NORTH WILTS YOUTH LEAGUE: Merchant fires Swindon Rangers into the quarter-finals

Swindon Advertiser: Action from Sportz Central Under 16s versus Brinkworth Cats Under 16s Action from Sportz Central Under 16s versus Brinkworth Cats Under 16s

SWINDON Rangers Allstars booked their place in the quarter-finals of the Under 13 Wiltshire County Cup as Finley Merchant stole the show.

Merchant netted a hat-trick for the Allstars in their 7-0 victory over Swindon Supermarine.

Sean Wilkinson added a brace for the visitors, who also had Joe Tyson and Dan Hopper on the scoresheet.


SWINDON Rangers had Imogen Wilkins to thank as they won 1-0 at home to Lambourn Sports.

Wilkins converted a second-half penalty to hand all three points to Rangers after a goaless opening period.


MAX Whitfield consolidated his position as the division’s top goalscorer with all his side’s goals in Greenmeadow Youth’s 3-1 victory over Liden Community.

The hat-trick hero’s treble saw off strong Liden resistance, while Tom Ponting grabbed the visitors’ consolation.

Elsewhere, Tye Lennon scored as Highworth Town Juniors T went down 3-1 to Lydiard Youth Blue.

Four goals from Jack Holder helped Wootton Bassertt Town to an 8-0 success at FC Chippenham. Nathaniel Bell netted a brace for Bassett, while Louis Jeremiah and Raisham Mudhar were also on the scoresheet.


THERE was nothing to separate Swindon Supermarine M and Stratton Juniors, who both maintained their respective unbeaten runs with a 1-1 draw.

Marine opened the scoring through Kieran Cardwell before Stratton missed a penalty. However, Finn Blunsdon scored directly from a corner for the second time this season to draw the teams level. And that’s how it stayed.


SWINDON Rangers completed their pre-Christmas league campaign with a hard fought 3-0 win over Highworth Town Juniors H to maintain their 100 per cent league record.

Leading 1-0 at half time courtesy of a headed Jack Paines goal, Rangers scored two second-half goals - through Regan Lach and an own goal - to ensure they took all three points for the eighth game running this season.


A FABULOUS long-range effort from Keiran Dodson, a hat-trick from Neo Heath and a goal from Sam Stokes helped Ferndale Rodbourne Colts defeat Liden Community 5-2 away from home.

Swindon Supermarine G remain top of the pile after sneaking a 2-1 victory over Highworth Town Juniors T.

In windy conditions, Marine went into half-time a goal to the good thanks to Cameron Bolt’s volley before Callum Little’s sensational solo effort doubled the hosts’ advantage in the second period.

Highworth created some late drama by pulling a goal back but it was too little, too late.


WOOTTON Bassett Town Yellow kept their second clean sheet of the season as they overcame Highworth Town Juniors C 2-0.

Bassett went in front thanks to a goal from Lewis Cholod in the first half before Tom Miller wrapped up the points in the second period.


HIGHWORTH Town Juniors T maintained top spot with a 2-1 away win at Sevenfields United.

Aaron Aryee equalised for Highworth after an own goal had given Sevenfields the lead in the first half, whie Will Lewis fired in the winner from the edge of the box three minutes from the end of the game.


SWINDON Supermarine saw off Highworth Town Juniors 6-0.Callum Cook opened the scoring for Supermarine, pouncing on a loose ball after some good work from Callum Matthews on the left.

Oliver Frost made it 2-0 and Antonio Gerrish added a third before the break after a fine cross from Prabesh Malla.

The second half saw Malla score a brace, comprising of a long-range effort and a cool finish inside the box, before Jack Lucas completed the rout.


JACK Ahrens scored yet another hat-trick as Blunsdon beat Avebury 5-1 on the road.

Thomas Howe scored a brace for Blunsdon.

A seven-goal thriller between Wanborough Juniors and Greenmeadow Youth was decided late on by David Harvey's winner for Wanborough.

Greenmeadow had taken the lead before Ed Colton equalised and then Fraser Gordon put Wanborough ahead. Greenmeadow got themselves level but Gordon restored Wanborough's advantage. Another equaliser followed and it seemed the points would be shared, before Harvey’s intervention.


Comments are closed on this article.


Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree