A BASEMENT sex fiend has been recalled to prison after leading police on a 70mph chase through Old Town.

Anthony Ford was jailed for 10 years in 2013 for the brutal rape of a teen boy in a Gloucester cellar.

Then 16-years-old, Ford and another boy lured their victim into a basement, rubbed cement dust in his face, stripped and beat him, stubbed a cigarette out on his skin then molested him. The judge labelled it one of the most brutal, depraved and disgusting pieces of behaviour considered by the court.

Now, Ford is back in prison – and is likely to remain there for at least the next few months – after he was jailed at Swindon Crown Court on Friday for dangerous driving.

The 23-year-old was behind the wheel of his new Audi for the first time on December 12 last year when he was spotted by a police officer in an unmarked car. It was around 10.15pm, it had been raining and the roads were wet, the court heard.

The car was uninsured and its driver did not have a licence. Ford panicked when he saw a marked police car.

He made off from the officers at speed. He drove on the wrong side of the road and took a roundabout the wrong way in a bid to escape.

Police followed the Audi along Newport Street, down Croft Road and onto Springfield Drive and Westlecot Road at speeds of up to 70mph – more than twice the speed limit.

The chase ended when Ford crashed into a wall on Field Rise, causing almost £500-worth of damage.

He jumped from the vehicle and tried to flee, but was caught by police. His uncle, a passenger in the car, was unhurt in the crash.

Ford, formerly of Bath Road, Old Town, pleaded guilty at the magistrates’ court to dangerous driving, driving without insurance or a valid licence.

The court heard the young man had complied with the conditions of his licence when was released previously. He was able to return to his flat if he were released soon.

Judge Peter Crabtree jailed Ford for six months. He said: “The police chase may only have occurred over a couple of miles, perhaps a little less, and a handful of minutes, but you sought to evade detection as you knew you had no licence or insurance.

“You drove at high speed in a residential area and in an aggressive manner.”

The judge said the offences were simply too serious for a prison sentence to be suspended. “This was dangerous driving in poor conditions at excessive speed, in a residential area and in circumstance where you eventually lost control and crashed and at the time you were on licence,” he said.

Ford was banned from driving for two years and three months. He will have to pass an extended driving test if he applies for a licence.