ONLY two games were possible in the Swindon & District League over the weekend, as waterlogged pitches and the Wiltshire Junior Cup forced a stripped down schedule.

In the one Premier Division match that took place, Fratellos leapt back to the top of the table with a crushing 8-2 victory over lowly Lower Stratton.

Stratton had gone into the game hoping to make amends for their 4-1 defeat at the hands of AFC Glove the previous Saturday but were quickly ripped apart at the seams by a rampant Fratellos.

Kyle Romain handed the hosts the lead early on before Giovanni De Sando made it two inside the first 10 minutes.

Stratton hit back but Fratellos were not fazed and stormed into a 5-1 lead at the break.

De Sando notched his second while Steven Bunting and Dave Slattery also registered as the home side put themselves out of sight before half-time.

Fratellos completed their sixth win out of six in the league this season with three more goals in the second half.

Richard Plumb netted a double after the interval before Ricky Flannagan rounded off the scoring.

In Division One, Larry’s Plaice were on the end of a 10-1 hammering at Bassett Bulldogs.

The visitors still haven’t won since late September after they were blown away by a Bulldogs side which have now tasted victory in each of their last four matches, having lost their first three games of the new campaign.

Bassett were 2-0 up at the break but ran riot in the second half.

Ashley Sheppard’s goal for Larry’s Plaice was barely consolation as Chris Edwards scored a hat-trick for the hosts, Wayne Matthews, Mark Adams and Dave Lazenby all struck doubles and Colin Cochrane also registered.

Bulldogs have now found the net a remarkable 22 times in their last three outings in all competitions.

In the Wiltshire Junior Cup, a handful of local sides made a safe transition through to the third round.

DJC Marlborough won 3-1 at Calne Eagles after extra time, Madames thrashed Spectrum 8-1 away from home and NALGO Wanderers also won on the road - 3-1 at AFC Wroughton.

FC South Marston slipped up 5-3 at The Lamb and Swiss Chalet Rangers exited the competition following a 2-1 home defeat to Chalke Valley.