SUPERMARINE extended their unbeaten run to seven matches with a hard-earned 2-0 victory at Evesham in Division One South & West.

The injury-hit Swindon side were denied by two near misses when Ash Edenborough had his penalty saved midway through the first half and also minutes into the second period, as Danny Allen’s free kick smacked against the bar.

But eventually Marine got themselves on the scoresheet and it was Edenborough that atoned for his earlier miss in getting both within a matter of moments.

With 76 minutes on the clock, Danny Hilder whipped in a terrific ball from the left which was laid on a plate for Edenborough to sidefoot home.

Soon after substitute Josh Fowler played behind the back line and Edenborough rolled underneath the keeper to make it 2-0.

Marine boss Dave Webb said: “Seven straight wins in any league is an achievement but in this league it’s unbelievable. The players are showing great togetherness and resilience.

“We had a few injuries but we had to pick ourselves up and try and do our thing.

“I suppose the most important thing is the way we played the game given that we only had 12 players who were actually fit.

“We dominated possession of the game but Kent (Kauppinen) made a great save at 0-0 which if they had scored might have meant we would have gone on to lose the game.

“Craig Curtis and Dave Bampton were absolutely immense in the centre of defence, and laid the foundations for everything else.

“We’ve stopped giving away silly goals now and that’s given our offensive players the chance to go and play.

“We passed the ball so well again and the players deserve all the accolades they are getting.

“All the hard work that the staff and the players are putting in is starting to pay off. We’ve got an excellent group here.”

Elsewhere in the division, Cirencester secured a thrilling 3-2 win over Sholing to keep their promotion charge on track.

Jamie Reid and Sam Collier had given the Centurions the ideal start inside the opening 20 minutes before Barry Mason pulled a goal back from the spot midway through the first half, Marvin McLean set up a nervy finale when he netted on 70 minutes, but in the first minute of added time, Sam Packer handed the visitors victory.

In the Southern Premier, Chippenham were beaten by a single goal at Redditch as their league campaign continues to stutter.

Gary Moran got the only goal of the game after 13 minutes when the home side took a quick free kick and Moran’s potshot somehow found its way into the net courtesy of a wicked deflection.