FAIRFORD Town staged a thrilling comeback to snatch a 3-2 win at home to Longlevens in the Hellenic League Premier Division on Tuesday night.

Jody Bevan’s side were 2-0 in arrears at half-time at Cinder Lane but galvanised themselves over the closing stages to make it 12 points from five league games

Goals from Brad Martin and Harry Emmett put Longlevens in control at half-time but the hosts gave themselves a lifeline through Ellis Dunton.

Callum Preece then restored parity for Fairford from the penalty spot before Connor Thompson completed the comeback in the closing stages with a dramatic late winner.

Elsewhere, Royal Wootton Bassett Town remain on just one point after a heavy 6-1 drubbing at home to Westfields.

Sam Collier’s side picked up a draw in their season opener back on August 3 but their two subsequent league games have failed to yield any more points.

Bassett remain off the bottom ahead of Easington Sports, although Tuesday’s result means the two sides now have the same goal difference.

The hosts found themselves a goal down early on as Aidan Thomas gave Westfields the lead, and that advantage was doubled before the interval when Richard Greaves netted a penalty.

Greaves continued the onslaught as the second half began, and although Alfie Presley pulled a goal back for Bassett, it failed to ignite a comeback.

Thomas joined Greaves with two goals on the night to make it 4-1 before Craig Jones and Keanu Cooper completed the rout with the visitors’ fifth and sixth goals late on.

Shrivenham also endured a tough night as they were beaten 3-1 by Tuffley Rovers at home.

Ross Langworthy fired Tuffley ahead at Barrington Park but Shrivvy restored parity through a Jack Allan header.

Brett James was on target as Rovers retook the lead on the half-hour mark before Langworthy got his second of the night from the penalty spot in the dying embers of the first period.

Ollie Rejek gave Shrivvy with 10 minutes to go but time ran out on the hosts to force an equaliser.