'COOL hand' Luke Norris had few complaints about Chesterfield's gamesmanship tricks as he waited to take the penalty that earned Swindon Town a point on Saturday.

Having been sent to the deck by a tug from Spireites' defender Scott Wiseman deep into injury time at the Town End, the top scorer was forced to stand patiently for a good two to three minutes to take the kick as the visitors indulged in a bout of protesting and delaying that earned their skipper Ian Evett a yellow card.

When order was finally restored Norris calmly sent keeper Joe Anyon the wrong way, his fifth spot-kick success so far this term and his ninth goal of the season.

The 24-year-old striker admitted he would have preferred to get straight on with the job of restoring parity, but conceded Chesterfield's reaction was to be expected given their own predicament at the foot of League Two.

"When you're down there fighting you will do anything. They've struggled this year and have come to Swindon, we're on a great run of form and they're winning 2-1 away,'' said the former Gillingham man.

"If I'm in their position I'd do exactly the same.

"I know as a player you just want to put the ball down and take it. All of a sudden three or four minutes passes by and it gets longer and longer and longer.

"I think that's five (penalties) now (this season) and it's something I'm confident with. I knew where I was always going to go and glad to see it go in.''

Norris' appearance off the bench as a first-half replacement for Harry Smith on Saturday marked his return to Swindon Town colours for the first time since the home defeat by Lincoln City last month, the injury to the left shoulder he dislocated on the opening day of the season at Carlisle having proved an irritant.

The frontman revealed the option of surgery on the problem had been put on the back burner for now while he worked with Town's medical team to stay fit.

"I've trained (last) Thursday and Friday and spoke to the gaffer (David Flitcroft), the assistant and medical staff and was always fixed on this game, if it's 20 minutes or half an hour,'' he added.

"It's unfortunate for Smudge (Harry Smith), he'd done so well.

"It's great to be back and it's credit to the medical team who have worked tirelessly over the last few weeks to get it right.

"There's always a small chance of certain things (going wrong) but I've got a (fitness) programme now which I'll stick to. I'm in good hands and it feels now better than it almost have ever felt.

"Getting eight goals and then being told it's a few weeks out and may even need surgery and you may not play until next year was the worst sort of time for me but we made a decision with the specialist and physios and agreed that it's got a chance. Hopefully it will hold out.''