A SEXTET of Walcot boxers played their part in Paddy Fitzpatrick’s exciting showcase of talent at the Oasis Leisure Centre last Friday.

In front of a packed house the Swindon club enjoyed mixed fortunes, with three wins and three losses from their six bouts.

One of the stars of the show for Walcot was 16-year-old Or Ges Peroshi.

The Western Counties Youth champion met the more experienced Lee Knight from the City of Gloucester Boxing Club in a light-welterweight match.

From the outset the Wroughton-based Albanian attacked his opponent with left and right hooks. Knight bravely tried to counter with straight lefts, but the Walcot boxer’s relentless advances ensured he comfortably took the opener.

The middle session mirrored the first, with Peroshi on attack mode for the whole two minutes, with the Gloucester boxer countering where he could. The final round saw Peroshi continue his good work and coast to a unanimous points victory.

He said afterwards: “I am pleased to have performed well this evening in front of such a large crowd.”

Win number two for Walcot was supplied by Dorcan schoolboy Drew Hunt.

The 11-year-old was involved in a re-match with Lewis Roberts from the host club. This talented pair had met on the Walcot show in November, with Hunt coming out on top after a narrow points win.

After three rounds of non-stop action on Friday, history repeated itself, with the Walcot boxer prevailing once again on points.

Bringing up the Walcot win treble was their professional jockey Felix De Giles.

The 25-year-old encountered Elliott Morrison from the City of Gloucester Boxing Club in a welterweight clash.

During the opening exchanges the Gloucester boxer was quicker to the punch, scoring with left jabs to take the opening round.

However, former Cheltenham Festival winning jockey De Giles raised his game over the next two rounds, scoring with left jabs and several straight rights.

After three tough rounds of action the ringside judges awarded De Giles a unanimous points verdict.

Swindon Academy schoolboy Freddy Farrar was unlucky not to also gain a win.

After a quiet opening round, the 13-year-old appeared to win the last two rounds against Joe Dilling from Devizes ABC. But to the dismay of the Walcot camp it was Dilling who had his arm raised by the referee.

Twelve-year-old James Anderson boxed well in defeat against Dillon Edwards from Bristol’s Sweatbox club. Edwards made the better start to this battle of 12-year-olds, landing with heavy left hooks, but James bravely battled back, working behind an effective left jab to score on the counter.

A close bout ended with a unanimous points’ victory to the Bristolian.

Welterweight Josh Osman was the last man on for Walcot. The 25-year-old faced Fitzpatricks boxer Garvey Kelly in another re-match from the Walcot show.

Osman won on points last time out but Kelly gained his revenge on this occasion, winning a scrappy contest on a unanimous points decision.

Walcot chief coach Harry Scott said: “Many thanks to Paddy Fitzpatrick for matching six of my boxers on his show. They all did well, and I am proud of all of them.”