SPECTRUM needed extra time to book their place in the third round of the Wiltshire County FA Junior Cup with a 3-2 win over Oaksey.

After going 2-0 down in the first half, Bryan Watson’s Swindon and District League Premier Division side were force extra-time when Andy Higgins struck before Andy Marriot kept his side in the cup with the equaliser in the seventh minute of injury-time.

Substitute Jordan Smith then fired Spectrum through with a volleyed effort in extra time.

“It was a really good win. We started slowly and the two goals we conceded were both errors really, one was a short back pass and one was from a free-kick,” said Spectrum manager Watson.

“I had a word with them at half-time and told them to believe in themselves, we were getting back into the game at the end of the first half.

“We had all the momentum in the second half and managed to get the equaliser so the momentum was with us at the start of extra time.

“But they had two great chances at the start of extra time, but that was all they had and they began to tire.

“In the end Jordan Smith, who is only 17, chested it up and looped it over the keeper to seal the win which was a job well done given the start we’d had.”

Ramsbury also needed extra time and penalties to see off Calne Eagles in a 4-2 shootout win after the score was 1-1 in normal time.

Stockton and Codford had no such issues as they swept Blunsdon to one side in a 6-1 home victory.

Moredon couldn’t progress any further as their cup campaign was halted by Sarum Youth in a 2-1 defeat.

Three Daggers needed penalties to separate them from South Newton and Wishford, with the former winning 2-1 on spot kicks.

Swindon Spitfires, Intel and Luxol UK were all handed home walkovers against their respective opponents North Swindon WMC, Village Inn and Swindon Centurians.

Chiseldon had a weekend to forget as they were thumped 12-0 at home to Alderbury as Minety were beaten 5-3 by Wheatsheaf Stratton.

Tawny Owl also progressed after hosts Heytesbury conceded the tie. In the two matches to take place in the league, Core Construction may have waited eight games for their first win of the season but it was worth the wait as they thumped Swindon AFC 10-3 in Division One.

Liam Kearns grabbed a hat-trick for the winners, while Carl Woodham and Todd Mears both got doubles, to add to Desmond Keville, Neil Mitcham and Daryl Herring’s solitary efforts.

Elsewhere, Lyneham were also victorious as they hit Haydon Wick for six in a 6-1 away win over the seventh-placed side.