RICHARD Fey’s Melksham Town continued their remarkable winning run after edging past in-form Cirencester Town 3-2 on Saturday.

Nearly five hundred supporters packed into the InfiLED Arena to watch Melksham take three points for the sixth Southern League Division One South game in a row.

Luke Ballinger, Jake Mawford and Phil Ormrod bagged a goal each as the home side moved up to eighth in the table.

The game’s first goal came after just three minutes when Ormrod took on his defender and crossed for Ballinger to nod in at the back post.

However, Cirencester drew level just before the twenty-minute mark when a diagonal ball bypassed the Melksham defence before being sent back across the face of goal by former Highworth Town man Toumani Sidibe.

The winger’s cross made its way to the far post where John Dennis applied the finishing touch.

Melksham edged back in front after half an hour when Mawford volleyed into the corner following a Josh Ford free-kick.

The away side were soon back in the game though when John Dennis cut in from the left and unleashed a thunderous strike from the edge of the box.

Dennis’ effort took a slight deflection past home goalkeeper Jamie Bartlett and flew into the net.

Dennis nearly bagged a first-half hat-trick just before the break as his shot went into the side netting of the Melksham goal.

The second half started in the same fashion as the first had ended, with both teams trading blows as the darkness descended.

Home stopper Jamie Bartlett was forced into a dramatic fingertip save to divert the ball from the top corner after a Levi Irving’s looping header almost crept in.

As both Melksham and Cirencester continued to attack, Ormrod got the decisive goal just after the hour mark.

Fey’s men pressed forward and crossed the ball into the penalty area from the right.

The ball broke to Ormrod who controlled before smashing it beyond Clayton into the roof of the net despite the presence of several visiting defenders around him.

Cirencester still had plenty time to launch a barrage of attacks, but the home defence remained focused to see out the game.