Jorge Grant scored twice as Notts County moved back to the top of the table with a 3-0 win against 10-man Newport.

The Exiles were reduced to 10 men after 34 minutes when Dan Butler was dismissed. Newport fell behind shortly afterwards when Grant slotted in a Jon Stead pass.

Shola Ameobi doubled the Magpies’ lead with a neat finish after 52 minutes before Grant scored his second of the match three minutes later.

Accrington are up to second following a crushing 4-1 win at home to Barnet thanks to goals from Sean McConville, Jordan Clark, Billy Kee and Kayden Jackson.

Barnet bagged a consolation goal through Jamal Campbell-Ryce, who had earlier missed a penalty.

Luton, who topped the table at the start of play, were beaten 3-0 at home by Coventry, thanks to Marc McNulty, Jordan Shipley and Duckens Nazon, while Luton had Glen Rea dismissed.

Cheltenham came from 3-1 down to take a point in a 3-3 draw at Wycombe.

Brian Graham was left unmarked to score the opening goal for the Robins from four yards but Wycombe were back on level terms early in the second half when Ebere Eze turned in Sam Saunders’ low cross.

The Chairboys turned the game on its head shortly afterwards when Adebayo Akinfenwa converted the rebound from Nick Freeman’s shot and the burly striker made it nine for the season with a neat finish at the end of a flowing passing move.

Cheltenham refused to give up, however, and after Carl Winchester made it 3-2 with a well-taken strike, a powerful header from Graham snatched them a point.

Lee Holmes rescued Exeter a point in a 1-1 draw at Mansfield, while Mikael Mandron scored twice for Colchester as they came from behind to beat Crewe 3-1.

Keanu Marsh-Brown set Forest Green on their way to a 2-0 success against Morecambe and Kristian Dennis snatched a point for Chesterfield in a 2-2 draw at home to Carlisle.

Yeovil finished their clash with Stevenage with nine men but were already leading 3-0 through a Sam Surridge brace and an Olufela Olomola effort.

Olomola was sent off for his part in a 22-man melee and shortly afterwards another red was brandished as Kevin Toner was dismissed for Stevenage to make it 10-a-side.

The Glovers finished with nine when Francois Zoko was sent off for a high challenge but they comfortably held on.

The games between Grimsby and Cambridge and Lincoln and Crawley ended goalless.