IF what is written on the back of this image is accurate, it was taken in 1923 in the cellar of what is now the remains of the Locarno in Old Town.

At the time, the former Town Hall and Corn Exchange, built in the middle of the previous century, was home to Brown and Plummer, a wine merchant.

In later incarnations, as many Rewind readers will be aware, the building was home to a music venue and later a bowling alley before becoming disused and badly damaged by two fires.

The prominent building was first Listed in 1951 and is classified as Grade II.

There are plans to make it the centrepiece of a new development of flats, shops and offices.