WILTSHIRE'S fire service are urging the public to be careful with blaze hazards over Christmas.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service have warned of the extra fire risk over the festive period.

Ian Hopkins said: “Christmas is a time for festive cheer with family and friends but fairy lights, candles and decorations mean it is also a time to take extra care to keep loved ones safe."

"To ensure you have merry Christmas, keep fire safety at the top of your list. Ensure you place candles in suitable holders and away from curtains, never leave cooking unattended and, of course, test your smoke alarms."