DAVE Webb says that Swindon Supermarine can’t allow Saturday’s misfortune to play on their mind when they go looking to bounce back to winning ways at Wantage Town this afternoon (kick-off 3pm).

Josh Morse was penalised for handball as he lay prone on the floor during Marine’s 2-0 defeat at the hands of Taunton Town whilst there was controversy at the other end of the pitch as Dan Drewitt was chopped down by Peacocks’ keeper Joe Perry just outside the area.

Winger Drewitt was denied the opportunity to cancel out a 1-0 deficit as Perry escaped with a yellow card and injury was added to insult as the Marine man was carried off with a damaged shin.

“With the penalty, he’s gone slid in to make a tackle and the ball’s been driven at him from not far away. It’s one of those that some refs would give and some refs wouldn’t,” said Webb’s Wood chief Webb.

“But with the incident with Dan Drewitt, we could have been back at 1-1, playing against ten men.

“Their keeper has lunged in two-footed and completely taken Dan out of the game – if that had been an outfield player, the referee would have had the red card before he’s even gotten over to where the tackle took place.

“When I left the ground on Saturday, Dan was in quite a bad way with his shin and hopefully it’s just severe bruising.

“When you’re not winning games, it seems like things don’t go for you, but Saturday is gone now and we can’t let ourselves get down about it.

“The decisions didn’t go our way but the performance was a lot more solid – right at the end, Luke Hopper has just lifted the ball over the bar and they’ve gone straight down the other end to score a second.

“I never thought that we’d lose four of our first five games but that’s the way it is and we’ve got to try and put in a performance at Wantage. They had their first win on Saturday and we know it’s going to be difficult.”

Steve Murray slotted home the visitors’ first-half penalty on Saturday before Jamie Short made it 2-0 to Taunton late on.

Full-back Marcus Johnston-Schuster, who has joined Marine on dual registration terms from Conference South Basingstoke Town, played the full 90 minutes whilst midfielder Ryan O’Hara, who has rejoined the club after a long-term spell on the sidelines, came off the bench to replace the injured Drewitt.

Webb added: “I thought that Marcus did really well on his debut and I was also impressed with Ryan when he came on – he’s been out for a long time after having a hip operation.

“Mark Flanagan is still a week or so away and obviously Dan Drewitt is a doubt for Wantage.”