Abbey Meads started the game strong as we wanted to end the first quarter in the lead. The current league table stood with both teams on 21 points, so we knew we were going to be in for a fight for the win! After some great support work from Susan Maggs as WA and Christina Barrow as C, Nat Cole, GA and Jennifer Purcell, GS, were able to dominate the attack D to end the first quarter 12 - 5 to Abbey. With no changes for the second quarter, the Abbey team continued to work well on attack with some great defensive interceptions from Coli Cunningham, GD and Nicola Gilhespy, GK to increase the lead and make the half time score 21-16. We were in the great position of having a full squad, with all 11 girls available to play. Unfortunately, the D captain, Purcell, made a few too many changes at once for the third quarter, and so the flow of the team was unsettled as everyone tried to adjust, enabling Ferndale to bring the score back up to within a point. Starting the final quarter 26 - 25 to Abbey, we returned back to the starting line-up but switching in Lyndsey Sutton for Sian Wait on WD. This really turned up the pressure as both teams could smell the win. After a tense 15 minutes of alternately going in the lead and then Ferndale equalising, Abbey managed to squeeze out the extra goal for the closest win of the season yet! Player of the match was Christina Barrow.

Final score: Abbey Meads D 34 - Ferndale B 33 Abbey Meads E vs Pinehurst E We had the first centre against Pinehurst, the first 5 minutes we made a few mistakes but then got into the game and got some great balls into our shoots Emma and Katie who both got many goals and if not, fought for and mostly got the interceptions. Centres were working well and movement down the court was good, if not a bit too fast! At the end of the first quarter we were ahead 13-6. The second quarter worked really well, positioning in the attacking circle to get high balls into the shoots. Danielle, Teresa and Jo marked the Pinehurst attack well on the centres and managed to turn over a few for us to take down to our attacking circle. Katie unfortunately took a nasty fall 3/4's through the second quarter and had to come off, Georgina came on. The last few minutes we made a few mistakes with our passing, but second quarter ended 26-7. Gemma came on as WD and after making an interception in the first minutes unfortunately dislocated her shoulder, due to an ambulance being called we had to leave her to play on another court, this made us all feel quite guilty. After a minute of awkwardness we got back into the game Tammy, Lissa and Jo got some great interceptions, and we carried on shooting well. Pinehurst girls never gave up with their fast passing and energetic movement which we struggled to mark at the end of the game. A great game despite the injuries for our team! The game ended 51-16 and player of the match was awarded to Tammy.

Based on information supplied by Jennifer Purcell.