Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
Benefits changes to be discussed in Swindon
1:17pm Wednesday 10th October 2012 in News
TENANT representatives will meet tonight to discuss changes to benefits which will come into force in April 2013.
The housing advisory forum will meet at the Civic Offices, in Euclid Street, at 6pm to discuss proposals to manage Government-imposed cuts to housing benefit and support towards paying council tax.
There will be cuts in housing benefit for tenants deemed to have spare room. And Swindon Council proposes to slash the maximum council tax support to 80 per cent, leaving the householders to pick up the remaining 20 per cent.
Comments are closed on this article.