NORTH WILTS YOUTH LEAGUE: Magnificent seven for Swindon Rangers

Swindon Advertiser: Action from Shaw Under 14s (yellow) and Chippenham Under 14s (blue) Action from Shaw Under 14s (yellow) and Chippenham Under 14s (blue)

SWINDON Rangers made it seven league wins out of seven in North Wilts Youth League Under 12 Division One with a hard-fought 3-0 success against Ferndale Rodbourne Pumas.

Leading 2-0 at half-time, Rangers scored a solitary goal in the second half to maintain their 100 per cent league record, while goalkeeper George Wilkins kept his sixth clean sheet of the campaign.

Elsewhere in the division, Swindon Supermarine raced into a two-goal lead in their match at FC Chippenham thanks to efforts from Bradley Wilkins and Cameron Braganza-Osman.

Chippenham got back into the game with a goal on the stroke of half-time but couldn't find an equaliser as Marine ran out 2-1 victors.


HIGHWORTH Town Juniors H came from a goal behind to secure a 5-1 victory at Hungerford Town Juniors.

Two goals from Freddie Merrett and one each from Ajay Kharaud, Liam Hares and Aaron Hares earned Highworth the points.

Swindon Rangers drew 2-2 with Croft Juniors Red, despite taking the lead inside the first two minutes thanks to a brilliant solo effort from Billy Saunders.

Rangers continued to play good football and scored a second to go into the break 2-0 in front. However, Croft took the game to their hosts in the second half and pulled one back from Kieran Sutton following a good team move.

After a lot of pressure Spencer Bunce was fouled in the box and the resulting penalty was calmly tucked away by Ewan Campbell.


STRATTON Juniors Black saw off Swindon Supermarine J 4-1 thanks to a brace from Fin Blunsdon.

Blunsdon found the top corner of the net early in the game to put Stratton ahead and, despite being pegged back after a Marine player hacked home following a goalmouth scramble, the hosts found an extra gear to accelerate to victory.

Jack Walklett calmed the nerves with Stratton’s second, Blunsdon nicked his second and George Herbert completed the scoring just before the break.

Wanborough Juniors recovered from a two-goal deficit to win 4-2 on the road at Ramsbury Juniors.

Will Sumner, Joel Trojan and Tom Moore (2) struck for Wanborough as they came from behind to register victory.

A goal in each half from Cameron Hicks and Will Webster saw Highworth Town Juniors T to a 2-0 home win against Wroughton Youth at the Rec.

UNDER 13 DIVISION 1 (11v11)

DAN Skinner’s hat-trick helped Swindon Rangers Allstars on the way to an 8-1 win at Broad Town Colts.

Rangers settled into the game after the first 10 minutes and went ahead thanks to Skinner.

Joe Tyson hit a well-taken double in the first half and Toby Kutassy capped a superb performance in the opening period with a brilliant finish to send the visitors into half-time five goals to the good.

Further strikes in the second half from Skinner and Dan Hopper completed the victory and tightened Rangers’ stranglehold on the division.

Ferndale YCFC recorded a resounding 8-0 win against Malmesbury Youth team. Ferndale’s goals were scored by Callum Barrett (4), Jason Werrell (2), Brandon Page and Kyle Meader-Harris.


ABRIEL Rios scored for Ferndale Rodbourne Colts at Swindon Supermarine G but it was not enough to stop his side from slipping to a 3-1 defeat.


WOOTTON Bassett Town Yellow got back to winning ways with a 5-2 home win over Highworth Town Juniors C.

Callum Bridges, Lewis Cholod, Jamie Byrom, George Staten and Tom Miller all got their names on the scoresheet for Bassett.


CROFT Juniors secured a 4-0 home win over Shaw Youth thanks to two goals in each half. An impressive free-kick from Scott Hartley and a close-range strike from Harry Skinner before half-time were followed by an excellent finish by Josh Heaton and a volley from Himanshu Vasishat after the break.


JACK Ahren’s first-half goal was enough to secure Blunsdon all three points against Stratton Youth, as the hosts held out for a 1-0 victory.

For the second week in a row, Avebury made Wanborough work hard for a win as the visitors edged the contest 3-1.

Fantastic strikes by David Harvey and Fraser Gordon put the visitors ahead, before Avebury pulled one back before half-time.

An even second period could have seen the game go either way, but it was not until Matt Rees scored in the last few minutes of the contest that the result was decided in Wanborough’s favour.


Comments are closed on this article.


Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree