Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact! Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes.[/p][/quote][quote] Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the Treaty enshrined in Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and developed by EU secondary legislation and the Case law of the Court of Justice [/quote] Article 45 of the Lisbon Treaty only came into law on 1 December 2009. Who was in government then, Spurs Fan? Why is it that you, and your Left-wing cronies, always blather on in the most hyperbolic terms about anything non-Left-wing, and yet always describe anyone who posts anything you don't agree with as 'rants' and 'diatribes'?[/p][/quote]Again...... This is SWINDON not Westminster. Ollie Dognacky
  • Score: -3

12:54pm Fri 13 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

Ollie Dognacky wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Spurs Fan wrote:
Channelx please explain your logic. You are very quick to dismiss or ask questions and very bad at answering them. Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact!

Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes.

Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the Treaty enshrined in Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and developed by EU secondary legislation and the Case law of the Court of Justice


Article 45 of the Lisbon Treaty only came into law on 1 December 2009.

Who was in government then, Spurs Fan?

Why is it that you, and your Left-wing cronies, always blather on in the most hyperbolic terms about anything non-Left-wing, and yet always describe anyone who posts anything you don't agree with as 'rants' and 'diatribes'?
Again......
This is SWINDON not Westminster.
Again, you appear to have failed to read the thread properly.
[quote][p][bold]Ollie Dognacky[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: Channelx please explain your logic. You are very quick to dismiss or ask questions and very bad at answering them. Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact! Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes.[/p][/quote][quote] Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the Treaty enshrined in Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and developed by EU secondary legislation and the Case law of the Court of Justice [/quote] Article 45 of the Lisbon Treaty only came into law on 1 December 2009. Who was in government then, Spurs Fan? Why is it that you, and your Left-wing cronies, always blather on in the most hyperbolic terms about anything non-Left-wing, and yet always describe anyone who posts anything you don't agree with as 'rants' and 'diatribes'?[/p][/quote]Again...... This is SWINDON not Westminster.[/p][/quote]Again, you appear to have failed to read the thread properly. ChannelX
  • Score: 2

2:23pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Spurs Fan says...

ChannelX The Maastrict treaty of 1992 created the common admission policy which allowed first allowed unfettered immigration between EU member states. Again I say to you can't blame Labour for that. The Conservative party in government has made mistakes and continues to do so. This is not hyperbole but fact.
ChannelX The Maastrict treaty of 1992 created the common admission policy which allowed first allowed unfettered immigration between EU member states. Again I say to you can't blame Labour for that. The Conservative party in government has made mistakes and continues to do so. This is not hyperbole but fact. Spurs Fan
  • Score: -3

3:04pm Fri 13 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

Spurs Fan wrote:
ChannelX The Maastrict treaty of 1992 created the common admission policy which allowed first allowed unfettered immigration between EU member states. Again I say to you can't blame Labour for that. The Conservative party in government has made mistakes and continues to do so. This is not hyperbole but fact.
Did you even read my post above?

It wasn't until 2009 that it become enshrined in EU law.

In fact, it wasn't until 1999 that the EU took immigration within the nation states particularly seriously (guess who was in office then?):


In October 1999 leaders of the EU agreed on the elements, for the creation of a common EU immigration policy at a special European summit on Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) in Tampere (Finland). At the Council the European leaders “commited themselves to developing a comprehensive immigration and asylum policy, and decided to place and maintain this objective at the very top of the political agenda (Cowles and Dinan, 2004 160)". This agreement was confirmed in 2004 with the adoption of the Hague programme.


Much of the remaining EU immigration policy was then put together throughout deade following the year 2000 (guess who was in office then?):

http://testpolitics.
pbworks.com/w/page/2
5471942/Immigration%
20and%20Humanitarian
%20role%20in%20EU

I really don't even know why you're desperately trying to pretend Labour's 13 years in office didn't see massive, uncontrolled immigration. We KNOW it happened, the figures are documented and verified, not even Labour deny them.

Even more hilariously, given your failed attempts to deflect attention, Labour themselves have spent the past two or three years admitting they 'got it wrong' on immigration:


Labour leader Ed Miliband has promised to deter firms from exclusively employing workers from overseas, admitting his party "got it wrong" on immigration when in government.

He said Gordon Brown and Tony Blair should not have allowed uncontrolled immigration from new EU states in 2004.


http://www.bbc.co.uk
/news/uk-politics-18
539472

When even your glorious leader publically admits Labour got immigration, especially EU immigration, wrong, it's time to give up the pretence.
[quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: ChannelX The Maastrict treaty of 1992 created the common admission policy which allowed first allowed unfettered immigration between EU member states. Again I say to you can't blame Labour for that. The Conservative party in government has made mistakes and continues to do so. This is not hyperbole but fact.[/p][/quote]Did you even read my post above? It wasn't until 2009 that it become enshrined in EU law. In fact, it wasn't until 1999 that the EU took immigration within the nation states particularly seriously (guess who was in office then?): [quote] In October 1999 leaders of the EU agreed on the elements, for the creation of a common EU immigration policy at a special European summit on Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) in Tampere (Finland). At the Council the European leaders “commited themselves to developing a comprehensive immigration and asylum policy, and decided to place and maintain this objective at the very top of the political agenda (Cowles and Dinan, 2004 160)". This agreement was confirmed in 2004 with the adoption of the Hague programme. [/quote] Much of the remaining EU immigration policy was then put together throughout deade following the year 2000 (guess who was in office then?): http://testpolitics. pbworks.com/w/page/2 5471942/Immigration% 20and%20Humanitarian %20role%20in%20EU I really don't even know why you're desperately trying to pretend Labour's 13 years in office didn't see massive, uncontrolled immigration. We KNOW it happened, the figures are documented and verified, not even Labour deny them. Even more hilariously, given your failed attempts to deflect attention, Labour themselves have spent the past two or three years admitting they 'got it wrong' on immigration: [quote] Labour leader Ed Miliband has promised to deter firms from exclusively employing workers from overseas, admitting his party "got it wrong" on immigration when in government. He said Gordon Brown and Tony Blair should not have allowed uncontrolled immigration from new EU states in 2004. [/quote] http://www.bbc.co.uk /news/uk-politics-18 539472 When even your glorious leader publically admits Labour got immigration, especially EU immigration, wrong, it's time to give up the pretence. ChannelX
  • Score: 6

3:06pm Fri 13 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

Spurs Fan, you said:


The Conservative party in government has made mistakes and continues to do so.


And yet earlier you said to me:


Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact!

Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes.


Poor show, old chap. Like so many Lefties, your appalling bias means your argument, such as it is, is vague, flawed and - well - plain incorrect.
Spurs Fan, you said: [quote] The Conservative party in government has made mistakes and continues to do so. [/quote] And yet earlier you said to me: [quote] Your alleged facts seem to have no basis in fact! Please answer the questions and give the reasons for your diatribes. [/quote] Poor show, old chap. Like so many Lefties, your appalling bias means your argument, such as it is, is vague, flawed and - well - plain incorrect. ChannelX
  • Score: 3

3:59pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Spurs Fan says...

ChannelX from The Daily Telegraph website a direct quote "in 1993, the Maastricht Treaty came into effect, establishing the European Union and extending freedom of movement to EU nationals and workers"
As I said the law to allow immigration which you consider to be a bad thing amongst EU nationals came in under a Tory regime" Undeniable I would argue. The fact that the government of 1992 did not see the ultimate consequences cannot be laid at the door of any government except that one.

On the subject of bias you show plenty of that by not accepting that the present government is making mistakes. For instance you remain silent on the subject of extremism in schools, knowing full well the Tory education minister has made a hash of the extremism situation in Birmingham schools. Your party in government is as guilty of any other of flawed decision making and poor governance.
ChannelX from The Daily Telegraph website a direct quote "in 1993, the Maastricht Treaty came into effect, establishing the European Union and extending freedom of movement to EU nationals and workers" As I said the law to allow immigration which you consider to be a bad thing amongst EU nationals came in under a Tory regime" Undeniable I would argue. The fact that the government of 1992 did not see the ultimate consequences cannot be laid at the door of any government except that one. On the subject of bias you show plenty of that by not accepting that the present government is making mistakes. For instance you remain silent on the subject of extremism in schools, knowing full well the Tory education minister has made a hash of the extremism situation in Birmingham schools. Your party in government is as guilty of any other of flawed decision making and poor governance. Spurs Fan
  • Score: 0

4:42pm Fri 13 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

If you're not going to actually read what's been posted - and try and understand the difference between policy and legislation - then there's really little point discussing anything further.

What do you mean 'I remain silent on the extremism in schools'? Am I supposed to just start randomly discussing things that I have to guess you're thinking about?

If anything, the reason behind Islamic extremism in our schools is precisely due to Labour's unhealthy immigration mistakes and the culture they created which meant anyone who dared mention anything less than wholly positive about Muslims was branded 'racist' (which is ironic, given Islam isn't a race) or 'Islamophobic'.

How, exactly, has the government made 'a hash' of anything? Thanks to Labour, the problem now exists, it's been rooted out and will be dealt with. How is that 'a mistake'? Had Labour still been in power the entire issue would have been swept under the carpet, because we all know why Labour encouraged uncontrolled immigration, don't we? The additional votes it gives them - they've even admitted that, too.

Funnily enough, and it's amusing that you keep making the same mistake, the Tories are not 'my party' at all. I have little time for their policies or the way they've allowed the LibDems to block everything worthwhile that they've tried to do.

No, I'm no Tory, I will just always support whichever party (or parties) that has the best chance of ensuring the failed and discredited Labour party never again reach office to start ruining the country all over again.

And, to use your logic, why are you silent about Red Miliband posing like a fool with the free copy of The Sun? Why are you silent about everything the increasingly ludicrous Ed Balls says (boy, didn't he get everything wrong about the economy!)? What about all the Labour MPs jailed for expenses fraud - haven't seen you discuss that today?
If you're not going to actually read what's been posted - and try and understand the difference between policy and legislation - then there's really little point discussing anything further. What do you mean 'I remain silent on the extremism in schools'? Am I supposed to just start randomly discussing things that I have to guess you're thinking about? If anything, the reason behind Islamic extremism in our schools is precisely due to Labour's unhealthy immigration mistakes and the culture they created which meant anyone who dared mention anything less than wholly positive about Muslims was branded 'racist' (which is ironic, given Islam isn't a race) or 'Islamophobic'. How, exactly, has the government made 'a hash' of anything? Thanks to Labour, the problem now exists, it's been rooted out and will be dealt with. How is that 'a mistake'? Had Labour still been in power the entire issue would have been swept under the carpet, because we all know why Labour encouraged uncontrolled immigration, don't we? The additional votes it gives them - they've even admitted that, too. Funnily enough, and it's amusing that you keep making the same mistake, the Tories are not 'my party' at all. I have little time for their policies or the way they've allowed the LibDems to block everything worthwhile that they've tried to do. No, I'm no Tory, I will just always support whichever party (or parties) that has the best chance of ensuring the failed and discredited Labour party never again reach office to start ruining the country all over again. And, to use your logic, why are you silent about Red Miliband posing like a fool with the free copy of The Sun? Why are you silent about everything the increasingly ludicrous Ed Balls says (boy, didn't he get everything wrong about the economy!)? What about all the Labour MPs jailed for expenses fraud - haven't seen you discuss that today? ChannelX
  • Score: 2

4:50pm Fri 13 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

And, most tellingly, you remain silent about Red Miliband himself saying that Labour 'got it wrong' on immigration.

Don't you agree with him? I mean, it's a bit weird for him to apologise if they didn't get it wrong.
And, most tellingly, you remain silent about Red Miliband himself saying that Labour 'got it wrong' on immigration. Don't you agree with him? I mean, it's a bit weird for him to apologise if they didn't get it wrong. ChannelX
  • Score: 5

5:35pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Davey Gravey says...

Why are people hell bent on blaming others, instead of funding resolutions to problems?
Some of us are sick of the lot of them.
Why are people hell bent on blaming others, instead of funding resolutions to problems? Some of us are sick of the lot of them. Davey Gravey
  • Score: -1

5:47pm Fri 13 Jun 14

trolley dolley says...

I am not at all keen on J Tomlinson as an MP anymore than I am keen on his mother as a councillor. However I think Mr Dempsey will have his work cut out trying to beat him in 2015.

It will be interesting to watch them both at it.

One bit of advice for Mr Dempsey, get out early. It will be a long slog.
I am not at all keen on J Tomlinson as an MP anymore than I am keen on his mother as a councillor. However I think Mr Dempsey will have his work cut out trying to beat him in 2015. It will be interesting to watch them both at it. One bit of advice for Mr Dempsey, get out early. It will be a long slog. trolley dolley
  • Score: 10

5:57pm Fri 13 Jun 14

Spurs Fan says...

ChannelX yesterday I posted a response to one of your post where I set out the failures of the Conservative led government which covered, the housing bubble and extremism to name but two subjects. You responded at 8.22pm saying that these were problems that could not be undone thanks to Labour! I again say the Tory party are guilty of poor governance. Which you seem unable or unwilling to confirm or deny.

Before criticizing me for not reading your posts perhaps you would do better to remember how the debate was going! Your condescending attitude to my posts and your inability to follow the flow of the debate makes it difficult to move the debate forward. Couple that to your right wing bias (you may not be a Tory but you openly say you are anti Labour) further makes debate futile.

Finally why do you continually bring personality into your argument.? "The fool Millaband and his copy of The Sun" "Meanwhile Milland cannot eat a sandwich without looking decidedly odd" your words from above! If we want to descend to your level we could say that the smug condescending Eton educated bully boys who run this government are out of touch. Not my words but those of a back bench Conservative MP.

I enjoy honest debate and am proud to be a socialist. Your right wing stance is your inalienable right as well. However, your high handed tone where you say things like "If you're not going to actually read what's been posted - and try and understand the difference between policy and legislation - then there's really little point discussing anything further" make you seem an obnoxious individual. Respect and manners cost nothing.
ChannelX yesterday I posted a response to one of your post where I set out the failures of the Conservative led government which covered, the housing bubble and extremism to name but two subjects. You responded at 8.22pm saying that these were problems that could not be undone thanks to Labour! I again say the Tory party are guilty of poor governance. Which you seem unable or unwilling to confirm or deny. Before criticizing me for not reading your posts perhaps you would do better to remember how the debate was going! Your condescending attitude to my posts and your inability to follow the flow of the debate makes it difficult to move the debate forward. Couple that to your right wing bias (you may not be a Tory but you openly say you are anti Labour) further makes debate futile. Finally why do you continually bring personality into your argument.? "The fool Millaband and his copy of The Sun" "Meanwhile Milland cannot eat a sandwich without looking decidedly odd" your words from above! If we want to descend to your level we could say that the smug condescending Eton educated bully boys who run this government are out of touch. Not my words but those of a back bench Conservative MP. I enjoy honest debate and am proud to be a socialist. Your right wing stance is your inalienable right as well. However, your high handed tone where you say things like "If you're not going to actually read what's been posted - and try and understand the difference between policy and legislation - then there's really little point discussing anything further" make you seem an obnoxious individual. Respect and manners cost nothing. Spurs Fan
  • Score: -3

11:12pm Fri 13 Jun 14

BeardyBill says...

ChannelX wrote:
Spurs Fan wrote:
ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional.
Agreed... all those problems are something that cannot now be undone thanks to Labour.

Tell us, how can we restrict immigrants from the EU? Then tell us who signed us up to that.

Labour? Never again.
Erm trying to rewrite history again toryboy? It was that b@stard grocer Heath that took us into Europe, free movement of people was in the treaties going right back to the Treaty of Rome.
[quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional.[/p][/quote]Agreed... all those problems are something that cannot now be undone thanks to Labour. Tell us, how can we restrict immigrants from the EU? Then tell us who signed us up to that. Labour? Never again.[/p][/quote]Erm trying to rewrite history again toryboy? It was that b@stard grocer Heath that took us into Europe, free movement of people was in the treaties going right back to the Treaty of Rome. BeardyBill
  • Score: -7

7:06am Sat 14 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

Spurs Fan wrote:
ChannelX yesterday I posted a response to one of your post where I set out the failures of the Conservative led government which covered, the housing bubble and extremism to name but two subjects. You responded at 8.22pm saying that these were problems that could not be undone thanks to Labour! I again say the Tory party are guilty of poor governance. Which you seem unable or unwilling to confirm or deny.

Before criticizing me for not reading your posts perhaps you would do better to remember how the debate was going! Your condescending attitude to my posts and your inability to follow the flow of the debate makes it difficult to move the debate forward. Couple that to your right wing bias (you may not be a Tory but you openly say you are anti Labour) further makes debate futile.

Finally why do you continually bring personality into your argument.? "The fool Millaband and his copy of The Sun" "Meanwhile Milland cannot eat a sandwich without looking decidedly odd" your words from above! If we want to descend to your level we could say that the smug condescending Eton educated bully boys who run this government are out of touch. Not my words but those of a back bench Conservative MP.

I enjoy honest debate and am proud to be a socialist. Your right wing stance is your inalienable right as well. However, your high handed tone where you say things like "If you're not going to actually read what's been posted - and try and understand the difference between policy and legislation - then there's really little point discussing anything further" make you seem an obnoxious individual. Respect and manners cost nothing.
Try showing some, then. It's so typical of the Left to throw around personal insults once you've been beaten in the debate by anyone who doesn't share your naive world view.

You didn't 'set out' anything, you mentioned something about 'extremism in schools' (largely a problem caused by Labour's policies) as if that meant the coalition government had failed at governing the nation.

You really need to try a bit harder than that, even if we do give you a head start due to the handicap of being an admitted socialist.
[quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: ChannelX yesterday I posted a response to one of your post where I set out the failures of the Conservative led government which covered, the housing bubble and extremism to name but two subjects. You responded at 8.22pm saying that these were problems that could not be undone thanks to Labour! I again say the Tory party are guilty of poor governance. Which you seem unable or unwilling to confirm or deny. Before criticizing me for not reading your posts perhaps you would do better to remember how the debate was going! Your condescending attitude to my posts and your inability to follow the flow of the debate makes it difficult to move the debate forward. Couple that to your right wing bias (you may not be a Tory but you openly say you are anti Labour) further makes debate futile. Finally why do you continually bring personality into your argument.? "The fool Millaband and his copy of The Sun" "Meanwhile Milland cannot eat a sandwich without looking decidedly odd" your words from above! If we want to descend to your level we could say that the smug condescending Eton educated bully boys who run this government are out of touch. Not my words but those of a back bench Conservative MP. I enjoy honest debate and am proud to be a socialist. Your right wing stance is your inalienable right as well. However, your high handed tone where you say things like "If you're not going to actually read what's been posted - and try and understand the difference between policy and legislation - then there's really little point discussing anything further" make you seem an obnoxious individual. Respect and manners cost nothing.[/p][/quote]Try showing some, then. It's so typical of the Left to throw around personal insults once you've been beaten in the debate by anyone who doesn't share your naive world view. You didn't 'set out' anything, you mentioned something about 'extremism in schools' (largely a problem caused by Labour's policies) as if that meant the coalition government had failed at governing the nation. You really need to try a bit harder than that, even if we do give you a head start due to the handicap of being an admitted socialist. ChannelX
  • Score: 4

7:10am Sat 14 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

BeardyBill wrote:
ChannelX wrote:
Spurs Fan wrote:
ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional.
Agreed... all those problems are something that cannot now be undone thanks to Labour.

Tell us, how can we restrict immigrants from the EU? Then tell us who signed us up to that.

Labour? Never again.
Erm trying to rewrite history again toryboy? It was that b@stard grocer Heath that took us into Europe, free movement of people was in the treaties going right back to the Treaty of Rome.
Oh dear.
[quote][p][bold]BeardyBill[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: ChannelX where oh where do you buy your rose tinted spectacles? 4 years of proper grown up government, I beg to differ. Immigration up under your lot when they said it would go down. Extremism rampant in schools in the midlands when Gove was warned four years ago. The benefits system close to meltdown. A housing bubble about to burst and infighting on the front benches. An economic recovery that will take years to filter through to anyone working in a job that pays less than 30K PA. What with all that and the top down reorganization of the NHS (that is failing miserably) which Cameroon promised would never happen on his watch. I think you must be delusional.[/p][/quote]Agreed... all those problems are something that cannot now be undone thanks to Labour. Tell us, how can we restrict immigrants from the EU? Then tell us who signed us up to that. Labour? Never again.[/p][/quote]Erm trying to rewrite history again toryboy? It was that b@stard grocer Heath that took us into Europe, free movement of people was in the treaties going right back to the Treaty of Rome.[/p][/quote]Oh dear. ChannelX
  • Score: 0

9:21am Sat 14 Jun 14

Spurs Fan says...

ChannelX you are an obnoxious individual! Sorry I had to descend to your level but there appears little chance of reasoned debate and even less chance of civilised argument. Once again sorry for the personal slur but you use them all the time in your role as self appointed keeper of the Adver comments section.
ChannelX you are an obnoxious individual! Sorry I had to descend to your level but there appears little chance of reasoned debate and even less chance of civilised argument. Once again sorry for the personal slur but you use them all the time in your role as self appointed keeper of the Adver comments section. Spurs Fan
  • Score: -4

2:52pm Sat 14 Jun 14

ChannelX says...

Spurs Fan wrote:
ChannelX you are an obnoxious individual! Sorry I had to descend to your level but there appears little chance of reasoned debate and even less chance of civilised argument. Once again sorry for the personal slur but you use them all the time in your role as self appointed keeper of the Adver comments section.
I'll leave you and your Left-wing comrades to dish out the personal insults.

Remind me again, what personal insults have I used towards you? Oh, yes, that would be... none.

You people just can't help yourselves. Which is odd, given how you usually tout yourselves as so 'caring' and 'nice'.

Quite the opposite, it would appear.
[quote][p][bold]Spurs Fan[/bold] wrote: ChannelX you are an obnoxious individual! Sorry I had to descend to your level but there appears little chance of reasoned debate and even less chance of civilised argument. Once again sorry for the personal slur but you use them all the time in your role as self appointed keeper of the Adver comments section.[/p][/quote]I'll leave you and your Left-wing comrades to dish out the personal insults. Remind me again, what personal insults have I used towards you? Oh, yes, that would be... none. You people just can't help yourselves. Which is odd, given how you usually tout yourselves as so 'caring' and 'nice'. Quite the opposite, it would appear. ChannelX
  • Score: 2

9:48pm Mon 16 Jun 14

lisers says...

ChannelX wrote:
After four long years of real effort and proper, grown up government, the current government have finally got the economy back on track and are starting to undo some of the devastation left behind by the last Labour government.

It's going to take many more years to correct that 13 year period of disastrous economic policy, uncontrolled immigration, illegal wars and horrendous over-spending and debt stockpiling.

The good people of Swindon deserve better than to be plunged back into the socialist nightmare - that always has failed and always will fail - by the liked of Dempsey and Snelgrove.

Remember, Blair and Gordon Brown? Well, it's almost impossible to imagine, but Red Ed Miliband would be even worse as prime minister.

Labour? Never again.
Economy back on track haha who for not the ordinary working man that's for sure ,I voted for Cameron but what a disappointment he has turned out to be .He lied to get our votes although he has been trying his hardest to hide the evidence but his smoke and mirror politics on the backs the the sick disabled is the most disgusting im looking forward to seeing him get the heel end of a size 12 boot up the jacksies out of no 10
[quote][p][bold]ChannelX[/bold] wrote: After four long years of real effort and proper, grown up government, the current government have finally got the economy back on track and are starting to undo some of the devastation left behind by the last Labour government. It's going to take many more years to correct that 13 year period of disastrous economic policy, uncontrolled immigration, illegal wars and horrendous over-spending and debt stockpiling. The good people of Swindon deserve better than to be plunged back into the socialist nightmare - that always has failed and always will fail - by the liked of Dempsey and Snelgrove. Remember, Blair and Gordon Brown? Well, it's almost impossible to imagine, but Red Ed Miliband would be even worse as prime minister. Labour? Never again.[/p][/quote]Economy back on track haha who for not the ordinary working man that's for sure ,I voted for Cameron but what a disappointment he has turned out to be .He lied to get our votes although he has been trying his hardest to hide the evidence but his smoke and mirror politics on the backs the the sick disabled is the most disgusting im looking forward to seeing him get the heel end of a size 12 boot up the jacksies out of no 10 lisers
  • Score: 0

9:50am Thu 19 Jun 14

FLOGGITLAD says...

If you read the adver today, the leader tells us of the glory days when the leasehold agreements are signed, can he explain why 106 money, given by developers to improve building projects like north Swindon etc are now being used as a sweetner for this leasehold agreement, how much is the loan deal costing the taxpayers, if we weren't paying out over 10 million a year in loan payments, why the need to even off load the leisure facilities..
now we have an agreement with broadband uk, so what happened to the uk broadband deal then. etc etc... money down the drain, come and get it.
and labour don't forget the open back door for immigration which let in more than 2 millions immigrants...
If you read the adver today, the leader tells us of the glory days when the leasehold agreements are signed, can he explain why 106 money, given by developers to improve building projects like north Swindon etc are now being used as a sweetner for this leasehold agreement, how much is the loan deal costing the taxpayers, if we weren't paying out over 10 million a year in loan payments, why the need to even off load the leisure facilities.. now we have an agreement with broadband uk, so what happened to the uk broadband deal then. etc etc... money down the drain, come and get it. and labour don't forget the open back door for immigration which let in more than 2 millions immigrants... FLOGGITLAD
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree