JOHN Fisher was left fuming after Highworth conceded an 101st-minute equaliser against visiting Thame in the Hellenic Premier.

The Elms manager struggled to believe that 12 minutes of added time was ordered by the referee in the first place.

Steve Robertson had put Highworth 1-0 up heading into the break before Thame grabbed their late equaliser.

In the aftermath of the goal there was then a 20-man brawl and the hosts’ Martin Stratford was sent off for foul and abusive language, “I questioned the ref afterwards as to why we had 12 minutes added time for the substitutions and the physio coming on twice,” said Fisher.

“It was a absolute disgrace and I wasn’t a happy bunny afterwards because it cost us two points. It wasn’t a corner leading up to their goal, but I’m not blaming the ref for that because we should have defended it better.

“But you just don’t have 12 minutes of injury time unless you have a real bad injury.

“It was Alex Ferguson time, I believe he miscalculated his watch.”

Elsewhere in the division, rock-bottom Shrivenham succumbed to a 3-0 defeat at home to Highmoor Ibis as Les Gill’s search for his first league win at the helm continues.

All three goals arrived in the second half with Callum Gallimore opening the scoring soon after the resumption with a bullet header from Mohamed Davies’ corner.

Inside the final quarter of an hour Ivan Iliev slotted into the bottom corner from 18 yards, before Jamar Campbell added a third in the final minute.

In Division One West, Malmesbury finally got their first league win of the season and they did so in emphatic fashion.

Vics trounced New College 5-1 at the Flying Monk with the goals coming from Ant Brown, Joe Dorey, Ant Packer, Chris Salt and Max Sparrow.

Malmesbury boss Simon Winstone said: “Fair play to the players, it’s been a tough start to the season and I wouldn’t have thought it would take us this long to get a win.

“But the last few games there has been an improvement and we seem to have been getting players forward in the right areas.

“The pleasing thing was that five different players scored, we hit the crossbar twice and we had a few other chances, and there’s been games where we haven’t had that sort of attacking threat.”

Wootton Bassett clawed back three points on league leaders Brimscombe & Thrupp with a 2-1 victory at top-end rivals Hook Norton.

Hook struck within a minute of the opening whistle and after Shaun Terry fluffed a sitter, Craig Bowden’s 10th-minute penalty brought Bassett back on terms.

The winning goal came midway through the half courtesy of Steve Yeardley, and Bassett missed further chances to extend their advantage.

Elsewhere, Purton’s top scorer Richie Crocker limped off injured as the Red House outfit were hammered 6-1 at Carterton.