DAVID Flitcroft was disappointed with the chain of events surrounding the injury suffered by Luke Norris amid fears the Swindon Town forward may have dislocated his shoulder again during today’s 2-0 win over Cambridge United at the Energy Check County Ground.

Top scorer Norris, who suffered a left shoulder dislocation during Town’s 2-1 win at Carlisle on the opening day of the season, left the field just after the hour mark cradling the same area after going down in the visitors’ penalty area.

The 10-goal man lay prone on the turf for a couple of minutes before gingerly getting to his feet and signalling to the bench that his match was over.

But Flitcroft expressed his displeasure at both Cambridge continuing to play on for several minutes and referee Andy Woolmer allowing them to as Norris was suffering.

“We’ve not got the intel on that,’’ said the Town manager, of the injury to Norris.

“He’s in a sling and I’m presuming the shoulder has popped again but I can’t give a definitive on that.

“He’s a tough old boy and it gave Harry (Smith) a chance to come on and make an impact.’’

Referring to Cambridge playing on, to the evident displeasure off both the Town bench and home supporters, the manager added: “I’m disappointed. The worrying thing for me is that I’ve got the knowledge that six weeks ago the boy was in real pain with it.

“I’m saying to the fourth official that this kid is struggling, he’s not feigning injury, he’s not trying to take time. We all know that Luke Norris has got a problem with his shoulder.

“The worry is that it that pain is too severe and he goes into shock, that’s the danger.

“The ref was fantastic after the game. We had a quick chat about it.

“If that would have been me I would have been screaming to my players to kick the ball out because I’m the manager of the football club and it’s on my head.

“I said to the fourth official that I’ve got knowledge. This guy (Norris) he’s struggling six weeks ago with this and I don’t want him passing out with pain.’’

Smith swept the ball into the net in the final minutes to wrap up the three points for the home side after Keshi Anderson’s second goal for the club had given Swindon the lead after 13 minutes.

Flitcroft saw new signing Matt Preston impress in central defence on his Town debut, but also lost scheduled substitute Timi Elsnik to a groin problem in the warm-up and revealed defender Chris Robertson absent caring for his child who was admitted to hospital.

The manager added: “Out of good shape and good structure we created some good chances. It was 2-0 but Keshi could have had three or four.

“I’m delighted for the players because they put one hell of a shift in but they’re continuing to do that to make sure that’s what Swindon Town represents.’’