We asked readers whether they had ever been victims of either drink spiking or spiking by injection.

One woman told The Adver that she was out with a friend at a Swindon pub when she heard someone talking about ‘disco biscuits’.

Later that night, the same person was there so she asked her friend to watch her drink when she went to the bathroom.

She said: “I reached a point in the evening when I don’t recall anything.”

She woke up, covered in vomit, in a house in Moredon.

The address belonged to the man who had been speaking about ‘disco biscuits’ the night before.

She said: “I see the person whose house I woke up in around and he wouldn’t acknowledge me.

“I haven’t spoken to him about it but I know he’s guilty.”

A 21-year-old, who wishes to remain anonymous, said she was spiked three years ago, just a month after she’d turned 18.

She described how her hearing was affected and how she had to try hard to make her eyes focus.

She said: “I’ve been drunk before so started to realise something was wrong because this sensation was very different.

“My body felt really light and like I was walking on air to the point I couldn’t hold myself up.”

She remembers panicking but the rest of the night is a blank. Luckily, she had people around her who made sure she was OK.

She added: “It really shook me up because clubbing was something I was really looking forward to as a teenager and I was naive enough to think it wasn’t as common.

“It has stayed with me and I cannot fully relax and enjoy myself in bars and restaurants anymore.

“After hearing from other girls in Swindon how awful it has got since lockdown has eased, I refuse to go out full stop.

“Personally, I can’t risk going through it again.”

Another reader said she was spiked a few months ago and within 15 minutes of drinking her drink, she couldn’t feel her legs.

The 25-year-old said: “I couldn’t answer straightforward questions and couldn’t even remember my children’s names or that I had children at all.

“I won’t even let friends get me drinks and bring them to me.

“I still won’t drink anything without seeing it being poured. I have never experienced anything like that before.”

The Adver reported on Mileigh's experience of drink spiking back in 2018. She was rushed to hospital following a night in Bath.

She lost control of her speech, hands, legs and body due to a reaction to the drug and couldn’t stop vomiting. Her mother feared she was having a stroke.

Mileigh said: “People need to know about it [spiking] more, especially clubs, because I don’t think they realise how bad it can be for some girls.”

At the time she said: “Why would someone want to see me in this state, whether it was for fun or to even harm me. It was the worst moment of my life.”

Wiltshire Police have said that anyone who believes they have been the victim of spiking or have witnessed spiking should call 101. Any reports of spiking will be investigated and taken seriously.