12:26pm Wednesday 13th March 2013
Job Purpose :
* To achieve the budgeted sales targets for the retail category of sale for the Echo.
* To work closely with key retailers to identify home delivery opportunities via the retailer for the Echo.
* To specifically target major supermarkets throughout South Essex to ensure all sale is maximised.
* To liaise with Menzies to identify and rectify any issues with supplies to retailers throughout South Essex.
* To work with other members of the team to operate a fill in service for retailers in South Essex.
* To work closely with Menzies to alter and agree figures for the following day in the absence of the Retail Development Co-Ordinator.
* To maximise casual sales opportunities by reviewing papers on a daily / weekly basis. Maintain and develop a close working relationship with editorial.
* Ensure that the correct sitting of all point of sale equipment is adhered to and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
* To assume a responsibility for the news content process. Make sure the wholesaler is presented with news content bills that are relevant to their sales area and delivered to retailers on a daily / weekly basis.
* To ensure that we maximise sales opportunities from story breaks, sporting and promotional events.
* To be available to work the occasional evenings and weekends when required to assist with events.
* Be available for call out at any time due to the promotion and distribution of the newspaper.
* To have a full understanding of all functions within the Newspaper Sales Department and to work closely with the Retail Development Co-Ordinator.
* To safeguard the condition or security of any of the company’s materials or assets with which you are entrusted.
* To carry out any other duties as directed by your immediate Manager.
* Attend all meetings as and when required.
* Attend all training courses as directed by your immediate Manager.
This job description summarises the main aspect of the job, but it does not cover all the duties that the jobholder may be required to perform. Therefore, the job description is a minimum standard. It is not a statement of all that the job does or may entail. It is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly to define its starting point.
Click here to download an Application Form
Click here to download the Diversity Monitoring Form
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group