THE boardroom rumblings at Swindon Town continued yesterday, as members of Seebeck 87 Ltd spent much of the day in meetings inside the County Ground.

The holding company which acquired Andrew Black’s controlling stake in the Robins in January 2013 claims it still owns the football club, despite the publicising of a takeover by chairman Lee Power’s Swinton Reds 20 Ltd back in December, and the High Court will decide on April 29 whether to give the green light to Seebeck’s intentions to install three new directors onto the Town board.

Until that point, those three individuals - Adam Fynn, David Smith and Debbie Priestnall - have been given clearance to be what Swinton Reds are terming ‘observer directors’, with no mandate to vote on resolutions.

Seebeck do not accept that terminology, however, and in a statement released on Friday they suggested that the trio had given an undertaking not to enact any resolutions until the case is heard at the end of the month.

One of the three, David Smith, was seen by the Advertiser at the County Ground yesterday. A chartered accountant, Smith arrived alongside Seebeck board member Steve Murrall, Martin King and a fourth man - believed to be Seebeck’s legal counsel.

The quartet entered the ground at 11.10am. Around an hour later, Murrall and King exited the ground alongside the fourth individual, who was seen to make two phone calls before re-entering.

Murrall and King left the stadium but Smith and the fourth man remained for most of the afternoon. The three other members of the Seebeck board - Fynn, Priestnall and Jed McCrory - were not in attendance, while the Advertiser understands neither of Swindon Town Football Company Ltd’s two existing directors - Power and Sangita Shah - were present.

Swinton Reds failed in an attempt to obtain an injunction preventing Seebeck from placing three new faces on the club’s board at a court hearing in London last week, with the case adjourned to April 29.

Fynn, Smith and Priestnall then arrived at the County Ground alongside Murrall and King on Thursday but were denied access to the club’s meeting rooms for several hours before being asked to leave the premises at 5pm.

In their statement, released on Friday, Seebeck suggested Swinton Reds had “obstructed the intention of the court.”

Back in December, Power said he had exercised an option which allowed him to take the majority shareholding of the club from Jed McCrory.

Since then, according to the statement released by Swinton Reds on Friday, the club has pursued legal action against McCrory, who has not been present at any of the recent meetings at the County Ground.