Exeter are the new leaders of League Two after they beat Carlisle and Notts County drew 1-1 with Forest Green.

After defeat by Mansfield last weekend, County looked poised for another shock loss against the team who started the day bottom of the table.

Omar Bugiel put Forest Green ahead on the half-hour mark but Robert Milsom salvaged a point for County deep into stoppage time.

Exeter moved two points ahead of County after Pierce Sweeney’s goal settled matters with Carlisle.

Luton leapfrogged Accrington and closed to within two points of Notts County thanks to a 2-0 win at Stanley.

Both goals came in the first half, with James Collins opening the scoring in the 22nd minute and Danny Hylton netting a penalty a minute before the break.

Teenage QPR loanee Eberechi Eze was the star of the show as Wycombe maintained their excellent away form with a 3-1 win over Cambridge.

Eze, 19, netted his first senior goal moments after half-time and then doubled his tally in the 57th minute with another fine finish.

Medy Elito halved the deficit with a 70th-minute penalty but Leon Legge was sent off late on before Josh Umerah made the points safe for Wanderers.

Neil Aspin saw Port Vale take the lead in his first game as manager but they slipped to a 2-1 home defeat to Grimsby.

Tom Pope put Vale ahead in the 39th minute but Grimsby responded with second-half goals from Sam Jones and Siriki Dembele.

Vale are level on five points at the bottom of the table with Chesterfield, who were beaten 2-1 by Lincoln.

Michael Bostwick put the Imps ahead in the 17th minute before an Andy Kellett own goal eight minutes later. Kristian Dennis netted from the penalty spot late on for Chesterfield but they could not find an equaliser.

Crawley gained an important 1-0 victory over Morecambe to climb to 17th in the table, Billy Clifford scoring the only goal in the 18th minute. Morecambe’s cause was not helped by Kevin Ellison’s dismissal 11 minutes before half-time.

Sean Murray and Mikael Mandron both scored in the first half in Colchester’s 2-0 win over Mansfield while Newport defeated Yeovil 2-0.

Padraig Amond opened the scoring on the stroke of half-time while Joss Labadie netted the second in the 55th minute.

Jordan Bowery struck deep into stoppage time to earn Crewe a 1-0 victory over Stevenage, who missed a first-half penalty, while Barnet and Coventry drew 0-0 in the lunchtime kick-off at the Hive.