FORMER cabbie Nathan Blake, who went on the run in Thailand while facing court for two separate drunken assaults, is behind bars.

Blake, 46, was part of a three-man attack in the smoking area of Revolution along with former pub boss John Doyle and his son Michael Doyle.

And before he fled to the Far East, to live with his Thai wife, Blake also head butted the landlord of the same Bridge Street bar.

But when Blake returned home last month he was arrested and held in custody until he faced the music at Swindon Crown Court.

Now a judge has given him 14 months for the group attack having been told he has already served an eight week sentence for the head butt.

Michael Hall, prosecuting, said Blake was with John Doyle, 50, and 28-year-old Michael in Revolution ay about 1.30am on Monday, March 25, 2013.

He said Blake was standing chatting with Shaun Collins, who had his hands in his pockets when Doyle senior came out and landed a hefty punch to his face.

Mr Collins went to the ground while John stood over him and Michael kept people away before the victim's friend Isaiah Allison approached.

John Doyle then struck Mr Allison to the face and his son Michael joined in, landing a number of blows while his dad held him.

In the ensuing melee Blake also joined in, punching Mr Allison from behind at least eight times, before stamping on his leg when he fell to the ground.

Mr Hall said Blake had to be pulled away from the victim, who had suffered a broken jaw, as the three left the scene.

When he was questioned the defendant said he had consumed six pints of lager and half a bottle of vodka that night.

Blake, of no fixed abode but who formerly lived with Michael Doyle on Dydale Road, Taw Hill, pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm.

The court heard in June 2013 he head butted the landlord of Revolution and was convicted by magistrates in absence after he fled to Thailand.

Mike Pulsford, defending, said on his return early last month he was sentenced by the justices to eight weeks behind bars.

He said he had gone over to support his wife, with whom he has a child, working on the family farm in Thailand. But he said he needed to come back to the UK to work and earn money to help support them, though he may struggle to get a taxi licence with his convictions.

He said he was full of remorse for what he had done and pointed out that he could not be held responsible for any of the serious injuries caused.

Mr Pulsford said that he would want to return to be with his wife in Thailand when he could and also had children in the UK from a previous marriage.

Jailing him for 16 months, Judge Tim Mousley QC said: "I accept that you didn't cause the main injuries but you were part of the attack that did.

"The starting point is 18 months. It is made worse by the fact that you are someone who has previous convictions for assault.

"It is made worse by the fact that this happened in the licensed premises, and on licensed premises where you have committed another assault.

"Also you were under the influence of drink and part of a group of three people who were involved in this attack."

Last December John, of Penhill Drive, was jailed for 19 months for causing greivous bodily harm and common assault. Michael recieved a suspended sentence for GBH.