Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
News Quiz for March 16 - March 22
Test out your knowledge of the week's news stories - both local and national - with our fun weekly quiz.
1. What did a group workers at RCUK Shared Services do to surprise colleagues on Red Nose Day?
2. How old is it thought Barney the rescued Yorkshire Terrier is?
3. Which supermarket board has approved plans to deliver the Wichelstowe District Centre?
4. Who has been elected the new leader of the Swindon Conservative group?
5. Which kind-hearted company paid for two-year-old Kieran Lower to have an operation to correct his tongue tie?
6. How many Honda workers have been accepted for a voluntary redundacy package so far?
7. Which Crufts winning pair appeared on Vets Klinic online TV channel on Wednesday night?
8. Peter Southerden, who carried out dental surgery on an eight-year-old Asiatic Lion, is director of which veterinary practice in the town?
9. When is work due to start on the former Swindon College site to transform it into a retail and leisure complex?
10. Which stalwart of Swindon’s amateur dramatics scene collected her British Empire Medal this week?
11. Which England rugby star gave a talk at a Rotary Club of Swindon charity dinner this week?
12. Which headteacher has retired after more than 20 years at Chiseldon Primary School?
13. Which road is now much safer for cyclists and pedestrians after the opening of a new traffic-free path?
14. By what percentage habve 999 calls increased this year compared to the same time last year?
15. Which social network site has just celebrated its seventh birthday?
16. Which pop band seemingly announced they were splitting up after the final gig of their 10-year anniversary tour?
17. Name the prime minister of Australia, who kept her job after no one was willing to run against her in a leadership ballot.
18. Chancellor George Osborne scrapped plans for September's fuel duty increase in the Budget. How much would it have added to a litre?
19. What was written on the badge the Duchess of Cambridge was presented with earlier this week when she joined the Queen and Prince Philip to commemorate 150 years of the London Underground?
20. What date is the Scottish referendum on independence due to be held?
To see the answers click here.