KELVIN Young is unlikely to defend his IBO super-middleweight inter-continental crown against former world title challenger Ruben Acosta on June 7.
The governing body had yesterday afternoon listed the contest on their website, but Young’s Greenbridge-based manager and promoter Keith Mayo said that they had ‘jumped the gun’.
“We had put his name forward, but it is unlikely to happen,” Mayo said. “Negotiations have broken down.
“We close to getting an opponent - we have gone through 20 so far - but the IBO have jumped the gun on this one.”