Swindon AdvertiserHall close to return (From Swindon Advertiser)

Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text SWINDON NEWS to 80360 or email us

Hall closing in on Swindon Town return

Swindon Advertiser: Swindon Town's Grant Hall Swindon Town's Grant Hall

GRANT Hall requires one more outing in a development squad fixture before he can be considered for first-team action, according to Swindon Town manager Mark Cooper.

Hall played in part of Town’s 9-0 victory over a Caribbean academy side at the County Ground on Wednesday after missing nine weeks with a calf injury sustained at Gillingham in January and will soon be available to Cooper when it comes to selecting his matchday squads for Swindon’s remaining League One fixtures.

However, the Robins boss feels the Tottenham loanee needs one more test of his strength and stamina - and he hopes to arrange another development game next week.

“Grant Hall played for a percentage of the game,” Cooper said in his media briefing on Thursday ahead of the trip to Carlisle United this weekend. “He probably needs another game next week, which we’ll try to get for him.”

Alex Pritchard also featured for the development side on Wednesday ahead of his return from suspension at Brunton Park “It was good to get Pritch half a game and one or two others who maybe haven’t been able to get one recently.

“We’ve got quite a full squad at the minute,” said Cooper.

“What it means is that you can freshen it up if you need to.

“With Easter coming up we play Friday and Monday so it enables us to freshen things up if we feel we need to and it creates competition for places as well.”

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:28am Fri 4 Apr 14

Graham8181 says...

Oh no kiss good bye to any playoff chances then when he returns
Oh no kiss good bye to any playoff chances then when he returns Graham8181
  • Score: -18

7:36am Fri 4 Apr 14

Helpme234 says...

Graham8181 wrote:
Oh no kiss good bye to any playoff chances then when he returns
Good luck lad
[quote][p][bold]Graham8181[/bold] wrote: Oh no kiss good bye to any playoff chances then when he returns[/p][/quote]Good luck lad Helpme234
  • Score: 16

7:49am Fri 4 Apr 14

old town robin says...

I think most of us hope that Troy remains fit enough to play at least 5 of the remaining 6 games which apart from the Easter programme will give him enough recovery time on his troublesome knee.

Barring injury I don't see Darren Ward returning and I don't see Stephens being dropped to make room for Hall. Decisions that would make Cooper hugely unpopular. So unless McEverley is rested and they play 3 centre backs, the best he can hope for is a place on the bench at the expense of Branco, another decision that would be a tad unfair on the Brazilian who has done quite well when called upon.
I think most of us hope that Troy remains fit enough to play at least 5 of the remaining 6 games which apart from the Easter programme will give him enough recovery time on his troublesome knee. Barring injury I don't see Darren Ward returning and I don't see Stephens being dropped to make room for Hall. Decisions that would make Cooper hugely unpopular. So unless McEverley is rested and they play 3 centre backs, the best he can hope for is a place on the bench at the expense of Branco, another decision that would be a tad unfair on the Brazilian who has done quite well when called upon. old town robin
  • Score: 13

7:49am Fri 4 Apr 14

grove red says...

The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.
The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky. grove red
  • Score: 4

8:08am Fri 4 Apr 14

London Red says...

“With Easter coming up we play Friday and Monday so it enables us to freshen things up if we feel we NEED to and it creates competition for places as well.”
.
All he is saying is it is a squad game and Hall is part of that squad
.
Personally would have him in ahead of both Ward and Branco
.
I would like to see him alongside BOTH Troy and Stephens as I think that could be a very good back 3 - flanked by Thompson and Byrne and Wes behind them - I would be happy with that as our defence next season
.
I would then like a midfield trip of Thompson Luongo and Diagoiraga - who I feel will be surplus at Brentford
.
Then Ranger up top with either Storey or M.Smith
.
Personally think that would be a great team that would challenge at the top
“With Easter coming up we play Friday and Monday so it enables us to freshen things up if we feel we NEED to and it creates competition for places as well.” . All he is saying is it is a squad game and Hall is part of that squad . Personally would have him in ahead of both Ward and Branco . I would like to see him alongside BOTH Troy and Stephens as I think that could be a very good back 3 - flanked by Thompson and Byrne and Wes behind them - I would be happy with that as our defence next season . I would then like a midfield trip of Thompson Luongo and Diagoiraga - who I feel will be surplus at Brentford . Then Ranger up top with either Storey or M.Smith . Personally think that would be a great team that would challenge at the top London Red
  • Score: 7

9:35am Fri 4 Apr 14

Graham8181 says...

grove red wrote:
The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.
this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench
[quote][p][bold]grove red[/bold] wrote: The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.[/p][/quote]this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench Graham8181
  • Score: -3

9:35am Fri 4 Apr 14

Graham8181 says...

Helpme234 wrote:
Graham8181 wrote:
Oh no kiss good bye to any playoff chances then when he returns
Good luck lad
errr thanks
[quote][p][bold]Helpme234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Graham8181[/bold] wrote: Oh no kiss good bye to any playoff chances then when he returns[/p][/quote]Good luck lad[/p][/quote]errr thanks Graham8181
  • Score: -3

10:43am Fri 4 Apr 14

harley red says...

We need hall back like a hole in our head send him back to spurs were he can be with the rest of spurs crap .
We need hall back like a hole in our head send him back to spurs were he can be with the rest of spurs crap . harley red
  • Score: -3

12:08pm Fri 4 Apr 14

the wizard says...

Message to Cooper, put Hall in at the expense of Troy or Stevens, lose the game, and beware of a back lash from the supporters on a unequaled level.

The results of the last 4 games speak for themselves. Don't tinker with the side if its still winning, and poser Pritchard can start from the bench as well.
As he won't be here next season is there a point in having him or Hall still at the
Message to Cooper, put Hall in at the expense of Troy or Stevens, lose the game, and beware of a back lash from the supporters on a unequaled level. The results of the last 4 games speak for themselves. Don't tinker with the side if its still winning, and poser Pritchard can start from the bench as well. As he won't be here next season is there a point in having him or Hall still at the the wizard
  • Score: 10

12:09pm Fri 4 Apr 14

the wizard says...

+ club, whoops, typo.
+ club, whoops, typo. the wizard
  • Score: -1

12:39pm Fri 4 Apr 14

MidlandRobin says...

should be nowhere near the starting line up for me when he returns. Keep Troy n Stevens as the pairing for as long as possible!
should be nowhere near the starting line up for me when he returns. Keep Troy n Stevens as the pairing for as long as possible! MidlandRobin
  • Score: 3

1:00pm Fri 4 Apr 14

London Red says...

Why does everyone keep saying pairing - we have played 3 at the back for at 3 of the 4 games Stephens has been here!
Why does everyone keep saying pairing - we have played 3 at the back for at 3 of the 4 games Stephens has been here! London Red
  • Score: 0

1:06pm Fri 4 Apr 14

London Red says...

Graham8181 wrote:
grove red wrote: The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.
this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench
Have you got a copy of that contract we can all see?
[quote][p][bold]Graham8181[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grove red[/bold] wrote: The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.[/p][/quote]this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench[/p][/quote]Have you got a copy of that contract we can all see? London Red
  • Score: 7

2:11pm Fri 4 Apr 14

buckobassettboy says...

Mark Cooper must be making Hall feel better coming out with that.If he gets another game for us it will be one too many.If he should get another game,selected over the current 11 I think there is something badly wrong.He is garbage.We know it,cooper knows it,power knows it.Not fit to wear the shirt-end of.
Mark Cooper must be making Hall feel better coming out with that.If he gets another game for us it will be one too many.If he should get another game,selected over the current 11 I think there is something badly wrong.He is garbage.We know it,cooper knows it,power knows it.Not fit to wear the shirt-end of. buckobassettboy
  • Score: -4

3:01pm Fri 4 Apr 14

mug? says...

Maybe Hall would be better alongside someone other than Ward?

Just putting that out there.

As an aside, don't we have a fitness coach anymore?

A lot of the players seem to be tiring at the end of games. The opposition don't seem to have this problem
Maybe Hall would be better alongside someone other than Ward? Just putting that out there. As an aside, don't we have a fitness coach anymore? A lot of the players seem to be tiring at the end of games. The opposition don't seem to have this problem mug?
  • Score: 4

3:35pm Fri 4 Apr 14

London Red says...

In other news - Preston have had 6 players arrested in relation to spot-fixing for matches this seaon and last season!
.
Surely the club will have to face sanctions if they are found guilty?
In other news - Preston have had 6 players arrested in relation to spot-fixing for matches this seaon and last season! . Surely the club will have to face sanctions if they are found guilty? London Red
  • Score: 0

4:10pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Graham8181 says...

London Red wrote:
Graham8181 wrote:
grove red wrote: The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.
this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench
Have you got a copy of that contract we can all see?
yeah I've got all the players contracts sat in my draw at home. i'll send this one over when I get back.
[quote][p][bold]London Red[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Graham8181[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grove red[/bold] wrote: The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.[/p][/quote]this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench[/p][/quote]Have you got a copy of that contract we can all see?[/p][/quote]yeah I've got all the players contracts sat in my draw at home. i'll send this one over when I get back. Graham8181
  • Score: 0

4:13pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Graham8181 says...

London Red wrote:
In other news - Preston have had 6 players arrested in relation to spot-fixing for matches this seaon and last season!
.
Surely the club will have to face sanctions if they are found guilty?
deducted 20 points sounds like a fair punishment ;)
[quote][p][bold]London Red[/bold] wrote: In other news - Preston have had 6 players arrested in relation to spot-fixing for matches this seaon and last season! . Surely the club will have to face sanctions if they are found guilty?[/p][/quote]deducted 20 points sounds like a fair punishment ;) Graham8181
  • Score: 0

4:13pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Oi Den! says...

London Red wrote:
In other news - Preston have had 6 players arrested in relation to spot-fixing for matches this seaon and last season!
.
Surely the club will have to face sanctions if they are found guilty?
IF. They may be not guilty or they may be guilty and get away with it. Anyway is it really right to punish the club? For a start, a player fixing something, e.g. getting himself sent off, can only be detrimental to his own side, so the club can't have gained any advantage. And how is a club supposed to know what's going on in its players' heads? I would be appalled if we were in that position and got punished for the actions of a few rogue players who are just passing through. Wouldn't you?
[quote][p][bold]London Red[/bold] wrote: In other news - Preston have had 6 players arrested in relation to spot-fixing for matches this seaon and last season! . Surely the club will have to face sanctions if they are found guilty?[/p][/quote]IF. They may be not guilty or they may be guilty and get away with it. Anyway is it really right to punish the club? For a start, a player fixing something, e.g. getting himself sent off, can only be detrimental to his own side, so the club can't have gained any advantage. And how is a club supposed to know what's going on in its players' heads? I would be appalled if we were in that position and got punished for the actions of a few rogue players who are just passing through. Wouldn't you? Oi Den!
  • Score: 1

4:36pm Fri 4 Apr 14

the wizard says...

London Red wrote:
In other news - Preston have had 6 players arrested in relation to spot-fixing for matches this seaon and last season!
.
Surely the club will have to face sanctions if they are found guilty?
I can see your thought line with this, but, it would be seemingly very unfair to punish the club for actions which the individuals concerned signed into obviously with out the clubs knowledge. I remember Bronco Lane of STFC being found guilty for similar offenses but why should the club, innocent directors, management and remaining players and supporters come to that have to suffer because of these idiots. Fine them, asset strip them, jail them, yes by all means, but the club has no way of knowing what these guys are doing.

A personal equivalent would be all bank employees being sanctioned because of the crisis brought about by the few idiots a couple of years back. No doubt you all felt soiled because the trust had been broken, so by the same token why should you suffer ?

I've always regarded PNE as an honorable club, I don't see why these players if found guilty should bring penalties upon the innocents.
[quote][p][bold]London Red[/bold] wrote: In other news - Preston have had 6 players arrested in relation to spot-fixing for matches this seaon and last season! . Surely the club will have to face sanctions if they are found guilty?[/p][/quote]I can see your thought line with this, but, it would be seemingly very unfair to punish the club for actions which the individuals concerned signed into obviously with out the clubs knowledge. I remember Bronco Lane of STFC being found guilty for similar offenses but why should the club, innocent directors, management and remaining players and supporters come to that have to suffer because of these idiots. Fine them, asset strip them, jail them, yes by all means, but the club has no way of knowing what these guys are doing. A personal equivalent would be all bank employees being sanctioned because of the crisis brought about by the few idiots a couple of years back. No doubt you all felt soiled because the trust had been broken, so by the same token why should you suffer ? I've always regarded PNE as an honorable club, I don't see why these players if found guilty should bring penalties upon the innocents. the wizard
  • Score: 0

5:11pm Fri 4 Apr 14

London Red says...

Its the other way round Wiz to your example
.
And this does incurr in other business in any industry
.
When individuals are found guilty of commiting a crime - the business they work for is punished alongsd the individual! Think how many millions have been paid in fines by banks using your example due to the action of a few - often rouge individuals - then all employees of that bank suffer following that
.
Granted PNE may have not benefited but what about the potential impact on other clubs due to those actions
.
Say a corner given away led to an equaliser that gives the team 5th from bottom the one point they need to stay up - is that fair on the relegated side in their place?
.
Or a player is sent off and in the game she is banned it means PNE suffer and another team gains an advantage to win promotion of get in the POs - is that fair on other sides who subsequently miss out? I'm sure if Orient missed out on £5m a season because of it - they won't be think its not PNE's fault - just the players!
Its the other way round Wiz to your example . And this does incurr in other business in any industry . When individuals are found guilty of commiting a crime - the business they work for is punished alongsd the individual! Think how many millions have been paid in fines by banks using your example due to the action of a few - often rouge individuals - then all employees of that bank suffer following that . Granted PNE may have not benefited but what about the potential impact on other clubs due to those actions . Say a corner given away led to an equaliser that gives the team 5th from bottom the one point they need to stay up - is that fair on the relegated side in their place? . Or a player is sent off and in the game she is banned it means PNE suffer and another team gains an advantage to win promotion of get in the POs - is that fair on other sides who subsequently miss out? I'm sure if Orient missed out on £5m a season because of it - they won't be think its not PNE's fault - just the players! London Red
  • Score: -1

5:59pm Fri 4 Apr 14

The Jockster says...

Graham8181 wrote:
grove red wrote:
The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.
this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench
Says who apart from you? This debate rolled on yesterday without any definite resolution so how do you know for a fact this is the case. Seems it me shine one first said so on here and it's since been taken as gospel, I'd like to see Coopernan say one way or the other.
[quote][p][bold]Graham8181[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grove red[/bold] wrote: The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.[/p][/quote]this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench[/p][/quote]Says who apart from you? This debate rolled on yesterday without any definite resolution so how do you know for a fact this is the case. Seems it me shine one first said so on here and it's since been taken as gospel, I'd like to see Coopernan say one way or the other. The Jockster
  • Score: -1

6:01pm Fri 4 Apr 14

the wizard says...

Yes ,I must admit to seeing your side, but live in the hope that the individuals get barred from the game for life and then stripped of all assets as well as sent down as a deterrent to others, if found guilty . I'd give them ten years with no remission so they would be too old anyway to play when released. A strong message needs to be sent out, and to those who instigate these bribes, they also should be asset stripped and suffer heavy punishments. Sorry if that sounds a bit strong, but there needs to be a heavy stance to stop this corruption where betting syndicates are picking up millions at the expense of misery for others.
Yes ,I must admit to seeing your side, but live in the hope that the individuals get barred from the game for life and then stripped of all assets as well as sent down as a deterrent to others, if found guilty . I'd give them ten years with no remission so they would be too old anyway to play when released. A strong message needs to be sent out, and to those who instigate these bribes, they also should be asset stripped and suffer heavy punishments. Sorry if that sounds a bit strong, but there needs to be a heavy stance to stop this corruption where betting syndicates are picking up millions at the expense of misery for others. the wizard
  • Score: 0

6:02pm Fri 4 Apr 14

The Jockster says...

Shine one typo = someone
Shine one typo = someone The Jockster
  • Score: 0

6:08pm Fri 4 Apr 14

the wizard says...

See more here,

http://www.bbc.co.uk
/news/uk-england-lan
cashire-26887860
See more here, http://www.bbc.co.uk /news/uk-england-lan cashire-26887860 the wizard
  • Score: 0

6:37pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Oi Den! says...

London Red wrote:
Its the other way round Wiz to your example
.
And this does incurr in other business in any industry
.
When individuals are found guilty of commiting a crime - the business they work for is punished alongsd the individual! Think how many millions have been paid in fines by banks using your example due to the action of a few - often rouge individuals - then all employees of that bank suffer following that
.
Granted PNE may have not benefited but what about the potential impact on other clubs due to those actions
.
Say a corner given away led to an equaliser that gives the team 5th from bottom the one point they need to stay up - is that fair on the relegated side in their place?
.
Or a player is sent off and in the game she is banned it means PNE suffer and another team gains an advantage to win promotion of get in the POs - is that fair on other sides who subsequently miss out? I'm sure if Orient missed out on £5m a season because of it - they won't be think its not PNE's fault - just the players!
LR, somehow I don't think you'd be advancing that argument if it was our players under investigation. You often seem to be arguing a matter of principle but it never seems to be when that principle goes against us. You don't like players who cheat, but when Caddis was throwing himself to the deck, the ref was wrong to book him. Then you turned against Caddis because he fell out with PDC (despite the fact that PDC specialised in falling out with everyone). Not so long ago clubs without money who pointed out our financial advantage were just jealous "crappy little clubs". Haven't heard you say that since we lost the backing of Andrew Black, who also apparently is now not quite the good chap he used to be.

So will you be asking for a points deduction for STFC if any Town players happen to be mixed up in these awful allegations? I won't.
[quote][p][bold]London Red[/bold] wrote: Its the other way round Wiz to your example . And this does incurr in other business in any industry . When individuals are found guilty of commiting a crime - the business they work for is punished alongsd the individual! Think how many millions have been paid in fines by banks using your example due to the action of a few - often rouge individuals - then all employees of that bank suffer following that . Granted PNE may have not benefited but what about the potential impact on other clubs due to those actions . Say a corner given away led to an equaliser that gives the team 5th from bottom the one point they need to stay up - is that fair on the relegated side in their place? . Or a player is sent off and in the game she is banned it means PNE suffer and another team gains an advantage to win promotion of get in the POs - is that fair on other sides who subsequently miss out? I'm sure if Orient missed out on £5m a season because of it - they won't be think its not PNE's fault - just the players![/p][/quote]LR, somehow I don't think you'd be advancing that argument if it was our players under investigation. You often seem to be arguing a matter of principle but it never seems to be when that principle goes against us. You don't like players who cheat, but when Caddis was throwing himself to the deck, the ref was wrong to book him. Then you turned against Caddis because he fell out with PDC (despite the fact that PDC specialised in falling out with everyone). Not so long ago clubs without money who pointed out our financial advantage were just jealous "crappy little clubs". Haven't heard you say that since we lost the backing of Andrew Black, who also apparently is now not quite the good chap he used to be. So will you be asking for a points deduction for STFC if any Town players happen to be mixed up in these awful allegations? I won't. Oi Den!
  • Score: 2

7:05pm Fri 4 Apr 14

London Red says...

The Jockster wrote:
Graham8181 wrote:
grove red wrote:
The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.
this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench
Says who apart from you? This debate rolled on yesterday without any definite resolution so how do you know for a fact this is the case. Seems it me shine one first said so on here and it's since been taken as gospel, I'd like to see Coopernan say one way or the other.
Exactly - if they HAVE to start then how has Mason got 6 sub appearances and Pritchard 2?????
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Graham8181[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grove red[/bold] wrote: The way stevens and troy are playing he will be on the bench in the future if hes lucky.[/p][/quote]this is my point he is on a contract where he has to play so he will not be on the bench[/p][/quote]Says who apart from you? This debate rolled on yesterday without any definite resolution so how do you know for a fact this is the case. Seems it me shine one first said so on here and it's since been taken as gospel, I'd like to see Coopernan say one way or the other.[/p][/quote]Exactly - if they HAVE to start then how has Mason got 6 sub appearances and Pritchard 2????? London Red
  • Score: 1

7:10pm Fri 4 Apr 14

London Red says...

Oi Den! wrote:
London Red wrote:
Its the other way round Wiz to your example
.
And this does incurr in other business in any industry
.
When individuals are found guilty of commiting a crime - the business they work for is punished alongsd the individual! Think how many millions have been paid in fines by banks using your example due to the action of a few - often rouge individuals - then all employees of that bank suffer following that
.
Granted PNE may have not benefited but what about the potential impact on other clubs due to those actions
.
Say a corner given away led to an equaliser that gives the team 5th from bottom the one point they need to stay up - is that fair on the relegated side in their place?
.
Or a player is sent off and in the game she is banned it means PNE suffer and another team gains an advantage to win promotion of get in the POs - is that fair on other sides who subsequently miss out? I'm sure if Orient missed out on £5m a season because of it - they won't be think its not PNE's fault - just the players!
LR, somehow I don't think you'd be advancing that argument if it was our players under investigation. You often seem to be arguing a matter of principle but it never seems to be when that principle goes against us. You don't like players who cheat, but when Caddis was throwing himself to the deck, the ref was wrong to book him. Then you turned against Caddis because he fell out with PDC (despite the fact that PDC specialised in falling out with everyone). Not so long ago clubs without money who pointed out our financial advantage were just jealous "crappy little clubs". Haven't heard you say that since we lost the backing of Andrew Black, who also apparently is now not quite the good chap he used to be.

So will you be asking for a points deduction for STFC if any Town players happen to be mixed up in these awful allegations? I won't.
You are just making random arguments up and twisting statements to try and fit your view point - which just makes it sound petty!
.
How do you know how I would react to illegal activities by own club or players?
.
Last time we were involved in illegal activities I watched us get relegated 2 divisions reduced to 1 on appeal.
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]London Red[/bold] wrote: Its the other way round Wiz to your example . And this does incurr in other business in any industry . When individuals are found guilty of commiting a crime - the business they work for is punished alongsd the individual! Think how many millions have been paid in fines by banks using your example due to the action of a few - often rouge individuals - then all employees of that bank suffer following that . Granted PNE may have not benefited but what about the potential impact on other clubs due to those actions . Say a corner given away led to an equaliser that gives the team 5th from bottom the one point they need to stay up - is that fair on the relegated side in their place? . Or a player is sent off and in the game she is banned it means PNE suffer and another team gains an advantage to win promotion of get in the POs - is that fair on other sides who subsequently miss out? I'm sure if Orient missed out on £5m a season because of it - they won't be think its not PNE's fault - just the players![/p][/quote]LR, somehow I don't think you'd be advancing that argument if it was our players under investigation. You often seem to be arguing a matter of principle but it never seems to be when that principle goes against us. You don't like players who cheat, but when Caddis was throwing himself to the deck, the ref was wrong to book him. Then you turned against Caddis because he fell out with PDC (despite the fact that PDC specialised in falling out with everyone). Not so long ago clubs without money who pointed out our financial advantage were just jealous "crappy little clubs". Haven't heard you say that since we lost the backing of Andrew Black, who also apparently is now not quite the good chap he used to be. So will you be asking for a points deduction for STFC if any Town players happen to be mixed up in these awful allegations? I won't.[/p][/quote]You are just making random arguments up and twisting statements to try and fit your view point - which just makes it sound petty! . How do you know how I would react to illegal activities by own club or players? . Last time we were involved in illegal activities I watched us get relegated 2 divisions reduced to 1 on appeal. London Red
  • Score: -3

9:30pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Oi Den! says...

Haha! Nice one LR. What's the answer then? It can't be a difficult question. Should a points deduction apply to any club that finds itself in Preston's position (if the players are found guilty)?

I'm not sure what point you're making about the illegal activities that led to the 1990 demotion. I thought the punishment we received was savage - disproportionate and clearly intended to take advantage of a small club, and its lack of clout, to make an example. Along with others, I fought tooth and nail to have the punishment reduced. We achieved some success.

The club did deserve some punishment in 1990 though, as it was the club's administration that engaged in systematic concealment of payments to players (and the creation of fraudulent documents) giving us an advantage in both signing and keeping players. There's a big difference between that and the stupid behaviour of mercenary footballers, who don't have the responsibility of stewardship.
Haha! Nice one LR. What's the answer then? It can't be a difficult question. Should a points deduction apply to any club that finds itself in Preston's position (if the players are found guilty)? I'm not sure what point you're making about the illegal activities that led to the 1990 demotion. I thought the punishment we received was savage - disproportionate and clearly intended to take advantage of a small club, and its lack of clout, to make an example. Along with others, I fought tooth and nail to have the punishment reduced. We achieved some success. The club did deserve some punishment in 1990 though, as it was the club's administration that engaged in systematic concealment of payments to players (and the creation of fraudulent documents) giving us an advantage in both signing and keeping players. There's a big difference between that and the stupid behaviour of mercenary footballers, who don't have the responsibility of stewardship. Oi Den!
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree