SWINDON Supermarine failed to score for the first time in the league this season as a 0-0 draw away at Cirencester brought their 10-game winning run to an end.

Prolific strikers Josh Parsons and Ash Edenborough both had chances to win the game for Dave Webb’s side on a heavy pitch at the Corinium, but Marine were forced to settle for a hard-earned point.

Despite their run of victories coming to an end Webb was pleased to keep the unbeaten record intact, and admitted it was a case of his side just failing to make their chances count.

“It was one of those games where we started slowly in the first 20 minutes, and we couldn’t seem to get into the game,” he said.

“We didn’t concede and we eventually got back into the game, and we started to make some chances.

“We missed some decent opportunities and to be fair to Ciren they worked really hard and had a good go, and it was a local derby.

“You don’t automatically go into every game and score three goals, we have to earn that right, and we didn’t earn it against Ciren.

“We should have won the game, but we didn’t deserve to because we didn’t take the chances we had, but we defended well and haven’t conceded. We are disappointed we didn’t win the game, but that will happen, and we need to learn from it.”

The game was the first time Marine have failed to find the net in the league all season, which Webb puts down to a depleted fixture schedule which saw games postponed in the days following Christmas.

“We have been so strong up front be it up front or in the wide areas, and we normally manage to score one,” he said.

“We didn’t do that, but it is the first time we have failed to score.

“Maybe we were a bit rusty because we haven’t played for 16 days, but I am pleased we played and it was good for us to get up there and get a game.

“Even though we missed a few chances we did manage to create some, just like we always do, and we will be looking to get back scoring again in our next game.”

When the two sides met at the Webb’s Wood Stadium earlier in the season they produced a feisty affair which ended 1-1, and Webb was pleased the teams’ second meeting of the season was a quieter one.

“It wasn’t quite as bad even though there were big tackles going in and a few bookings too, but it was a game in good spirits,” he said. “Both sides played their part, and it was a proper local derby which is always fun to be involved in.”

In the Premier Division, Chippenham Town squandered a 2-0 half-time lead to draw 2-2 with Frome at Hardenhuish Park.

Ryan Bennett’s own goal and Alan Griffin’s header put the Bluebirds firmly in command but Mike Perrott reduced arrears and Dean Evans fired in a spectacular last-minute equaliser.