CALLUM Parsons’ first-half strike was enough to claim all three points for Highworth Town against Brackley Town Saints in a 1-0 win.

The result means Jeff Roberts’ side moved four points clear of second-placed Bracknell Tow, who were involved in FA Vase action, in the Hellenic League Premier Division.

So far this campaign the Worthians have lost three games across all competitions, their most recent being a shock exit from the Challenge Cup courtesy of a defeat to Hellenic League Division One West’s Shrivenham in midweek.

But despite the narrow margin of victory for the hosts, Roberts was happy to claim their 15th win of the season.

"I thought we played well in the first half and we could have gone in three or four up," he said.

"We didn't take our chances and their keeper made some good saves. They (Brackley) are a young team so they are quite well organised.

"They work hard, so they came here to play the game which is similar to ourselves.

"The second half was a little bit frustrating because it was quite scrappy but they didn't really test our keeper."

Highworth are back in action on Wednesday, where they host Laverstock & Ford in the Wiltshire Senior Cup.

Fellow Hellenic League Premier Division side Fairford Town were also in action, as they recorded a much-needed win over Burnham.

Jody Bevan's side started the day bottom of the league, but moved up one place following their 3-1 away win.

Dan Bailey got a goal either side of half-time, while Aaron Dainton also added his name to the scoresheet.

Fairford now face a long wait until they are back in action, with their next fixture scheduled for Tuesday, November 21 against Brimscombe & Thrupp at The Meadow.

Rich Hunter's Royal Wootton Bassett were also handed a break, although there was little his side could do as their FA Vase clash with Horndean was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Bassett were due to play Trowbridge Town in the Wiltshire Senior Cup on Wednesday but that will be rearranged with the Horndean tie now expected on Tuesday night.

In Hellenic League Division One West, Gareth Davies' Shrivenham also had their game with North Leigh United called off, due to a waterlogged pitch.

Meanwhile, the hunt for a second win continued for New College after they were convincingly beaten by second-placed Easington Sports, who ran out 4-0 winners on Saturday afternoon.