PENHILL United showed no mercy to come from a goal down and cruise through their Knockout Cup tie.

The Division One high-flyers were shocked by Division Two Purton Red House, who took an early lead.

However, that was as good as it got for the visitors as Penhill romped to an 18-3 third-round victory, Jack Allen blasting seven for the hosts.

Aaron Welland helped himself to four, while Darren Smart notched a hat-trick, Chris Angel bagged a brace with Brad Stanners and Danny Hyde completing the scoring.

“When they scored in the first five minutes I did worry a little but then the boys pulled it together,” Penhill manager Graham Dunn said. “To go and score so many with so many different scorers it was very pleasing.

“We have had a good start to the season and we want to do as well as we can in the cups and try and compete with Greyhound at the top of Division One.”

Swiss Chalet picked up their first win of the season, 8-1 over Swindon Athletic to book their last-eight place.

Steve Nesbitt led the charge with four, while Aaron Williams, Josh Archer, Kierren Robins and Chris Reade completed the scoring.

“It’s been a very tough start to the season – the jump from Division Two to One is huge,” Chalet boss Craig Spreadborough said.

“I think if we’d stayed in Division Two then I think that we would have probably won it. But it was good to finally get our first win of the season.”

Greyhound were another Division One to no mercy in the cup as they put 13 on Division Three outfit Charles Geddes without reply.

Division One leaders Coleshill Youth edged Gorsehill Borough in a nine-goal thriller, while Jovial Monk claimed a 3-2 success over Cleeve Tech and AFC Freshbrook picked up a 2-0 victory over Nationwide.

In the Chairman’s Trophy quarter-finals, Rudis ran out 7-1 winners at Chiseldon Sunday, while Eldene won 3-2 at Wanborough.

Royal Wootton Bassett Town claimed a 3-2 Division Two success at Save On Tyres Athletic, while in Division Three, PSV Swindon thrashed Sevenfields United 16-0, Openwork United beat Smart Movers 4-1 and Swindon Rovers claimed a 5-2 win over Abbey Meads.