Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us
SIAN O'CALLAGHAN: You can help search forest
Police have this morning said anyone who wants to help comb Savernake Forest in the search for Sian O'Callaghan needs to work with them.
Sian, 22, has been missing since the early hours of Saturday morning and police continue to search Savernake as this was the last place they can track her phone to.
A spokesman for Wiltshire Police said: "We are aware that some members of the community would like to help with the searches for Sian O’ Callaghan who has been missing since the early hours of Saturday morning.
"Expert search teams will be resuming their searches today and ask that those who do wish to help comply with the following:
• Meet officers at Postern Hill, Savernake Forest
• Please make sure that you sign in and are briefed by the officers regarding the area to search
• Please only attend if you are fit and well as the terrain is rough, dense woodland.
• Please make sure you have suitable footwear and clothing and bring refreshments with you
• Make sure you bring a mobile phone
• Please do not bring dogs (police dogs will be in the area)
• Do not search alone
• Please do not search in any other area than the officers tell you
• Please bring some form of identification
• We do not advise you to search in the dark
• You must be signed out by an officer at Postern Hill briefing area by 7pm.
"If you find anything, it is very important that you do not touch it. Report to a police officer immediately."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Wiltshire Police on 0845 408 7000, or anonymously on Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
AS OF 4PM WILTSHIRE POLICE HAVE REQUESTED THAT NO MORE VOLUNTEERS GO TO SAVERNAKE, DUE TO NUMBERS ALREADY ON SITE.
Comments are closed on this article.