AS another weekend beckons we bring you the latest in our regular weekly slot giving you 10 things to do in and around Swindon.
If you have an event scheduled on Saturday or Sunday that isn't listed add it in the comments section at the bottom of the article.
If you know of an event taking place on upcoming weekends that you want to see included in future lists email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10 THINGS TO DO IN AND AROUND SWINDON THIS WEEKEND
- The Reggae Garden Family Festival, at Old Town Bowl, Town Gardens, from 12 noon to 9pm on Saturday. The line up includes Friendly Fire Band, Saxon Sound International, Peter Spence and more, plus a bounce castle, face painting and authentic cuisine. Tickets are £15 and £5 for under 14s. Call the Reggae Garden Festival team on 07401 477765 or 07921 227763
- Sausage and Ale Trail, all around Old Town on Sunday from 1pm to 6pm. The first event of its kind, there will be different festival beers and sausages at all participating venues, plus acoustic music in the streets and entertainment for children.
Wyvern Theatre Wedding Fayre, on Sunday from 11am. There will be stalls from local wedding shops, caterers and entertainment providers. For more information contact Caroline Moore on email@example.com.
- Black Coffee, at the Wyvern Theatre. Saturday at 2.30pm and 7.30pm. In the first play ever written by Agatha Christie we are introduced to a character who went on to become the most famous detective of all time and the only fictional character ever to receive a full-page obituary in the New York Times. Tickets are available from the Box Office on 01793 524481.
- Art event at Central Library, Saturday and Sunday – Swindon Open Studios Festival of the Visual Arts, during normal opening hours. As part of the annual celebration of art by local artists, they will be using the library as one of their open events. There will also be a specially selected exhibition on display throughout September in the library’s Court Yard Gallery. Call Colin Curtis on 01793 463782 for information.
- Free Shop at Savernake Street Social Hall on Saturday from 12 noon until 2pm.
- The Angel Garden Party, at The Angel Hotel, Royal Wootton Bassett on Saturday, with live music, children’s bouncy castle, barbecue and more.
- Record Fair at the Central Community Centre, on Saturday from 9am to 4pm.
Penhill Pre-Carnival Fun Day at John Moulton Hall on Saturday from 12 noon until 6pm, with an open mic, arts and crafts, dance and more. The event aims to encourage volunteers to sign up to help at next year’s carnival.
- Youth charity SMASH will launch its first Dash for Cash on Sunday at Barbury Castle. Participants will set off from the Alexander Conference centre at 9am. To register or find out more, go to www.smashyouth project.co.uk.