DAVE Webb detected a pleasing streak of determination within his Swindon Supermarine side as they battled to their third straight Southern League West to leapfrog the vanquished Bristol Manor Farm into third place in the table at the Webbswood Stadium.

Marine completed a highly satisfying four days as they followed up the 4-2 midweek success over Larkhall Athletic with Joe Selman's second-half winner deciding it.

Having suffered recent disappointment in the cup competitions, with home exits in both FA Cup and FA Trophy as well as league reverses to Taunton and Wimborne, Webb feels his side are getting back on course with the two victories, having won just two in the seven prior games.

"I'm over the moon really. It was a fantastic performance, a real hard game,'' said Webb

"They (Manor Farm) are a good side. They've been in the top three all season and certainly came to frustrate us and tried to stop us playing.

"They had five across the back which made it difficult for us to break them down.

"But we kept plugging away and eventually got our goal through Joe Selman and some of our football was excellent.

"We just have to continue in that vein. We're up into the top three now and hopefully, with the players coming back to fitness that have been injured, we've got a competitive group of players there.''

Connor Thompson struck the bar in the opening 45 minutes, while Josh Parsons also fired over the top for Webb's men, but the decisive moment arrived 10 minutes into the second period as Selman's effort was deflected past Farm goalkeeper Ashley Clarke.

Marine also handed 75 minutes to experienced debutant Matt Coupe and Webb added: "It's a good, young group and we've got a couple of new signings brought in

"Ash Taylor gets the scan on his foot (on Monday) and hopefully that will be positive for him.

"Harrison Bennett (new signing) didn't play - he had a bit of a tight hamstring having only just returned to full training.

"(But) Matt Coupe made his debut and, as you would expect with someone of his vast experience, got 75 minutes from him before he had a bit of a hamstring (issue), so we took him off.

"He did very well and him and Zac Westlake were the rock of the defence.

"I thought the players really were up for it. They played for each other and they played for the club and showed a lot of passion, as we all do in different ways, and we're all delighted with the result.''