SWINDON: Magistrates banned a boy of 16 from spitting on people and climbing on the roof of a community centre.

The Swindon bench banned the teen from driving for a year after he admitted taking a car without the consent of the owner and it was damaged before being recovered.

The boy, who cannot be named because he is under 18, also pleaded guilty to carrying out a racially aggravated assault. He was already on a youth rehabilitation order.

He admitted breaching the order and was re-sentenced for the original offences of attempting criminal damage, assault, contempt of court, a racially aggravated public order offence and two counts of racially aggravated harassment.

The bench handed down an 18-month supervision and surveillance order with a three- month electronically tagged curfew.

He was given a one-year criminal behaviour order banning him from spitting, or trying to spit on anyone, not to do wheelies on roads and not to use a push bike to get in anyone’s way. He was not to go to Buckhurst Community Centre – inside it, on the roof, the car park or the road outside and must stay away from Baileys Farm Gardens building.

SWINDON: Tracy Manser, 28, of Crawford Close, Freshbrook, who stole baby clothing valued at £45 from Asda, while she was on a suspended sentence for a series of thefts, was fined £50 by the town’s magistrates.

Manser, who admitted the charge, had been given the sentence on January 2 for seven thefts and an attempted theft. But she stole again on January 21.

She was given a new six-week sentence suspended for a year and instructed to carry on with drug treatment and rehabilitation.

SWINDON: Lee Segelov, 39, of Holbein Close, Grange Park was instructed to undergo drug treatment after stealing more than £61-worth of meat from Marks and Spencer.

Swindon magistrates heard he was on a suspended sentence imposed on December 12 when he carried out the offence on February 9. He admitted both allegations.

The bench handed down a community order and the operation period of his suspended sentence was extended from 12 months to 14.

Segelove must pay £170 in victim surcharge and prosecution costs.

SWINDON: Gemma Williams, 28, of Stonefield Close, Eastleaze, stole alcohol valued at £160 from Morrisons.

She then went on to commit two more thefts at the One Stop in Toothill Village Centre, totalling £64.

Williams, who is also known by the surname Moran, admitted all three charges when she appeared in the dock at Swindon Magistrates Court. The bench imposed a 12-month community order and told her she must pay £190 compensation.

PURTON: A boy of 17 was fined £183 after he was caught driving a car in Purton when he did not have a driving licence.

The teenager, pleaded guilty to the charge along with having no insurance and his licence was endorsed with six penalty points.

He was instructed top pay £115 towards victim services and court costs.

SWINDON: A 13-year-old boy was given a six-month youth rehabilitation order after he admitted using threatening behaviour and obstructing a police officer while he was already on an order.

The child also admitted breaching a bail condition banning him from contacting a co-defendant. Magistrates heard the original order had been imposed in September for assault, possession of an offensive weapon.

He was told he must do 12 hours of reparation and pay a victim surcharge of £20.

SWINDON: A teenager of 17 who was found in Montgomery Avenue with a machete-style knife has been made the subject of a 12-month youth rehabilitation order and told to take part in a weapons awareness group.

SWINDON: Magistrates imposed a detention and training order on a youth of 17 who was found in a play park with an extendable baton.

The boy was in the Buckhurst park in Walcot on December 19. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was told he was being sentenced because of the seriousness of the offence.

SWINDON: A youth of 17 who assaulted a police officer on New Year’s Day, must pay him £75 compensation.

The boy appeared before Swindon magistrates and pleaded guilty to the charge. The bench instructed him to pay £85 prosecution costs on top.