THIS Swindon building was first seen in about 1700 and last seen in 1964 when the wrecking ball came for it.

Just visible at the left of the image is a clue to its location - the corner of High Street and Newport Street.

Part of the Co-op now occupies the space where the building and the structures attached to it stood.

According to the Victoria County Histories volume for Wiltshire, the old building with its six bays of windows was called Manchester House.

It seems to have been built for a member of the merchant class in what was then a market town.

In the years before demolition, antiques were sold in the shop the pedestrian is passing.