NICKY Watt’s final game in a Wildcats jersey ended in defeat after the Link Centre side lost 5-4 at Bracknell after penalties.

In a thrilling encounter, a shootout goal from ex-Swindon favourite Matt Foord subjected his former club to their 10th overtime defeat out of 10 in the EPL this season.

Watt went knuckle to knuckle with Alan Lack in a bruising third period that also saw Tomas Fojtik let his fists loose on James Galazzi, and the forward - set to be unveiled by title-chasing Basingstoke - admitted he was worse for wear after two fights in as many days.

“I’m battered, a couple of new hands would be nice,” said Watt.

“I’ll be at the hospital for an appointment with a hand specialist on Monday and then probably A&E for an X-ray.

“I’m sad to leave the boys, but there’s new challenges ahead and we’ll see how that goes.

“It was a topsy-turvy affair, I felt Tom Murdy stood on his head and made some massive saves.

“We weren’t clinical enough but we showed a lot of heart in the last couple of minutes to pick up another goal (taking the game to overtime).

“To come back like that, you have to see it as a point gained.”

With Joe Baird and Aaron Nell binned, the Bees seized an early lead courtesy of a tap-in for Shaun Thompson (4.59).

However, early in period two Fojtik took advantage of little pressure to beat Carl Ambler (20.45).

The giant Czech was then in the right place to convert again at 28.19, following an almighty scramble.

And despite being short-handed, Swindon’s lead became 3-1 when Nell finished off a rapid counter-attack.

In a nightmare start to period three for the visitors, Scott Spearing netted on the powerplay (41.00) and then Ollie Bronnimann got in on the act (41.16).

The game’s two major fights then ensued with Fojtik and Pavel Strycek both getting game penalties for their roles in the episode.

Seconds after play resumed, Lukas Smital put the Bees ahead once more, only for Joe Baird to send the game to overtime on the powerplay at 58.48.

Unfortunately for Swindon, after a goalless extra period, Nell, Matias Perkkio, Jonas Hoog and Paul Swindlehurst all missed, and Foord struck home the winner.

On Saturday, Swindon conceded four goals in six mad minutes as they faltered at home to the Bees.

Watt pounded Galazzi with his fists inside 30 seconds before head coach Ryan Aldridge fired home a slapshot through traffic (13.33).

In period two Galazzi shot past Dean Skinns to level on the powerplay (22.44) and 18 seconds later a slapshot from Jan Bendik put the visitors in front.

At 28.19 Thompson netted with a wristshot on the angle, and Smital’s double powerplay effort at 28.54 left Wildcats stunned.

Hoog restored some sanity to the scoreline but at 35.07 Spearing made it 5-2 and Skinns was swiftly replaced by Murdy.

Bendik got his second at 56.55 to condemn Swindon to a disappointing home defeat.