Swindon AdvertiserWe’re just zipping out to get married (From Swindon Advertiser)

Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us

We’re just zipping out to get married

Swindon Advertiser: We’re just zipping out to get married We’re just zipping out to get married

NEWLY-WED Jessica Nye took the best day of her life to a whole new level when she zip-wired down a cliff to her wedding reception.

Jessica, 24, and her 25-year-old husband Andrew, tied the knot on Saturday, six years after they met scaling the world’s highest mountain.

They then slid down a 490m zip wire, 50m above a flooded Cornish quarry, at speeds of up to 40mph to their wedding reception.

Jessica, a nurse at the Great Western Hospital’s Victoria Centre, said: “My partner and I are very outdoorsy. We met trying to get to base camp at Mount Everest about six years ago.

“Some time last year, while we were engaged, we went to Adrenalin Quarry, near Liskeard in Cornwall, and we had so much fun we asked if anybody had been married there. The owner said nobody had, although he was keen to see it happen. So we said we’d do it.

“Adrenalin Quarry is a man-made quarry, which if you’re an adrenaline junkie is just the place to go. There’s a zip wire over a lake, a giant swing and loads of other things.

“The day seemed to have come around really quickly. It seemed a while away when we said we’d do it.”

Andrew and Jessica, who live at Redhouse, were followed down the two-stringed zip-wire by many of their wedding party, including Andrew’s best man and the bridesmaids.

Jessica – nee Schneider – said: “It was quite a surreal experience. It was really exciting but a bit strange too. It was just perfect for us, it was exactly how we wanted it to be.”

All Jessica changed after the wedding ceremony were her shoes... for a pair of wellies.

She said: “One of my friends made a pair of wellies for me to wear so that I didn’t break my heels.

“Most of my friends went down the zip wire. A few did walk down if they couldn’t zip, and my poor mum carried my bouquet and everything down.

“We zipped down to the Dambusters theme tune wearing flying caps, which was fun, although some of the younger guests didn’t understand the reference. Our granddads liked it though.”

The couple arrived at the site the night before to set everything up. They were especially keen to ensure their music – including Ain’t No Mountain High Enough and Anything You Can Do – could be heard from the clifftop.

Jessica also tested out her harness, which she wore underneath her dress during the ceremony.

 For more about Adrenalin Quarry, visit www.adrenalinquarry.co.uk

Comments (12)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:18am Wed 16 Jul 14

EastleazeRed says...

Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap !
Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap ! EastleazeRed
  • Score: -3

7:43am Wed 16 Jul 14

Phantom Poster says...

EastleazeRed wrote:
Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap !
Reading he first sentence it's quite obvious what the article is about.

So why did you then waste 2 mins (you must be a slow reader!) Reading the rest of it?

I suspect you are just one of lifes natural moaners who can't wait to find an article he can make a cliched comment about.
[quote][p][bold]EastleazeRed[/bold] wrote: Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap ![/p][/quote]Reading he first sentence it's quite obvious what the article is about. So why did you then waste 2 mins (you must be a slow reader!) Reading the rest of it? I suspect you are just one of lifes natural moaners who can't wait to find an article he can make a cliched comment about. Phantom Poster
  • Score: 9

8:16am Wed 16 Jul 14

swindondad says...

It sounds as if this wedding party had a great day and certainly one to remember. Well done to them.

N.B. EastleazeRed be happy they were happy it's good for your soul.
It sounds as if this wedding party had a great day and certainly one to remember. Well done to them. N.B. EastleazeRed be happy they were happy it's good for your soul. swindondad
  • Score: 5

8:25am Wed 16 Jul 14

EastleazeRed says...

swindondad wrote:
It sounds as if this wedding party had a great day and certainly one to remember. Well done to them.

N.B. EastleazeRed be happy they were happy it's good for your soul.
I am happy for them and glad they enjoyed their day , as I did when I got married , but the difference is I didn't post it all over the newspaper . A bit if free advertising to promote the said company I expect .
[quote][p][bold]swindondad[/bold] wrote: It sounds as if this wedding party had a great day and certainly one to remember. Well done to them. N.B. EastleazeRed be happy they were happy it's good for your soul.[/p][/quote]I am happy for them and glad they enjoyed their day , as I did when I got married , but the difference is I didn't post it all over the newspaper . A bit if free advertising to promote the said company I expect . EastleazeRed
  • Score: -3

8:46am Wed 16 Jul 14

Phantom Poster says...

EastleazeRed wrote:
swindondad wrote:
It sounds as if this wedding party had a great day and certainly one to remember. Well done to them.

N.B. EastleazeRed be happy they were happy it's good for your soul.
I am happy for them and glad they enjoyed their day , as I did when I got married , but the difference is I didn't post it all over the newspaper . A bit if free advertising to promote the said company I expect .
Yes, this paper really ought to put the word "advertiser" in its title - oh, wait!
[quote][p][bold]EastleazeRed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]swindondad[/bold] wrote: It sounds as if this wedding party had a great day and certainly one to remember. Well done to them. N.B. EastleazeRed be happy they were happy it's good for your soul.[/p][/quote]I am happy for them and glad they enjoyed their day , as I did when I got married , but the difference is I didn't post it all over the newspaper . A bit if free advertising to promote the said company I expect .[/p][/quote]Yes, this paper really ought to put the word "advertiser" in its title - oh, wait! Phantom Poster
  • Score: 10

8:48am Wed 16 Jul 14

The Jockster says...

EastleazeRed wrote:
Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap !
Ditto!
[quote][p][bold]EastleazeRed[/bold] wrote: Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap ![/p][/quote]Ditto! The Jockster
  • Score: -2

9:28am Wed 16 Jul 14

Phantom Poster says...

The Jockster wrote:
EastleazeRed wrote:
Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap !
Ditto!
I just wasted 1 second of my life reading your comment on an article which you thought important enough to make the effort of making a comment about it ;-)
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EastleazeRed[/bold] wrote: Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap ![/p][/quote]Ditto![/p][/quote]I just wasted 1 second of my life reading your comment on an article which you thought important enough to make the effort of making a comment about it ;-) Phantom Poster
  • Score: 8

12:55pm Wed 16 Jul 14

house on the hill says...

As always the comments are far more interesting than the article itself.. Thanks for raising a smile
As always the comments are far more interesting than the article itself.. Thanks for raising a smile house on the hill
  • Score: 3

1:03pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Davey Gravey says...

Phantom Poster wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
EastleazeRed wrote:
Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap !
Ditto!
I just wasted 1 second of my life reading your comment on an article which you thought important enough to make the effort of making a comment about it ;-)
lol
[quote][p][bold]Phantom Poster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EastleazeRed[/bold] wrote: Just wasted 2 mins of my life reading that crap ![/p][/quote]Ditto![/p][/quote]I just wasted 1 second of my life reading your comment on an article which you thought important enough to make the effort of making a comment about it ;-)[/p][/quote]lol Davey Gravey
  • Score: 2

8:22pm Wed 16 Jul 14

telgirl2000 says...

Some of the posters here are so spiteful, this story was not offered to the Adver by the company at all, it was just to cover a nice story of an unusual wedding - how sad you are to leave such nasty comments for a happy newlywed couple to read. Just as well they are not the type to let people like you bother them or take the shine off their wonderful day.
Some of the posters here are so spiteful, this story was not offered to the Adver by the company at all, it was just to cover a nice story of an unusual wedding - how sad you are to leave such nasty comments for a happy newlywed couple to read. Just as well they are not the type to let people like you bother them or take the shine off their wonderful day. telgirl2000
  • Score: 5

9:13pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Phantom Poster says...

telgirl2000 wrote:
Some of the posters here are so spiteful, this story was not offered to the Adver by the company at all, it was just to cover a nice story of an unusual wedding - how sad you are to leave such nasty comments for a happy newlywed couple to read. Just as well they are not the type to let people like you bother them or take the shine off their wonderful day.
Indeed! The headline was:
We’re just zipping out to get married

So if you follow the link to it, you see in the first sentence:
NEWLY-WED Jessica Nye took the best day of her life to a whole new level when she zip-wired down a cliff to her wedding reception.

So if you don't like that sort of story then you don't read the rest. Why would you pretend to read the rest of a story you're not interested in and then complain that you lost 2 minutes of your life (what a cliche!) continuing to read the story you are not interested in? It just shows the poster to be a very sad person.

How much of his oh so precious life did he lose in posting his comments and checking replies? So, hypocritical as well as sad!

In any case, it's a web site provided for free to reflect articles which appear in the paid for paper. So it's a bit rich for a free-loader to complain about the content!

Anyway, good luck to Andrew and Jessica!
[quote][p][bold]telgirl2000[/bold] wrote: Some of the posters here are so spiteful, this story was not offered to the Adver by the company at all, it was just to cover a nice story of an unusual wedding - how sad you are to leave such nasty comments for a happy newlywed couple to read. Just as well they are not the type to let people like you bother them or take the shine off their wonderful day.[/p][/quote]Indeed! The headline was: We’re just zipping out to get married So if you follow the link to it, you see in the first sentence: NEWLY-WED Jessica Nye took the best day of her life to a whole new level when she zip-wired down a cliff to her wedding reception. So if you don't like that sort of story then you don't read the rest. Why would you pretend to read the rest of a story you're not interested in and then complain that you lost 2 minutes of your life (what a cliche!) continuing to read the story you are not interested in? It just shows the poster to be a very sad person. How much of his oh so precious life did he lose in posting his comments and checking replies? So, hypocritical as well as sad! In any case, it's a web site provided for free to reflect articles which appear in the paid for paper. So it's a bit rich for a free-loader to complain about the content! Anyway, good luck to Andrew and Jessica! Phantom Poster
  • Score: 3

10:44am Sun 20 Jul 14

cornishgirl21 says...

Phantom Poster wrote:
telgirl2000 wrote: Some of the posters here are so spiteful, this story was not offered to the Adver by the company at all, it was just to cover a nice story of an unusual wedding - how sad you are to leave such nasty comments for a happy newlywed couple to read. Just as well they are not the type to let people like you bother them or take the shine off their wonderful day.
Indeed! The headline was: We’re just zipping out to get married So if you follow the link to it, you see in the first sentence: NEWLY-WED Jessica Nye took the best day of her life to a whole new level when she zip-wired down a cliff to her wedding reception. So if you don't like that sort of story then you don't read the rest. Why would you pretend to read the rest of a story you're not interested in and then complain that you lost 2 minutes of your life (what a cliche!) continuing to read the story you are not interested in? It just shows the poster to be a very sad person. How much of his oh so precious life did he lose in posting his comments and checking replies? So, hypocritical as well as sad! In any case, it's a web site provided for free to reflect articles which appear in the paid for paper. So it's a bit rich for a free-loader to complain about the content! Anyway, good luck to Andrew and Jessica!
Thank you telegirl and phantom poster. You are so right in your comments. There was no "side" or motive to this story. I feel sorry for the people who need to make negative comments. It was very obvious from the picture what the story was about, there was no need to read it if they didn't want to!!!!! Some people just can't be happy that others are happy. Maybe that's how the fill a gap in their own lives by making negative comments about others?
Anyway, no matter what their "motive" isin writing negative things it is very clear that both Andrew and Jessica are a very happy couple who had a brilliant day.
[quote][p][bold]Phantom Poster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]telgirl2000[/bold] wrote: Some of the posters here are so spiteful, this story was not offered to the Adver by the company at all, it was just to cover a nice story of an unusual wedding - how sad you are to leave such nasty comments for a happy newlywed couple to read. Just as well they are not the type to let people like you bother them or take the shine off their wonderful day.[/p][/quote]Indeed! The headline was: We’re just zipping out to get married So if you follow the link to it, you see in the first sentence: NEWLY-WED Jessica Nye took the best day of her life to a whole new level when she zip-wired down a cliff to her wedding reception. So if you don't like that sort of story then you don't read the rest. Why would you pretend to read the rest of a story you're not interested in and then complain that you lost 2 minutes of your life (what a cliche!) continuing to read the story you are not interested in? It just shows the poster to be a very sad person. How much of his oh so precious life did he lose in posting his comments and checking replies? So, hypocritical as well as sad! In any case, it's a web site provided for free to reflect articles which appear in the paid for paper. So it's a bit rich for a free-loader to complain about the content! Anyway, good luck to Andrew and Jessica![/p][/quote]Thank you telegirl and phantom poster. You are so right in your comments. There was no "side" or motive to this story. I feel sorry for the people who need to make negative comments. It was very obvious from the picture what the story was about, there was no need to read it if they didn't want to!!!!! Some people just can't be happy that others are happy. Maybe that's how the fill a gap in their own lives by making negative comments about others? Anyway, no matter what their "motive" isin writing negative things it is very clear that both Andrew and Jessica are a very happy couple who had a brilliant day. cornishgirl21
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree