Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Last chances for charity groups to apply for Foundation cash
THE deadline is looming for any charitable groups in Swindon who want to be in with the chance of receiving thousands of pounds worth of grants.
The Gannett Foundation Fund, which is the charitable arm of the Adver’s parent company, traditionally supports non-profit making organisations and is now inviting applications for more grants of between £1,000 and £50,000.
We are keen to hear from charities planning innovative projects in areas such as assisting disadvantaged people, neighbourhood improvements, education, youth development and environmental conservation.
The deadline for applications is Friday, September 14.
In the past 10 years, the Gannett Foundation has made grants in the UK totalling more than £4m.
Groups in the town that have benefitted in the past include the Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre, Swindon Children’s Scrapstore, Prospect Hospice , Twigs, Swindon Down’s Syndrome Group and Dial-a-Ride.
Last November, the Swindon’s Bats Sport And Social Club was given £6,000 by the fund. Some of the money went towards buying new equipment and to cover travel costs. The rest was spent on keeping up the club’s work in the community.
Speaking at the time, group secretary Charlotte Hall said: “It’s absolutely fantastic. It will really enable us, as a group, to do more activities that we were previously unable to do, such as a day trip to the seaside, which is very expensive.”
WHO CAN APPLY:
- All applicants must be registered charities and we will not consider anyone who has received a grant from the foundation in the last two years.
- Grants will not be given to fund salaries and day-to-day running costs, to general appeals as opposed to specific projects, to promote political or religious organisations, projects that do not bring benefits to the local community, schools (other than special needs) or hospitals (except hospices).
- All applications must be submitted on the approved application form, which is available by logging on to www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk
- Any application which do not meet our criteria or which do not follow our rules and procedures will be rejected.
- The completed form should be sent via email to Pauline Howard at phoward@ swindonadvertiser.co.uk by 5pm on September 14.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered and submissions on paper will not be accepted.